Drag Queens and Black Face.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm surprised there is not a general groundswell of protest by all woman against drag queens who's behavior makes a mockery out of actual womanhood. At least the black community has the pride and gumption to condemn black face performances. What's wrong with the women of this culture? Why do so many not only not fail to call out such deviant behavior by drag queens, but actually seem to thoroughly enjoy being so grossly and un-flatteringly misrepresented? Is it because the media has told them to accept it, to not push back? That'd be my guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enoch111

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rich, I agree with you! for lack of a better word, it is interesting what people will stand up for and what they will tolerate.

A man no matter how much makeup or surgery will never be a woman and vice versa. I am truly sickened by the amount of so call "Christians" that attend events of drag queens and support sin in general.

America has become Sodom and Gomorrah and God will have wrath on America. I pray that He will have mercy on His sheep who will endure till He returns.

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rich, I agree with you! for lack of a better word, it is interesting what people will stand up for and what they will tolerate.

A man no matter how much makeup or surgery will never be a woman and vice versa. I am truly sickened by the amount of so call "Christians" that attend events of drag queens and support sin in general.

America has become Sodom and Gomorrah and God will have wrath on America. I pray that He will have mercy on His sheep who will endure till He returns.
Yes, America and much of the West has become Sodom and Gomorrah. Reminds me of a verse in Genesis;

Gen 6:5,

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.​

Every thought, only evil, all the time! Yikes! That doesn't sound good.

In the face of all the evil and God's eventual righteous judgement, I always take solace in Romans.

Rom 5:8-9,

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.​
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.​

There's also Thessalonians;

1 Thess 1:10,

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.​
If we accept the simplicity of these verses, I'd have to say we need not have fear or doubt regarding God's protection over His Sheep when the times of judgment begin. Also according to Thessalonians, Christians will be gathered together with Jesus before he actually touches down on this earth as God's perfect representative to unleash the judgment so long in coming (at least long in our human eyes). We'll be meeting him while he's still in the air!

1 Thess 4:16-17,

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:​
17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.​

That's being pretty saved from wrath in my book! I'm not worried about it as far as myself. My only concern is for those whom I love and are not born again and will thus have to endure the coming tribulation followed by the judgment. I wish they'd listen more! They could save themselves a lot of suffering.

Reactions: TheOneHeLoves

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm surprised there is not a general groundswell of protest by all woman against drag queens who's behavior makes a mockery out of actual womanhood.
You are absolutely right. There should have been a huge outcry against this whole trans movement. It is sicker than sick. Purely demonic.

Reactions: Jack and Rich R

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm surprised there is not a general groundswell of protest by all woman against drag queens who's behavior makes a mockery out of actual womanhood. At least the black community has the pride and gumption to condemn black face performances. What's wrong with the women of this culture? Why do so many not only not fail to call out such deviant behavior by drag queens, but actually seem to thoroughly enjoy being so grossly and un-flatteringly misrepresented? Is it because the media has told them to accept it, to not push back? That'd be my guess.
I think most people recognize the differnce between the two. Blackface was born out of and motivated by racism.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "black face"? Is it referring to my race?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.” Ezekiel 16:49

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "black face"? Is it referring to my race?
Black face is when white people paint their face black and mimicked black people in a rather unflattering way. It was not infrequently seen in mainstream entertained not that long ago. Today it has been called out for what it is and largely stopped.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Black face is when white people paint their face black and mimicked black people in a rather unflattering way. It was not infrequently seen in mainstream entertained not that long ago. Today it has been called out for what it is and largely stopped.
I think the media loves to stir up "racial" strife that doesn't even exist! "Divide and conquer" Would it upset whites if I painted my face white? lol

Reactions: Rich R

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think most people recognize the differnce between the two. Blackface was born out of and motivated by racism.
I see your point and I think it has some validity. However I'm not so sure about the motivation of those who did black face. Here's a list of old actors who did black face: Black Face Entertainers

I doubt all of them had a deep belief that whites were superior to blacks, which is an integral part of true racism. They just had "fun" at someone else's expense which I'd guess is the motivation of drag queens. But you may be right. It's hard to get into other people's head to see what motivates them.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches us that Satan rules the world. What I find troubling is the church doesn't stand up more than it does to protest things like the drag queens and the sexualization of children in our schools.

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches us that Satan rules the world. What I find troubling is the church doesn't stand up more than it does to protest things like the drag queens and the sexualization of children in our schools.
I agree. It is troubling that membership rolls appear to have taken preminance over true doctrine in too many churches. Paul lamented the same situation that had developed even before he died. Satan has updated his tool box with, "diversity, equity, and inclusion" (as though God hadn't thought of that from day one!), transgenderism, LGBTQIA+ (still no 'H' for the inclusion of heterosexuals), etc., but the attacks are just as real and just as devastating to society. Can't wait for Jesus to come back and set the record straight!

Reactions: Bob Estey