Does God testify of Churches and their truth level?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok Devin, you've been warned. It's on you now.
I have the TRUTH and you can too ,it is all in God!
Please pass off the hurt and hear what I am saying to you.
I have the peace of God that is why I'm NOT running here & there seeking. You will only be complete when you surrender ALL to him and receive from him, not other spirits.

I'll leave you to God then. May he pierce your heart and prick your mind with his Spirit to bring you into his fold !
Least, I get daily peace and love from God's spirit. He knows me well and visits often in spirit. Please don't suppose that you are the only one blessed from God. He loves all his children.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 11:16 But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God.

I know God's church is not contentious.

• Haha
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Least, I get daily peace and love from God's spirit. He knows me well and visits often in spirit. Please don't suppose that you are the only one blessed from God. He loves all his children.

So you say.
I question whom it is that visits.
I do not suppose I am the only one blessed.
I CAN DISCERN by the Spirit of God those that have the truth.

INTO HIS HANDS.............

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will refrain from your threads or post and will not engage.
May the Lord be merciful to all.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We also know how to discern the Lords people and thereby his church, they will have the fruits of the Holy Spirit and portray such things in their demeanor:

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church of God will have an establishment called out in 1 Timothy 3:2-13:

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Qualifications of Deacons​

8 Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money, 9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. 10 But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless. 11 Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. 12 Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. 13 For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the church they will look after the sick, widows and the poor and tending to their needs. I believe they will be humble and sincere, and the good members will know they are not perfect.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's probably more to recognize God's church as it's spelled out in scripture. But that's all I came up with. And I think before I attempt to ask God which church is his, I should do my research and find out from scripture, which I've done.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 3:6-13 spells out that the Lords servants should be working if they have the capability to do so. So I wonder if that means that the clergy should be working for a living.

ThomasClarke444

Dec 18, 2022
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is always testing us for us do better. He is everywhere, but one must visit (removed. Please see forum rules re: links) daily or at least twice in a week to get the inner peace, which we have lost in the modern world and to experience the inner satisfaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Angelina

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hello all, im new here :)

Thought I would chime in on seeking a church.

If a church isn't going by scripture, I wouldn't join it. For eg... sermons always topical and not much scripture in them... congregation members treating it like a social club... the music band is the main focus and not the Word.

Key features I think a good church would have:

* Belief in the Trinity-- Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Father.. co-equal.. co-eternal.. all fully God.. all uncreated.
* Belief in the independence of the local church from govt affairs
* Baptism of believers only, by immersion only, after having been converted.. not the means of conversion
* Salvation by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ as God and Saviour. This can't be undone. Not by God.. not by the person who has the salvation.
* Belief the bible is the Word of God.. inerrant.. infallible
* Belief in the second coming of Christ

Reactions: Nancy and David H.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all, im new here :)

Thought I would chime in on seeking a church.

If a church isn't going by scripture, I wouldn't join it. For eg... sermons always topical and not much scripture in them... congregation members treating it like a social club... the music band is the main focus and not the Word.

Key features I think a good church would have:

* Belief in the Trinity-- Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Father.. co-equal.. co-eternal.. all fully God.. all uncreated.
* Belief in the independence of the local church from govt affairs
* Baptism of believers only, by immersion only, after having been converted.. not the means of conversion
* Salvation by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ as God and Saviour. This can't be undone. Not by God.. not by the person who has the salvation.
* Belief the bible is the Word of God.. inerrant.. infallible
* Belief in the second coming of Christ
Hello 360 and welcome to CyB! I happen to agree with your post as does this sites statement of faith.
Enjoy your tine here!

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have received some personal revelation from the Holy Spirit and so I asked God which church is his church. And no reply. Which leads me to believe that God doesn't testify of churches. Anybody else have that happen?
I've come to think that the individuality of many churches trump the denominational distinctives. Not always, I'm not saying that, I'm more thinking that God knows that I'll do will with this particular group of people, regardless of whether they are Southern Baptist or Calvary Chapel or Lutheran. I've been in each of these at times, each ministering to me in their own ways.

I realize I'm second guessing God's leading, but that's how I think of this.

1 Peter 5:3 KJV
3) Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

God's heritage, some translate this as "God's allotment", that is, those allotted to that particular shepherd. Like, I was sent to this church, being "allotted" to this pastor/congregation. That each should shepherd those who have been sent to them.

Much love!

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have received some personal revelation from the Holy Spirit and so I asked God which church is his church. And no reply. Which leads me to believe that God doesn't testify of churches. Anybody else have that happen?
All you have to do is read Revelation chapters 1-3. Christ Himself testifies regarding churches and why they need to repent. What is shown in Revelation is applicable to all churches today, in that they all can be assessed using the words of Christ in the Bible.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you have to do is read Revelation chapters 1-3. Christ Himself testifies regarding churches and why they need to repent. What is shown in Revelation is applicable to all churches today, in that they all can be assessed using the words of Christ in the Bible.
Yes that makes sense. I've noticed of the churches I've investigated that they all have fallen away from the truth in different areas.