Who are the Saved?

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Well-Known Member
Feb 24, 2011
16,681
7,304
113
www.FinishingTheMystery.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is at the final redemption. Being given an eternal body after leaving this mortal body. The idea of having 2 bodies at the present time is based on a bad reading and a somewhat unstable mind. :rolleyes:
That means taking away from much of what is written. I am not going to quote it all--you should know better--and thus are accountable for all. Here's just one:

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.​

But even this can be misconstrued, or misinterpreted, leaving us to choose. However, if one believes his flesh body is new and born of the Spirit, he only kids himself and believes a lie. For as it has already been stated, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
 
  • Like
Reactions: marks

ScottA

Well-Known Member
Feb 24, 2011
16,681
7,304
113
www.FinishingTheMystery.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How you arrive at 2 bodies is basically schizoid Gnosticism. Have you ever been diagnosed?

I'm not claiming to be sinless...I'm claiming that in Christ is no sin. There is balance that an extreme view can't perceive.

I am claiming to have walked without sin in the past...because I was translated to walk where Jesus is. In Zion.

The walk is real. There is victory in Christ....which people here will deny claiming to be sinners until they die...and that's the case because they have never entered into Christ.
Okay Episkopos, I can see you are trying...and I know this is your thread and you should try to save face, I get that. But we all have a need to be available to hone our beliefs--if that is what we are stating, and most are. And these times are for that very purpose of being lead "unto all truth." Some of the things we now speak of may yet be foundational, and rightly so, for there are new believers among us. But we also are living in the times of building and finishing the works of Christ. That is where "rightly dividing the word of truth" comes in and is so important. Even so, we are on the outer limbs from the Branch, and many have strayed from what is actually true, spreading leaves that are destine to wither and die or be cut off and thrown into the fire. And many are victims of former false teachings.

But if we are to represent Christ correctly, we need to acknowledge and preach if we will preach, that there is a natural body and a spiritual body, that what is born of the flesh is flesh and what is born of the spirit is spirit, and no version of the flesh inherits the new heavens and earth, for all these are the kingdom of God.

Save your face if you must, but if you stray too far... I'll leave it at that. :praying: