Does God hear everything we say?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
For example, when we're simply talking to him, not praying but simply talking. Does he hear it all?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Do you guys find that unsettling, comforting or just plain spooky that he hears everything.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not spooky......I live in the U.S. - I am tracked on my phone, Internet use, and on camera in every public place - I am used to it.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
aspen said:
Not spooky......I live in the U.S. - I am tracked on my phone, Internet use, and on camera in every public place - I am used to it.
So God hears our little mumblings and rants to Him?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Yes He does. I honestly would rather have Him tracking me than Google tracking me. He is the good Shepard. He knows His flock and His flock knows Him. :) I have nothing to hide from Him.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Hey, speak for yourself......I know who is listening, j/k

I really do not think He is shocked. Learning to be meta cognitive helps to put your thoughts in perspective....we are not as important as we think and neither are our random thoughts.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been having unloving thoughts a lot lately and after thinking about my thoughts I have realized how stress and blood sugar is affecting me. I think that is a good outcome.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
So if we're feeling tempted or a dark force is on us, we can talk to Jesus and ask Him to remove the bad stuff?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
So if we're feeling tempted or a dark force is on us, we can talk to Jesus and ask Him to remove the bad stuff?
Absolutely!!! I do that myself. When thoughts that don't belong enter my mind, I ask Him to remove these thoughts and ask for the strength to overcome the temptations! :) Cast them out in the name of Jesus Christ!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is compassionate. He is always working for our perfection.

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it really is, to me. Simply because I have great faith in the Lord and He has proven His works in my life countless times. Through Him all things are possible.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
our mind tends to work against us. Jesus talked about the futility of worrying, but we still do it. So we need to recognize ourselves as fragile and prone to panicking about the unknown - most of it is just in our heads. God already knows we are imperfect and just wants to walk along side us and help us though our hang ups.

Reactions: lforrest

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
our mind tends to work against us. Jesus talked about the futility of worrying, but we still do it. So we need to recognize ourselves as fragile and prone to panicking about the unknown - most of it is just in our heads. God already knows we are imperfect and just wants to walk along side us and help us though our hang ups.
Well put, brother! I like that one. :) I completely agree.

Reactions: aspen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isa 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

God is not deaf.

Inall His love

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
He hears every thing said and thought. And don't worry while he was flesh he probably thought some things that only one in flesh would think.

Like why does my back itch so much? Or really they are gossiping again? Hunger, thirst, tiredness. I'm sure that was antagonising as well. Especially when before you never had to think about that.

I should think there were days where he thought to himself, this wouldn't happen if I didn't have this weak body.

So he's heard it all and some of it he thought himself as a man.

It doesn't scare nor worry me he hears it all. Better him than people who'd use it against me. I trust him, he's got my best interests in hand. He's been there when all others failed.

He's a good King. He died for me, I would return that favour without hesitation.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
ATP said:
Do you guys find that unsettling, comforting or just plain spooky that he hears everything.

I find it comforting as I would not want Him to miss any important prayers.

He is omniscient.

Forsakenone

Dec 25, 2013
ATP said:
For example, when we're simply talking to him, not praying but simply talking. Does he hear it all?
Depends, some God does not hear, and some that he hears he does not take heed to.

If one has not seen the Father, nor heard His voice then I would venture to say that while they should not cease, the answer is probably not.