Doing Wrong With Good Intentions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has doing something you know is wrong to do resulted in something truly good as a result that you intended all along.

There's a million ways this has been tried before....
IE causing some sort of catastrophe so that people will be more generous and kind?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny how the graphic shows an unpaved road...
4ee0322570a8d1c46976956e9e5e751d.jpg

Reactions: O'Darby

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has doing something you know is wrong to do resulted in something truly good as a result that you intended all along.

There's a million ways this has been tried before....
IE causing some sort of catastrophe so that people will be more generous and kind?
That is a Mormon teaching. When things go good people get complacent and prideful. And perhaps there's some truth to that. I do notice that people that have good lives without any sort of problems sometimes judge others by their measurement and often are harsh to people that don't live up to their lifestyle. They can be very self righteous. They can say, "those people could do the same as I do so I'm not helping them, they're just lazy". When all the while God has not blessed them and Satan curses them to not survive well.

I was Mormon for 10 years. There is the teachings from the book of Mormon:

…others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell (2 Nephi 28:20-21). What Does the Book of Mormon Say About Complacency?

How Satan Disguises Complacency as Contentment Without Us Realizing It

I think God renders judgment against the wicked. And that is about the end of it really. I don't think he punishes people for doing well on the earth. But I could be wrong. Look at Job.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDB

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doing Wrong With Good Intentions

IS what early Scripture REVEALED is the “CUNNING TRICKERY” instigated, promoted and approved BY that which is EVIL and WICKED.

Put a D before EVIL, and you find the source of Evilness.

Press your EAR to the MAN who instigates, promotes, approves and even may “reward” wrong doing, and you have found your source of Wickedness.

The Lord God….IS GOOD, IS RIGHTEOUS, IS HONORABLE….and unlimited in direction, in instruction, in good, upstanding, righteous, honorable solutions for a mans daily dilemma’s.

No DOUBT…centuries of men against men, has be, continues to be tribulations men have and shall continue to be subject to…threatening, disheartening, fearful, underhanded and oppressive…

Never forget… it’s TEMPORARY… The Lord Gods OFFERING according to His ORDER, His WAY….is PERMANENT.

Glory to God,
Taken

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a Mormon teaching. When things go good people get complacent and prideful. And perhaps there's some truth to that. I do notice that people that have good lives without any sort of problems sometimes judge others by their measurement and often are harsh to people that don't live up to their lifestyle. They can be very self righteous. They can say, "those people could do the same as I do so I'm not helping them, they're just lazy". When all the while God has not blessed them and Satan curses them to not survive well.

I was Mormon for 10 years. There is the teachings from the book of Mormon:

…others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell (2 Nephi 28:20-21). What Does the Book of Mormon Say About Complacency?

How Satan Disguises Complacency as Contentment Without Us Realizing It

I think God renders judgment against the wicked. And that is about the end of it really. I don't think he punishes people for doing well on the earth. But I could be wrong. Look at Job.
Job was a "special" case....and in the end Job ended up with more than he started with. Sure he went through some trials but he came out of it with more blessings.

And I'm not exactly sure if the story of Job isn't allegory to begin with. Sure the Characters and other elements in the story indicate the time period and give insights into many ideas about the time period in question... but it might have been allegorical in nature. And the author/stenographer is thought to be Moses...but we aren't positive about that detail either.

However the concept of doing evil/bad/wrong so something good can result is the whole concept of things like revenge, denying a person of something due to race or affiliation (envy), bankrupting another company because you then don't have to pay them rent, gossip, disparaging others(politics), cheating to make things "right", and a whole bunch of things.
It can be said that this was why Judas betrayed Jesus so that the earthly kingdom of God would be made manifest. Because God wouldn't allow his son to die or be harmed.

So....it's an often under discussed topic....unlike giving which seems to get a lot of the pulpit time. Just saying....

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job was a "special" case....and in the end Job ended up with more than he started with. Sure he went through some trials but he came out of it with more blessings.

And I'm not exactly sure if the story of Job isn't allegory to begin with. Sure the Characters and other elements in the story indicate the time period and give insights into many ideas about the time period in question... but it might have been allegorical in nature. And the author/stenographer is thought to be Moses...but we aren't positive about that detail either.

However the concept of doing evil/bad/wrong so something good can result is the whole concept of things like revenge, denying a person of something due to race or affiliation (envy), bankrupting another company because you then don't have to pay them rent, gossip, disparaging others(politics), cheating to make things "right", and a whole bunch of things.
It can be said that this was why Judas betrayed Jesus so that the earthly kingdom of God would be made manifest. Because God wouldn't allow his son to die or be harmed.

So....it's an often under discussed topic....unlike giving which seems to get a lot of the pulpit time. Just saying....
Well in the case of theft there is Robin Hood. Under oppressive governments perhaps good can look evil.