Does Jesus Scare Anybody Else?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

renewedfaith1964

Nov 13, 2013
Does Jesus scare anybody? I have to be honest, he has always kinda scared me. On the one hand, he makes beautiful proclamations about coming to him for rest. In the next minute, he is throwing people into hell.

I have always been uncomfortable with Jesus. As for God, I feel this bond, like he and I are on great terms. However, whenever I think of Jesus, I think of judgment. Jesus was the first person to ever mention hell. It was never mentioned in the Old Testament. Hell has always scared me. I have learned to live with it, but I have always been unable to obtain peace with it sitting there. I’m just being frank with you. I am a Christian, pray to Jesus, but am scared at the same time. I have been a Christian for over 30 years, so I have seen it all.

I just wish I had peace. I have claimed plenty of Bible verses and prayed diligently. Unfortunately, peace has never come to me.

Just looking to see if any other Christians feel the same. Please, I am not asking for “solutions” to my problems, nor am I looking to be peppered with verses that will solve my dilemma. I realize it is the Christian response to fix people and give them Bible verses to heal the wound. I’m not looking for that. I also realize that I will probably receive multiple comments like “maybe you aren’t saved” or “maybe you need to do xyz.” I’m not inviting that. Just looking for other brothers and sisters who try hard, but feel kind of scared of Jesus, and don’t have tons of peace in their lives. Is there anybody else out there like that?

SelectThis!

AlephBet - The Strong House of God
Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
What if you knew just how Human our Kinsman Redeemer was? What if you knew that He relates to your every sin and knows your heart better than you do? Relax. You are in the water. This means you are baptized into life for one reason. You are here to repent. Here is the reason, and no, I am not going to show you a salvation message. You already know the message. I am giving you the process.

Deuteronomy 4

[SIZE=.75em]19 [/SIZE]And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.

Any time the Bible uses Heaven, it refers to the Heavens. What is the point then?

[SIZE=.75em]20 [/SIZE]But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

You are in a refinery called Egypt. Moses called us out of Egypt to cross the Jordan and into a promised land. Before you can go, you are refined. Baptism is the process to refine your soul. You must be born again. Instead of simply giving you the proof of this from scripture, I will show you how Jesus was fully man. He must endure everything we endure. If we are to be born again (resurrected / baptized), then so must He. He is the Redeemer.

Job 19

[SIZE=.75em]26 [/SIZE]And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet[SIZE=.65em][e][/SIZE] in[SIZE=.65em][f][/SIZE] my flesh I will see God;
[SIZE=.75em]27 [/SIZE]I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

[SIZE=.75em]28 [/SIZE]“If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,[SIZE=.65em][g][/SIZE]’
[SIZE=.75em]29 [/SIZE]you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.[SIZE=.65em][h][/SIZE]”

First, Job knew he who the Redeemer was. Second, he knew he would live again. Third, he knew that the root of the trouble for us was found in the Redeemer. Who fell in the Garden? Adam. Who created Adam?

Luke 3

[SIZE=.75em]37 [/SIZE]the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch,
the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel,
the son of Kenan, [SIZE=.75em]38 [/SIZE]the son of Enosh,
the son of Seth, the son of Adam,
the son of God.

The Lord (Son of God). Who is the Last Adam and Redeemer?

1 Corinthians 15

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. [SIZE=.75em]45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f][/SIZE]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. [SIZE=.75em]46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we[g][/SIZE] bear the image of the heavenly man.

Who is Adam? Who is the last Adam? Who created Adam and Redeemed mankind? The Son of God.

[SIZE=.75em]35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?”[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.[/SIZE]

You must be born again. Baptism at its root meaning is the key to understanding how you rise to new life.

In John 2, why would Jesus not entrust himself to the crowd that was coming to him in faith?

[SIZE=.75em]23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name.[d][/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.[/SIZE]

Why? He goes on to explain this in the next chapter. You must be born again and He knows your needs before you do. You have been here before.

Read this: Baptism. Also, read this: Guardian This too: Temple / Template

Answering questions such as yours requires a broader map of the territory. Once you know who Jesus was as Redeemer, you know that he has shared in every human life and every moment of joy and terror. He knows what you go through.

1 Corinthians 10

[SIZE=.75em]16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ?[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.[/SIZE]

Most importantly, he bears the cup for you and you share the Bread with Him. Equally, He has been baked in the oven right along side you the whole time.

Luke 10:9

[SIZE=.75em]20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed,[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”[/SIZE]

He knew their hearts. He knows ours.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
renewedfaith1964 said:
Does Jesus scare anybody? I have to be honest, he has always kinda scared me. On the one hand, he makes beautiful proclamations about coming to him for rest. In the next minute, he is throwing people into hell.
Actually, Jesus doesn't "throw people into Hell." Instead, people earn their way to Hell through their own sins.

