Does this apply to you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
Isaiah 43:1-2

Do you believe the Lord? Has he spoken a thing and not done it? Will you trust Him as the world falls apart around you? He's promised that you will not be tempted beyond your ability to bear it. Do you believe Him?
This isn't a head count, just some questions worth asking, given the signs of the times.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are Mine.

Do you believe the Lord? Has he spoken a thing and not done it? Will you trust Him as the world falls apart around you? He's promised that you will not be tempted beyond your ability to bear it. Do you believe Him?
This isn't a head count, just some questions worth asking, given the signs of the times.

Yep, works for me!

For;
2 Corinthians 1:20 (NASB)
For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us.

Me likes this verse. :)

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Reactions: michaelvpardo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You are Mine.

@michaelvpardo
Wonderful passage in Isaiah! there is so much in that book of the Bible to encourage the pilgrim believer! :)

It goes to show that salvation ought not to be regarded as some vague, collective thing but very much an individual thing, indeed, right?

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are Mine.

Yes, I believe it, definitely.

Along with keeping the Faith, is a feeling of inner peace, even through hard times and trials.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are Mine.
It seems to me that there are THREE eras:

1. The OT where we didn't have the Holy Spirit indwelling in us.
2. The NT when Jesus was on earth.
3. The NT after Jesus ascended.​

So where we're presently in the third era, we have unique guidance for our protection:

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

And so I propose that regarding our "protections", the first thing WE NEED TO DO is care for our OWN PROVISIONS and PROTECTION. Secondly, (and significantly SECONDLY), GOD will protect us AFTER we've done all we can for ourselves. And by "ourselves", we need to care PERSONALLY; for our FAMILY; and for our FELLOW MAN. To do less than this will in my estimation, be INSUFFICIENT. :)

... and we ARE in the TRIBULATION, so let's get busy!
Bobby Jo

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The world is changing quickly and it is stressful. I already know that I have given into despair in the past. I reached my breaking point and God snatched me up from destruction. So, I know I can’t rely on myself and expect to survive. I also know that God is in complete control. All I can do is weather the coming storm by loving God and others - I still have a lot of sanctification to go before I can love perfectly.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are Mine.

Yes. No. Yes. Yes.

This recalls to mind the next chapter also:

Isaiah 44
20 He feedeth on ashes: a deceived heart hath turned him aside, that he cannot deliver his soul, nor say, Is there not a lie in my right hand?
21 Remember these, O Jacob and Israel; for thou art my servant: I have formed thee; thou art my servant: O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten of me.
22 I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.
23 Sing, O ye heavens; for the Lord hath done it: shout, ye lower parts of the earth: break forth into singing, ye mountains, O forest, and every tree therein: for the Lord hath redeemed Jacob, and glorified himself in Israel.

Even in our lowest, God is still our Redeemer, and provider, and in Him we can rejoice!

Return unto Me, for I have redeemed you!

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that there are THREE eras:
... and we ARE in the TRIBULATION, so let's get busy!
Bobby Jo
Currently I'm trying to prepare for what comes after. Jesus could recreate the world on His return, make it entirely new again, but that's not what I see in scripture, at least nor for a thousand years. Life for the survivors, at least those in the "outer darkness" will be hard. The things that we might do for people occasionally now (as a ministry), will be a full time thing then.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. No. Yes. Yes.

Return unto Me, for I have redeemed you!

Much love!

We live in amazing times. I've never seen so many people so fearful of the future and for good reason. I love the word in the old English, from the King James version that I grew up with, "travail." It is the word describing the distress of this time, comparing it to the giving of birth. For ages the pregnant women of this wonderful world have labored in birth, working through the pain to bring forth new life and in the hope of providing something better than what was known. It's wonderful to be able to anticipate what's coming though the "labor" be frightful in it's intensity.

Reactions: Philip James

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are Mine.

