Does God have wings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As strange as it may seem, there are scriptures we typically overlook, suggesting that God has wings; not a wing, such as 'take you under his wing', but wings, plural!

Psalm 57:1

1{To the chief Musician, Altaschith, Michtam of David, when he fled from Saul in the cave.} Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

Psalm 91:4

4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalm 36:7

7How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

Psalm 17:8

8Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

Psalm 61:4

4I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

Psalm 63:7

7Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

Ruth 2:12

12The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.

Jeremiah 49:22

22Behold, he shall come up and fly as the eagle, and spread his wings over Bozrah: and at that day shall the heart of the mighty men of Edom be as the heart of a woman in her pangs.

Reactions: amadeus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As strange as it may seem, there are scriptures we typically overlook, suggesting that God has wings; not a wing, such as 'take you under his wing', but wings, plural!

Its a symbolic verse.

See...... = "God is A Spirit"..

Now if we say that God manifested in the Flesh, is JESUS... and that can be proven by 1 Timothy 3:16 & John 1:10..... then note that when Jesus ascended (flew) back into heaven, He didn't use wings. Acts 1:10
And when He comes back, the NT says that "well see Him AS HE IS", and that is not related to Jesus having any wings.

There is a type of angelic being that has them, and they fly around the Throne of God.
And the fallen one... Lucifer.... he is another type of angelic being who had wings.
He is a fallen Cherubim...

Where do you find 2 of those??

Right here... See those 2?

Lucifer was once one of those.. but not anymore.
-
1710710201539.png

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a symbolic verse.

"God is A Spirit"..

Now if we say that God manifested in the Flesh, is JESUS... and that can be proven by 1 Timothy 3:16 & John 1:10..... then note that when Jesus ascended (flew) back into heaven, he didn't use wings.
And when He comes back, the NT says that "well see Him AS HE IS", and that is not related to Jesus having any wings.

There is a type of angelic being that has them, and they fly around the Throne of God.
And the fallen one... Lucifer.... he is another type of angelic being who had wings.
He is a fallen Cherubim...

Where do you find 2 of those??

Right here... See those 2?

Lucifer was once one of those.. but not anymore.
-
View attachment 43401
No, God is not a spirit, but the correct translation is God is spirit (not a spirit) meaning God is the life force, energy, etc. Check out that scripture a little more closely and see the interlinear. John 4:24. The KJV is NOT the correct translation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, God is not a spirit, but the correct translation is God is spirit

Let me show you why that is a false translation, and probably a bible that need to be in the dumpster.

Listen carefully... @DJT_47

There are many types of Spirits.

Here are 4 types.

1.) the spirit in animals

2.) the spirit in people

3.) The Devil's unholy Spiirt, or the "Unclean Spirit"

4.). God's Spirit that is the HOLY Spirit.

So, when a false bible says.. "God is spirit" vs, how a Real bible teaches that "God is A Spirit".

Then the False Bible, ( deceiving translation), that said "God is Spirit" is literally teaching that God's Holy Spirit, is no different the the "unclean spirit' or the demonic spirit, or the spirit that is in the DEVIL.

So, any so called "bible" that does not Teach that "God is A Spirit" is not making the correct distinction between the HOLY Spirit of God and the unclean Spirit of/in the DEVIL
Is not making the distinction between the Holy Spirit of God and the spirit in a horse.
Is not making the distinction between the spirit in an unbeliever and "God who is A Spirit".. = The Holy Spirit.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me show you why that is a false translation, and probably a bible that need to be in the dumpster.

Listen carefully... @DJT_47

There are many types of Spirits.

Here are 4 types.

1.) the spirit in animals

2.) the spirit in people

3.) The Devil's unholy Spiirt, or the "Unclean Spirit"

4.). God's Spirit that is the HOLY Spirit.

So, when a false bible says.. "God is spirit" vs, how a Real bible teaches that "God is A Spirit".

Then the False Bible, ( deceiving translation), that said "God is Spirit" is literally teaching that God's Holy Spirit, is no different the the "unclean spirit' or the demonic spirit, or the spirit that is in the DEVIL.