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
Dodo_David said:
Actually, Jesus doesn't "throw people into Hell." Instead, people earn their way to Hell through their own sins.
Would it be better to say that God requires debt to be paid rather than a debt to be earned? In this case, going against His will to give and receive would be less of something earned and possibly a debt to be paid by the thief. I do agree with you on the quality of Jesus being the Redeemer / Advocate and not the White Throne Judge.

What about God? Is He the one putting us in Hell?

2 Corinthians 2

[SIZE=.75em]14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task?[/SIZE][SIZE=.75em]17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.[/SIZE]

Who is the one and the other one in the verse above? To the one being saved, we are seen by God as the aroma of Christ. To those who are unsaved, we are the aroma of death. Why is this? Truth is a double-edged sWord. It is pleasing to hear truth if you are saved. It is a reminder of what is coming for those who are perishing.

I think a somewhat correct answer reflects the choice to ignore truth with IGNORance, or the choice to heed Truth with a triumphal victory march. In the end, isn't it truth that determines the judgment of the Just Judge? Who will that Just Judge be at the White Throne of Judgment?

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
renewedfaith1964 said:
SelectThis, thanks for your words of encouragement.
Not a problem. We all have fears associated with what is unseen. We could speculate all day long about who Jesus is, but when we allow Him to show us, the fruit always shows us what we see. That verse I showed in the other post has a companion verse from Paul:

John 2

[SIZE=.75em]23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name.[d][/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.[/SIZE]

Once we know the Son of God by his fruit, we then know this:

1 Corinthians 13

[SIZE=.75em]11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.75em]13 [/SIZE]And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

For now, faith is a one way mirror. God sees both through our eyes at the world and Himself. We only see one way for now. When God prepares us to see Christ, we then see both ways and face to face with God.

John 6

[SIZE=.75em]65 [/SIZE]He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

God enables you by faith. This is His work in us. Faith is when we open our arms to God. In Hebrew, this is the letter Hey, which means to behold a great work. That great work is the one God accomplishes in us for later work with the Son.
Proto-Cannanite (Abram becomes AbraHam). This is you looking to God.

HEY.jpg

Once we are enabled, we see His Son by the Cross. This is the Tav of Hebrew. It is two crossed sticks.

Tav is the Omega of Christ's work to open His arms to you:

TAV.jpg

IN English, the fruit that falls from the Hebrew linguistic tree extends to a central word we use for how this is accomplished in us.

Ear comes from the Hebrew grain. When the grain opens, we Hear. Notice the added Hey. Once we Hear, we now have an open HearT God is one either side bringing our hearts to God.

Check Galatians 5

[SIZE=1.25em]4 [/SIZE]What I am saying is that as long as an heir is underage, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. [SIZE=.75em]2 [/SIZE]The heir is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. [SIZE=.75em]3 [/SIZE]So also, when we were underage, we were in slavery under the elemental spiritual forces[SIZE=.65em][a][/SIZE]of the world. [SIZE=.75em]4 [/SIZE]But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, [SIZE=.75em]5 [/SIZE]to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.[SIZE=.65em][b][/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba,[SIZE=.65em][c][/SIZE]Father.” [SIZE=.75em]7 [/SIZE]So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.

Abba is AB in Hebrew. The word Father is Aleph (Strength) Bet (House). The Strong House is Aleph Bet, or Alphabet. His Word is Jesus, the Son. Son is Bet (House) Nun (Seed). The House of Seed is written with God's word (DNA).

Amazing!

Galatians 3

[SIZE=.75em]23 [/SIZE]Before the coming of this faith,[SIZE=.65em][j][/SIZE] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. [SIZE=.75em]24 [/SIZE]So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. [SIZE=.75em]25 [/SIZE]Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

The Guardian

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
renewedfaith1964: Does Jesus scare anybody? I have to be honest, he has always kinda scared me.

We're supposed to fear God, unless we're real dense, or something.
As a matter of fact, we're totally clueless ... have no understanding of the Bible ... if we don't fear God.

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

The fear of God is a wonderful thing, helps keep us on the right track.

It doesn't mean that we love God any less.

It means that we really believe in God and understand His Word and realize that we're in the middle of spiritual warfare that has eternal consequences.

It's a commandment to fear God?

Lev 25:17 Ye shall not therefore oppress one another; but thou shalt fear thy God: for I am the LORD your God.
SelectThis: I am giving you the process.
Oh no you're not!
You're giving us a bunch of unscriptural nonsense.

Salvation isn't a process;

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

It's just that simple ... just believe ... no works ... no process.

After we're saved, we must serve the Lord and keep His commandments.
That's to be expected ... He's God ... we do what God says to do.

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
IBeMe said:
We're supposed to fear God, unless we're real dense, or something.
As a matter of fact, we're totally clueless ... have no understanding of the Bible ... if we don't fear God.

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

The fear of God is a wonderful thing, helps keep us on the right track.

It doesn't mean that we love God any less.

It means that we really believe in God and understand His Word and realize that we're in the middle of spiritual warfare that has eternal consequences.

