Does it matter what time I fast?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Quick question, when we fast for God, Does it have to be during the day time??

Thanks

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Are you thinking of fasting while you sleep? Are you going to cut out all food, or maybe just your favorite dessert?

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
I figured that it would be much easier to fast at night time before I go to sleep, Because that is when I am reading and praying

Axehead

May 9, 2012
There are no rules when walking by the Spirit. You don't lean to your own understanding but yield to the direction of God's voice (Spirit). That is "new life" in Christ.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Axehead said:
There are no rules when walking by the Spirit. You don't lean to your own understanding but yield to the direction of God's voice (Spirit). That is "new life" in Christ.
How do I know when I hear his voice?? I listen to a voice in my head that is soft, But I have no idea if it is him or not. I don't want to blaspheme, I just have no idea at all. I hear this voice, but it says things I don't think are really "something he would say" But I really don't want to blaspheme and commit an unforgivable sin, Can you Help me with this? Does the Holy spirit lead us by urging us to do things?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Inmate said:
How do I know when I hear his voice?? I listen to a voice in my head that is soft, But I have no idea if it is him or not. I don't want to blaspheme, I just have no idea at all. I hear this voice, but it says things I don't think are really "something he would say" But I really don't want to blaspheme and commit an unforgivable sin, Can you Help me with this? Does the Holy spirit lead us by urging us to do things?
The Holy Spirit does not condemn, He convicts.

He leads us peacefully, not oppressively.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi inmate...

I hear this voice, but it says things I don't think are really "something he would say"
...now how do you know that?.. :huh: ..how do you know that what you are hearing, is something he would or would not say?

That's right! ;) it's because you read your bible and the bible has given you an impression of God's character and his personality...

Bless ya!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Sun up until sun upcounts as 1 completed fast,you dont have to fast everyday,you can take breaks in between,fast for 40 days and watch the magic that will take place in your life.