So, any so called "bible" that does not Teach that "God is A Spirit" is not making the correct distinction between the HOLY Spirit of God and the unclean Spirit of/in the DEVIL
Is not making the distinction between the Holy Spirit of God and the spirit in a horse.
Is not making the distinction between the spirit in an unbeliever and "God who is A Spirit".. = The Holy Spirit.
The "real bible" is the original language, and for the NT, that's Greek. As I already stated to you, ck out the interlinear, the original Greek language. There is no 'a'. And also look at other translations. The kjv and only a couple others stuck a 'a' before spirit. Look at the new kjv, the new international, the English standard, Berean standard, the new American standard, the NASB 1995, 1977, legacy standard, amplified bible, and more. All have no 'a' added before the word spirit.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The "real bible" is the original language,

Listen,

There are 30 Greek NT.
And none of them are the "originals".

See, the only Originals, were the Apostles actual letters, and they are long gone....

So, What God has done is He has preserved the writings, but not all of the translations of the COPIES< are a 'real bible".

Now, if you are born again, then when you meet God The FATHER, He wont have a body, as God "exists in Light" and is "A Spirit".

Jesus is "That Spirit".

The K.Greek, is not the bible.

Trust your bible, (if its a legit one)... and do not follow self righteous bible correctors who rebuke the Holy Bible and elevate themselves into self righteous authority over the bible by teaching that the greek ""originals""" are the word of God.
When in fact the "originals" do not exist.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen,

There are 30 Greek NT.
And none of them are the "originals".

See, the only Originals, were the Apostles actual letters, and they are long gone....

So, What God has done is He has preserved the writings, but not all of the translations of the COPIES< are a 'real bible".

Now, if you are born again, then when you meet God The FATHER, He wont have a body, as God "exists in Light" and is "A Spirit".

Jesus is "That Spirit".

The K.Greek, is not the bible.

Trust your bible, (if its a legit one)... and do not follow self righteous bible correctors who rebuke the Holy Bible and elevate themselves into self righteous authority over the bible by teaching that the greek ""originals""" are the word of God.
When in fact the "originals" do not exist.
God is spirit not a spirit or ghost.

And regarding my post, I have no idea if God actually has wings or not; I'm simply pointing out what the scriptures say in many places that raises that question. Does it matter if he does or doesn't? No

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God is spirit

No, God is a/The HOLY Spirit. = "God is A Spirit".... and "Christ is THAT Spirit".

A Specific TYPE.

Not just "spirit"...

As the DEVIL has a spirit.

See, the born again are become "the Temple of the Holy Spirit" and that is not the Devil's Spirit.

So...Be sure that you understand that these are not the same "spirit" and once you do, .. then dont use a "bible" that has been perverted to teach that God is the same "spirit" as the Devil's Spirit.
Now, if you believe that the "unclean spirit" and a "demonic spirit" is the same as God's, then keep using a "bible" that says..
= "God is spirit", vs "God is A Spirit".

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have no idea if God actually has wings or not;
Why would God have wings? Wings are physical members of a physical body that enable that body to fly through air (gas) so that it does not succumb to a force of gravity. God does not live in the physical world, so he would not need physical wings. The Bible references to God's wings, arms, hands and feet, etc. are all figures of speech, and should not be interpreted literally.

Assuming that Jesus now has the same spiritual nature as God, the Bible tells us that that nature has not yet been revealed to us. Therefore mention of God having wings, arms, a mouth, eyes, etc. cannot be literal.

1 John 3:2 (WEB):
(2) Beloved, now we are children of God, and it is not yet revealed what we will be. But we know that when he is revealed, we will be like him; for we will see him just as he is.​

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my experiences with God, times when He was doing deep healing, I was literally held by Jesus ...and yes, I saw His wings. I was held even close enough that I saw gold in His wings. It was beautiful. In another experience with Him, He covered me, and hid me from the evil ones who wanted to kill me.

Psalm 91:4-6
[4]He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
[5]Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

[6]Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

Colossians 3:3
[3]For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Matthew 23:37
[37]O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Just read His Word and don't try to figure it out with your own mind. God's Word says what it says .....take Him at His Word. I wasn't expecting to see literal wings ...but I did. And it wasn't strange or shocking. In the realm of the spirit, things are so different, and yet so much clearer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is often portrayed as "like" a winged dove (Mark 1:10, Matthew 3:16).

