Does your church teach this as commanded to do? Do you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If not, why not?

1 Timothy 4:10-11
English Standard Version
10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of ALL people, especially of those who believe.

11 Command and teach these things.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If not, why not?

1 Timothy 4:10-11
English Standard Version
10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of ALL people, especially of those who believe.

11 Command and teach these things.
My observation is that opinions on what constitutes godliness vary among Christians.

1Ti 4:6-8 If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed. (7) But reject profane and old wives' fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. (8) For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:26-29 KJV
26.Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
27 Labour not for the meat
which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29.Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that you believe on him whom he hath sent.

To many seek after signs, miracles and what material things or feelings they can get from God BUT do not believe on him and his works of salvation.  None are saved by any other means than through Jesus.
John 14:6/7
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Not to be done in lip service but by
Titus 3: 4/5: “But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of REGENERATION and the renewal of the Holy Spirit.”