Does It Annoy You When Somebody Talks Too Much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I prefer to operate according the Goldilocks principle of verbosity.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Break in eat their food, broke their chair, and flee out the window.

This isn't about breaking and entering,.. it's about talking a lot. Lol I think you're a little bit mixed up today. If you were one of my friends irl I would ask you if you screws were loose again. :p

Reactions: Shattered

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again, just because somebody is social what makes you think that they also can't be a listener?
Incessant talking is a one way street. Self importance minimises awareness of perception. Self importance in this context masquerades as social and as a listener but is far from it.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
This isn't about breaking and entering,.. it's about talking a lot. Lol I think you're a little bit mixed up today. If you were one of my friends irl I would ask you if you screws were loose again. :p
But Truman is right, the Goldilocks principle usually refers to just the right amount.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
justifying many words is like talking a lot about love....it has an appearance of wisdom but has no power to generate insight or love respectively.

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Example:

"You've been so quiet tonight. Is everything okay?"

Yep.

"Are you sure?"

Aye.

"Is there anything you need?"

No... well, yes, as a matter of fact there is.

"Oh. What's that?"

To remain quiet! :D

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't talk non-stop, so that probably doesn't count as verbal diarrhea,.. but it's still sort of rude to say about somebody. Some people just like to talk. Big whoop! :rolleyes:
That's the nice part about being the quiet one. Others get to say whatever they desire and I have no problems with listening. :)

Reactions: April_Rose

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of speaking... I'm reminded of what happened one night when I was cajoled into visiting a Toastmaster's meeting. Not my cup of tea but I saw no harm in it. It wasn't like I was going to participate in that brouhaha anyway. Bah.

Heh. Every once in a while I'm known to depart from the script and so when the podium was opened up for members and visitors alike, I threw caution to the wind and took the stage on a whim... why not.

Wow. I had no idea that I possessed a gift for public speaking. I had to ad-lib a brief speech using the criteria given to me (this included "bananas" and "the Oscars") and I delivered a flawless performance with no "aaahs," "umms," or nervous fidgeting. Scored perfectly.

Ah, but I still don't care much for speaking. Only when I feel like it. :)

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my own personal experience, if I'm feeling annoyed with someone it's more of an indicator of what I need to work on rather than the other person. Some of the questions I have to ask myself are, am I being patient? Am I walking in love? Am I being understanding, etc. People are people and I can guarantee you I annoy others at times too.

If someone is feeling annoyed by someone talking too much than the simple solution is to set boundaries when engaging with the person. The person feeling annoyed feels the way they do probably (not always, but it could be a possible reason) because they lack the self confidence to set boundaries and be firm.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for having a polite response, because I wasn't asking for rudeness when I started this topic but it appears my other two responders could have worded their responses much nicer.
Sister it is time for you to put your big girl pants on and quit taking everyone so serious....:D
When you're in a room full of strangers you never know what to expect....
As Forrest's mama said....life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get...
:cool:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister it is time for you to put your big girl pants on and quit taking everyone so serious....:D
When you're in a room full of strangers you never know what to expect....
As Forrest's mama said....life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get...
:cool:

Lol I didn't know that you knew Forrest's mama. XD

Reactions: Shattered