(No, we're not going to discuss the subject we're not allowed to discuss.)
Excuse me if I find that comment funny. But yes there is a spirit portion to God. And perhaps he has wings.

(There I said it, shame on me)

Reactions: Lambano

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would God have wings? Wings are physical members of a physical body that enable that body to fly through air (gas) so that it does not succumb to a force of gravity. God does not live in the physical world, so he would not need physical wings. The Bible references to God's wings, arms, hands and feet, etc. are all figures of speech, and should not be interpreted literally.

Assuming that Jesus now has the same spiritual nature as God, the Bible tells us that that nature has not yet been revealed to us. Therefore mention of God having wings, arms, a mouth, eyes, etc. cannot be literal.

1 John 3:2 (WEB):
(2) Beloved, now we are children of God, and it is not yet revealed what we will be. But we know that when he is revealed, we will be like him; for we will see him just as he is.​
I simply quoted the scriptures and stated no personal position. Read them and decide for yourself.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and amadeus

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me if I find that comment funny. But yes there is a spirit portion to God. And perhaps he has wings.

(There I said it, shame on me)
I believe He does for 2 reasons...
1. Scriptures mention it in several places.
2. I have seen them in my times of healing with Him.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I simply quoted the scriptures and stated no personal position. Read them and decide for yourself.
I have read them and decided! As I pointed out, those verses should not be interpreted as a literal description of God. For example, Psalms 61:4 (WEB):

(4) I will dwell in your tent forever. I will take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Selah.​

David is using figurative language - he is not literally going to live forever in the tent of the tabernacle of the Tent of Meeting, nor is he going to be hiding under God's literal wings. Barnes Notes says:

The idea is, that he would seek and find protection in God - as young birds do under the outstretched wings of the parent bird.​

Another example of figurative language is Deuteronomy 32:9-12 (WEB):

(9) For Yahweh’s portion is his people. Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.​
(10) He found him in a desert land, in the waste howling wilderness. He surrounded him. He cared for him. He kept him as the apple of his eye.​
(11) As an eagle that stirs up her nest, that flutters over her young, he spread abroad his wings, he took them, he bore them on his feathers.​
(12) Yahweh alone led him. There was no foreign god with him.​

When the Israelites were wandering in the wilderness for 40 years, they were not being carried along on feathers - it should not be taken literally!

Last edited:

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read them and decided! As I pointed out, those verses should not be interpreted as a literal description of God. For example, Psalms 61:4 (WEB):

(4) I will dwell in your tent forever. I will take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Selah.​

David is using figurative language - he is not literally going to live forever in the tent of the tabernacle of the Tent of Meeting, nor is he going to be hiding under God's literal wings. Barnes Notes says:

The idea is, that he would seek and find protection in God - as young birds do under the outstretched wings of the parent bird.​

Another example of figurtive language is Deuteronomy 32:9-12 (WEB):

(9) For Yahweh’s portion is his people. Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.​
(10) He found him in a desert land, in the waste howling wilderness. He surrounded him. He cared for him. He kept him as the apple of his eye.​
(11) As an eagle that stirs up her nest, that flutters over her young, he spread abroad his wings, he took them, he bore them on his feathers.​
(12) Yahweh alone led him. There was no foreign god with him.​

When the Israelites were wandering in the wilderness for 40 years, they were not being carried along on feathers - it should not be taken literally!
Great!

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some - many - of the threads on these forums are just smack-your-forehead bizzare. They are entertaining in precisely the way a Monty Python skit - a really bad Monty Python skit - is entertaining. DOES GOD HAVE WINGS??? Yeah, the eternal transcendent Spirit has wings. Right. Got it. Cue the Monty Python theme. Beam me up, Scotty.

Reactions: Lambano

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some - many - of the threads on these forums are just smack-your-forehead bizzare. They are entertaining in precisely the way a Monty Python skit - a really bad Monty Python skit - is entertaining. DOES GOD HAVE WINGS??? Yeah, the eternal transcendent Spirit has wings. Right. Got it. Cue the Monty Python theme. Beam me up, Scotty.
Read the scriptures. That's what THEY are inferring

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the scriptures. That what THEY are inferring
People have trouble believing the scriptures are the Word of God. They think He's lying, or everything they don't understand with their carnal mind must be allegory.