Don't Believe You Are Under The New Covenant Already? then You Are Not A Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be a true believer on Christ Jesus, The Gospel, that means understanding that He offered The New Covenant by His Blood shed upon the cross. It means by that belief, you are under The New Covenant today. It is already manifest by Christ's death on the cross.

Matt 26:26-28
26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; this is My body."
27 And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink ye all of it;

28 For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."
KJV

So IF... one does not believe that New Covenant ("testament") involving Christ's Blood shed upon His cross, then they have no remission of sins today.

It means for those who do not believe what Jesus said there, that our Lord Jesus' death and resurrection means nothing!

No, those in Christ Jesus today are ALREADY under that New Covenant He offered by His Blood. And we are to remember that by taking of that symbolic cup and the bread in holy communion. So those saying the New Covenant isn't in effect yet today are listening to doctrines of devils from the children of darkness.

Reactions: Enoch111

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of the "everlasting covenant" is, was, and always has been, about The Gospel of Jesus Christ. It involves the Promise by Faith which God first gave through Abraham 430 years before the law; in essence it is about God's Salvation Plan through His Son Jesus Christ The New Covenant:

Gen 17:5-7
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
KJV

Gal 3:6-9
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, "In thee shall all nations be blessed."
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
KJV

And God's Promise by Faith continued from Abraham to his son Isaac:

Gen 26:3-4
3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
KJV

That certainly was NOT about the old covenant law, nor the little nation state of Israel in the middle east today.

Gen 17:19
19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
KJV

That was not about the old covenant. It was about The Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is the Promise by Faith first given to Abraham. It continued to Isaac, then to Jacob, and then to a remnant of Israel that believed, all the way from Abraham. Thus the New Covenant Jesus Christ, The Gospel, was ALWAYS GIVEN FIRST, prior to the law. This is why The New Covenant (The Gospel) has always meant the "everlasting covenant" mentioned even back in the Old Testament Books! It is about God's Promise of Salvation to all... nations that believe on Jesus Christ.

Until God came in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth to die on the cross, a remnant of the seed of Israel had kept possession of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and then went to the nations after Christ was rejected by the majority of Jews at Jerusalem. The ten tribes were scattered among those nations and many of them accepted Christ Jesus along with Gentiles, and became Christ's Church. And thus the "everlasting covenant" (New Covenant) has been with Christ's Church ever since.

Jesus speaking to the blind Pharisees:

John 8:56-58
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?"
58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."
KJV

Abraham foresaw that day when Jesus would come. That means Abraham was familiar with The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Apostle Paul reveals this also, as in Hebrews 7 he shows that the Melchisedec who met Abraham and offered him bread and wine, was none other than our Lord Jesus Christ in the Old Testament times, before He was born of woman's womb.

In Hebrews 2:14-15, we are told the main purpose Jesus Christ was sent into this world was to defeat death and the devil for us. Jesus was ordained to come into this world to die on the cross before the foundation of the world (1 Peter 1:19-20). That is why even mention of the "everlasting covenant" in Genesis 9:16 is about The Gospel of Jesus Christ, i.e., God's Salvation Plan, promised to all living creatures.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To be a true believer on Christ Jesus, The Gospel, that means understanding that He offered The New Covenant by His Blood shed upon the cross

Just what is a 'true believer' is it only those theologically educated who can discuss the finer points of predestination etc
Or is it someone who lives for Jesus?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just what is a 'true believer'...
All those who have been born from above, born of the Spirit, born of God, born again, are children of God. They are true believers.

He came unto His own, and His own received him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:11-13)

The New Covenant went into effect on the day that Christ died and proclaimed victoriously: IT IS FINISHED. Fifty days later, the Holy Spirit was sent down to earth (the outpouring of the Holy Ghost) to be given as a gift to those who believe. That too was a promise under the New Covenant. Eternal life was promised under the New Covenant. The gift of Christ was promised under the New Covenant.

The Church (the Body of Christ) is under the New Covenant through the blood of Christ. Those who deny this teach heresy.

Reactions: Davy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just what is a 'true believer' is it only those theologically educated who can discuss the finer points of predestination etc
Or is it someone who lives for Jesus?

It's someone who actually believes... on Jesus Christ as God's Promised Saviour, by The New Covenant through His Blood shed upon the cross.

It's very simple, either one believes on Him or they don't.

And it's very easy to recognize the doubters today like these...

1. some don't believe Jesus of Nazareth is God come in the flesh.
2. some think the 'covenant' of Daniel 9 was about the covenant Jesus offered to the Jews, and that it ended with Christ's Ministry.
3. some believe Jesus was not just fully human, but that he married and had children (Gnostics).
etc.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All those who have been born from above, born of the Spirit, born of God, born again, are children of God. They are true believers.

He came unto His own, and His own received him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:11-13)

The New Covenant went into effect on the day that Christ died and proclaimed victoriously: IT IS FINISHED. Fifty days later, the Holy Spirit was sent down to earth (the outpouring of the Holy Ghost) to be given as a gift to those who believe. That too was a promise under the New Covenant. Eternal life was promised under the New Covenant. The gift of Christ was promised under the New Covenant.

The Church (the Body of Christ) is under the New Covenant through the blood of Christ. Those who deny this teach heresy.
Then what are you worrying about, they will be save.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then what are you worrying about, they will be save.

Point is, certain ones on this Forum have put up a thread called 'The New Covenant', and they are wrongly pushing the false idea that the old covenant given through Moses upon Sinai is the "everlasting covenant". Not only that, they are pushing the lie that the New Covenant is not in effect for Israel yet, nor is it with Christ's Church!

Heb 13:20
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, That great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
KJV

Matt 26:27-28
27 And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, 'Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
KJV