It's a commandment to fear God?

Lev 25:17 Ye shall not therefore oppress one another; but thou shalt fear thy God: for I am the LORD your God.

Oh no you're not!

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

You must be born of Spirit. Water comes first and this is baptism. You must be born again. Resurrection is the same as what Paul refers to in Acts 24:

15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

Where was Paul here? He was in front of Felix as a Pharisee. The Pharisees believed in the Resurrection of the dead. The Sadducees did not. They had Paul in front of a Roman governor with this accusation.

Until you tell us why the wicked are resurrected, then you have a contradiction. All contradictions can be resolved and most of the paradox we face in the Bible is because of the misunderstanding we have of Baptism. You have been born again.

Here is the resolution in Revelation 1.

Revelation 1

“Look, he is coming with the clouds,”[b]
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”[c]

So shall it be! Amen.

Even those who pierced Christ will be there to see him return. How is this possible? Clinging to the wrong theology, you have contradiction here. Clinging to the truth, you know what Christ meant about being born again. God is long-suffering with us.

Again, you have another contradiction here in John 2 if you hold the wrong theology.

John 2

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name.[d] 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

He would NOT entrust Himself (bind) to them. Why? The process ends with the raising of the temple to God. Who is the Body (Temple) of Christ. THE CHURCH! You are the body. Have three days past yet (a day is 1000 years)? Has the Day of the Lord happened yet? No. Then you have a pile of contradiction. If you see baptism as the immersion of the soul into the waters of life, you have the complete story with no contradiction. We are here for the entire story, not simply 70 years; 80 if we are lucky. Remember, Solomon did not know his redeemer. Who did knew?

Job 19

I know that my redeemer[c] lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.[d]

26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet[e] in[f] my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

28 “If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,[g]

29 you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.[h]”

At the end of the book of Job, God did not require a sacrifice to be made for Job. Why? He knew his redeemer. Not only did he know him, he identified him as Adam. The root of the trouble lies in him, but don't hound him about it at the end. Why. Do not judge or you will be judged. Why? You and the Son of God are in the water together until God is finished with the week and we reach the Day of the Lord. We are not there yet. Why? We are waiting, just as Hebrews 9:28 states.

Who is the Redeemer?

1 Corinthians 15

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45
So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]
; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

Who are we as the body that has not risen yet? Remember, Jesus said that he would raise the temple again in three days if they destroyed it. How many has it been 2000 years later? 2. How many left for 1000 years day of rest? 1. Only the righteous are raised on the last day. Raised to what?

Isaiah 26

But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Go back to Job 19. Didn't he say HE would see His Redeemer with his own eyes and not another? How? Baptism. You must be born again. All seven billion are here, both the righteous and wicked. How are the wicked raised? With imperishable bodies? You must be born again. Baptism is the key. The wicked must be here in the Sea (Nations) to be judged first. The enemy must be made the footsool first (1 Cor. 15).

How about Job 2.

3 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”
4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied.

What does a snake do? Shed s a skin, but is still the same snake. He knew Job's children would be back. Were they? So are you. Christ must be fully man with all that this implies. You are the body. He is the head and has already risen. Where does that leave you?

Argue it, but you will be left with contradiction that is not resolved. Know the truth.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly? Well, to tell the truth: I have very little sympathy for people who
prefer to commiserate with like sufferers rather than seek a remedy for their
condition.

That said; I think it's essential to point out that two of the elements of the
fruit of the Spirit are peace and love. (Gal 5:22). So then, being a Bible
believer; I'm pretty much obligated to conclude that people afraid of Jesus
are barren; viz: they have somehow missed out on the fruit of the Spirit, and
for someone who's been a "Christian" for 30 years; that speaks volumes.

†. Rom 8:11 . . If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living
in you, then He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your
mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.

For a number of years I was under the assumption that verse spoke of the
future resurrection of all believers; but no, it is speaking of the fruit of the
Spirit. In other words; it isn't necessary to wait till one is dead to benefit
from the fruit. It can be had right now; in this life as well as the next.

Well; here again, being a Bible believer; I am pretty much obligated to
conclude that someone who has been a "Christian" for 30 years and still
fears Christ; doesn't have the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead
living in them; and that is serious: very serious beyond words.

†. Rom 8:9 . . If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not
belong to Christ.

I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.

BTW: isn't this topic a bit redundant seeing as how it's also on the General
Christian Forum?

Buen Camino
/

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
IBeMe said:
Oh no you're not!

Baptism is your immersion into the waters of life. You are the body of Christ. He is the head above. Until he comes for us, we are here. Did he come yet?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did scare me when I first heard people talking about Him - due to the fact that He challenges social norms, He often causes discomfort in people who are trying to surround themselves with possessions and power in order to feel secure. Once you realize that He is the only water that quenches our thirst of separation from God, everything makes sense. His ministry focused on pantzing narcissists and clothing the poor in spirit - and religion attracts many narcissists.