Doubt: Am I Really Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I interpret this as the woman making an offering to God, rather than the poor, and Jesus saying that an offering to God is accepted in the spirit it's offered just as much as an offering to the poor is accepted. It's like the difference between a monk and a charity worker. A monk devotes his life to quiet meditation and a charity worker devotes his life to the poor, but I think both are good, each in their own way.

From a certain perspective, I think that we want to help the most needy and deserving innocent victims of fate. But if we go judging everyone in need "oh, this one looks like a criminal; or that one's clothes look too nice; or that one looks like an alcoholic; or this one looks disturbed", then we've set an impossible standard. How high of a standard must we have on what qualifies a person to be a beggar? I can only conclude that what qualifies a person as someone in need, is that they tell you in one way or another (a signboard, a begging bowl) that they are in need, and we pass no judgement. Even if they are a drug addict, people don't become drug addicts because they are hedonistic pleasure seekers, but because life is too painful for them, they don't see any good in the world and want to numb it out. So perhaps giving someone a little light will be what they need to be saved.
Well to answer your first statement about the Monk and the Charity worker, the bible directs us to have charity not to isolate like a Monk. It is all throughout the bible, but perhaps most noticed in the sheep and goats, Isaiah and here:

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

To answer your second statement about the drug addicts. We have homeless shelters and they've even tried housing the homeless here. But the problem is the criminal and drug addict homeless destroy the places and make it impossible for people to do that. I say you deal with them if you think that way. I don't think that way. I try to help some of the homeless, but I live in a high crime area and know better than to approach the violent homeless. That and drugs make people insane and dangerous.

Reactions: Nancy

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, first they will depart and be punished, then be saved after.

Unbiblical nonsense. You cannot cite any scripture to substantiate this baloney.

Sin incurs a debt but not an eternal debt.

More sectarian speak.

You are delivered to tormentors until the debt is paid in full and no more because God is not a tyrant.

Oh, because you create your own God with a mind like yours…

Your type just speak your own words and interpretations with no scripture citations.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1stCenturyLady if you truly believe that being answered by the Lord is a gauge for salvation, the you should read this section of Isaiah. It really is the same as the sheep and goats:

Isaiah 58:7-12

7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh?

8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.

9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.' "If you take away the yoke from your midst, The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
devin, if I didn't do all those things, then my prayers would NOT be answered. But because my prayers are answered 100% of the time for the last 45 years, can you discern whether or not I keep those command of Jesus and Isaiah? Think...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
devin, if I didn't do all those things, then my prayers would NOT be answered. But because my prayers are answered 100% of the time for the last 45 years, can you discern whether or not I keep those command of Jesus and Isaiah? Think...
God is our judge. Why don't you ask him instead. I'm not your keeper. But I also don't boast in my salvation.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can sin as much as we want...God changes our “ wants”

You can also stick your hand in a fire as much as you want....I don’t want to...how about you?

We have the freedom to do as we please....that does NOT mean that we can sin and get away with it....that is an impossibility for the Believer...If one is NOT a Child Of God there is a possibility that you will not be Chastised for your sins....But Chastisement is guaranteed for those that He loves, I.e. his Children....The Key thing is to make sure that you are His Child....get that accomplished by simply Believing the Gospel Of 1 Cor 15: 1-4......Getting Chastised by God with the same loving intent of a loving Father is not fun....but it beats not being a Chastised Child That is Given Free - Run in this lifetime but winds up in Hell...
I agree with your understanding of our wants. We are dead to the old man of sin.

But don't you agree that there are those who learn that the gospel as believing WHO Jesus is, but don't experience the life changing event of being filled with the Spirit of Christ in their heart. To them Jesus is no more than their ticket to heaven to be used when the time comes, but until then they live their life believing that the blood of Jesus covers the sins they keep committing; sins that the Father can't see due to the blood covering?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is our judge. Why don't you ask him instead. I'm not your keeper. But I also don't boast in my salvation.
Why not? I didn't save myself, silly. Jesus is the Author and Finisher of my faith. I boast in the Lord, same as Paul did.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello brethren! If I may, I would like to open this new thread for those who experience doubt about their salvation, to test ones faith, and to ask questions, and to know the truth.
The Bible says we can know we have eternal life, so we can know we are saved. I just ask myself if I'm forgiven. If not then God let's me know why and I get it taken care of by asking Him to forgive me for whatever He lays on my heart. If we have a clear conscience of forgiveness then we're forgiven. That's what being saved is all about. Being fully forgiven and clean within.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess you are of the cult that despises Paul, huh?
I'm not even sure what you are trying to say, but I'm pretty sure it's uncalled for. We are to have love for one another. Perhaps you need to go back and re-read your bible. But that isn't love.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is how I see it.
I really stopped worrying about evangelizing. If I'm asked about anything then I give and honest answer and the best answer is always Jesus. I pretty much act as normal as possible without joining in on the sinning routines. John the baptist told them their Messiah was walking right in their midst and they didn't even know it. Being called to ministry is an upgrade in testimony of Christ.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Always Believing

So you two commit sin? That makes you a slave to sin. John 8:32-36. Don't you know that the next verse after 1 John 1:8 tells you how to become a Christian and a child of God? When you are cleansed of all unrighteousness in your heart, you don't sin any longer. You have the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38. You are born again of the seed of the Father and cannot sin. You don't have any desire to sin against the level of obedience the Spirit places into your conscience. Philippians 3:16 That is why: 1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. As you grow in the Lord and start to mature, the Spirit keeps upping the levels of obedience until you become perfect. That is His goal to finish your faith. From faith to faith. Romans 1:16-17 As you obey your conscience, God sees you as sinless. However, perfection is not yet until you are on the highest level of obedience. Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith. Stop being ignorant of the POWER of the gospel. Again, Romans 1:16-17

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not even sure what you are trying to say, but I'm pretty sure it's uncalled for. We are to have love for one another. Perhaps you need to go back and re-read your bible. But that isn't love.
You were teaching the opposite of Paul's teaching, so that makes me think of that cult that hates Paul, and believes only the four gospels.

Reactions: Gospel Believer

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Unbiblical nonsense. You cannot cite any scripture to substantiate this baloney.

More sectarian speak.

Oh, because you create your own God with a mind like yours…

Your type just speak your own words and interpretations with no scripture citations.
Why are you ignoring the one or two dozen Bible quotes I posted regarding this?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What teaching have I opposed?
Always Believing said:

I think this is a part of why we should not boast of having no sin.

Paul:
Romans 6:
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.
22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.

Romans 8:
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always Believing said:

I think this is a part of why we should not boast of having no sin.

Paul:
Romans 6:
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.
22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.

Romans 8:
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Paul often speaks hypothetically about being saved and free from sin. That does not mean it applies to everyone forever. There are other scriptures that teach that you can lose your salvation. It also teaches that when we lose our salvation to repent.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Which appears to be what you are doing with scripture.

Last edited: