Does it work both ways?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Indeed amadeus. Kinda reminds me of the idea that "If God gave man the ability of divine judgement and punishment" we would all probably end up in the lake of fire....:(

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People are people wherever they are. Long ago they tied up nearly all of the denominations so tight that unless you already agreed with them or you appeared to be a candidate for eventually agreeing with them, you would not be welcome for long. Forums have sometimes gone the same way and some people want them to... On this forum at this time, the powers the be have not elected to lock people out so quickly... but some people would vote to do so, if it were put up for a vote, I am certain.
Well we all know Jesus disagreed with the religious and teh learned and look what happened to Him. Mankind deems we must conform to his way of thinking, his ideas, where as christians we are supposed to be conformed to the image of Christ, and that means quiet a bit of swimming against the tide of religion.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well we all know Jesus disagreed with the religious and teh learned and look what happened to Him. Mankind deems we must conform to his way of thinking, his ideas, where as christians we are supposed to be conformed to the image of Christ, and that means quiet a bit of swimming against the tide of religion.
Amen!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But to talk with many of them who are in the deadest churches they refuse to understand just how dead they are. This forum has more life than most of them most of the time. That is sort of a back-handed compliment for the forum. In the mean time I also start to get discouraged when it seems like I am the only one in the neighborhood where I live that loves God. I know that's not true, but sometimes God puts a hard test on me. Keep me in your prayers.

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But to talk with many of them who are in the deadest churches they refuse to understand just how dead they are. This forum has more life than most of them most of the time. That is sort of a back-handed compliment for the forum. In the mean time I also start to get discouraged when it seems like I am the only one in the neighborhood where I live that loves God. I know that's not true, but sometimes God puts a hard test on me. Keep me in your prayers.
The harder we press teh harder the enemy presses. i have being at that point of giving up, in fact I have mentioned to God many times in my chats that I can understand why so many called give up. Christians may think its fun but at time its downright horrible, funny thing is in the end none of this will matter one bit, all the pain teh suffering the loneliness teh emptiness will go and we will have teh fullness of Christ, just seems so pointless at times. Well at least there are some here who can hear and see,

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed amadeus. Kinda reminds me of the idea that "If God gave man the ability of divine judgement and punishment" we would all probably end up in the lake of fire....:(
Yes, this is why the churches and the supposedly Christians forums put forward such a poor image to any unsaved who might take a peek at us. We're too busy fighting among ourselves to do God's work. I wish I could say I was different but at time I get very discouraged and open my mouth when it would be better to keep it shut.

Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The harder we press teh harder the enemy presses. i have being at that point of giving up, in fact I have mentioned to God many times in my chats that I can understand why so many called give up. Christians may think its fun but at time its downright horrible, funny thing is in the end none of this will matter one bit, all the pain teh suffering the loneliness teh emptiness will go and we will have teh fullness of Christ, just seems so pointless at times. Well at least there are some here who can hear and see,
Even I was just reading your above words, the apostle Paul's words came to me about not getting weary in well doing. Alone, we would get so weary that we long ago would have sunk clear to the bottom.

God just now touched my heart to let me know He's not finished with us yet and He still has some things for us to do for Him.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Pisteuo

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, this is why the churches and the supposedly Christians forums put forward such a poor image to any unsaved who might take a peek at us. We're too busy fighting among ourselves to do God's work. I wish I could say I was different but at time I get very discouraged and open my mouth when it would be better to keep it shut.

Help us dear Lord!
Amen!!!

Reactions: mjrhealth