I have recently left these boards but l was led back just to read. These words hit the nail on the head for where we are in time. I would urge all to take them seriously. For out of nowhere, it will begin! And for those that are truly His, you will not be touched, for you are sealed, sealed until the day of redemption.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We live in amazing times. I've never seen so many people so fearful of the future and for good reason. I love the word in the old English, from the King James version that I grew up with, "travail." It is the word describing the distress of this time, comparing it to the giving of birth. For ages the pregnant women of this wonderful world have labored in birth, working through the pain to bring forth new life and in the hope of providing something better than what was known. It's wonderful to be able to anticipate what's coming though the "labor" be frightful in it's intensity.
I think it's the rapture that the church looks forward to (1 Corinthians 11.26), rather than the great tribulation of Matthew 24, which does not seem to involve the church.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's the rapture that the church looks forward to (1 Corinthians 11.26), rather than the great tribulation of Matthew 24, which does not seem to involve the church.

Ah... it's better to have gone through a little trial instead of being found spiritually naked and in shame at having worshiped the wrong Messiah when our Lord Jesus does return.

Apostle Paul said in 2 Cor.11 he wants to present us to Christ as "a chaste virgin". And then he warned about being deceived by those preaching "another Jesus".

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 11:26 is about participation in communion until Christ's return. Nothing in scripture says that He's returning twice. The resurrection of the dead in Christ will happen first and then we who are alive in Christ shall be transformed into our incorruptible bodies and rise up to meet Him in the air so that we may return with Him completed. This should happen quickly after the death of the last two witnesses.

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”
14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”
So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Revelation 7:13-14

The cultic doctrine calls these "Revelation saints" to distinguish them from the Church, but this contradicts scripture and makes God out to be a liar.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1 Corinthians 11:26 is about participation in communion until Christ's return. Nothing in scripture says that He's returning twice. The resurrection of the dead in Christ will happen first and then we who are alive in Christ shall be transformed into our incorruptible bodies and rise up to meet Him in the air so that we may return with Him completed. This should happen quickly after the death of the last two witnesses.

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”
14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”
So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Revelation 7:13-14

The cultic doctrine calls these "Revelation saints" to distinguish them from the Church, but this contradicts scripture and makes God out to be a liar.
Clearly there are aspects / stages to the Lord's coming. Matthew 24 is about wrath and judgment on earth. 1 Cor. 11.26/John 14/1 Thess. 4 seem to relate to the church being caught up in the air. I personally wouldn't think it is helpful to lump all the stages / aspects all together.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly there are aspects / stages to the Lord's coming. Matthew 24 is about wrath and judgment on earth. 1 Cor. 11.26/John 14/1 Thess. 4 seem to relate to the church being caught up in the air. I personally wouldn't think it is helpful to lump all the stages / aspects all together.
The book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ covers the times of the great tribulation and the return of Christ. Its pretty specific on the sequence of events though admittedly it isn't strictly written in a chronological order from the beginning to the end, but goes back at times to look at specific events.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. Revelation 20:4-6

The cultists separate out the saints above as "tribulation saints" yet believe that they (those who hold to the cultic view) will live and reign with Christ for a thousand years. To get to that understanding from the book of Revelation you have to add to or delete from the book (this is not a good thing and comes with a curse.) I only hold to biblical doctrines and though the Lord has taught me some things about the millennial kingdom, they aren't for sharing or teaching, but for my understanding (it was necessary.)
1 Corinthians 11:26 is about the communion cup, not about any rapture. We are to continue in that practice until Christ returns (including through the tribulation.)
There's nothing in the 14th chapter of John about any rapture, but the word "mansions" would be more properly translated as "chambers" and is reminiscent of an old testament passage about the coming judgment.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 is about the return of Christ and the first resurrection (which happens first, but after all the saints are martyred in the great tribulation and after the testimony of the two last witnesses.)
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Verse 16 says that the dead in Christ will rise first (this describes the first resurrection). The phrase "by no means precede those who are asleep" is telling us that the first resurrection occurs before the rapture, not after it. Christ is returning once, not twice, and with all His saints, not just some of them.