Dreamt I Could Dance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you a dancer or stander in Christ?

• Stander in Christ Church

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither, and I'm never going to church again to avoid this.

• Both, I'll just keep going from one to the other.

• I'm going to create my own church.

• Total voters

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
I had a dream last night that I was visiting some church that had a special dance anointing over it. Sure enough, during worship at the church, I started to break dance in the spirit (just a dream). However, as I got to know the church better, I began to realize a structure was being set up around this experience. The leader of the movement (some sort of "Master" of the dance I suppose) had the ability to decide which dances within the congregation were truly anointed by God. Of those that were, each type of dance meant something specific to that person's spiritual condition. The true and best dancers held the highest positions in the church

Those who didn't dance in church were assumed not to have the spirit of God in them and eventually there was a division in the church. My dream didn't get this far but I can only assume two new denominations arose and branched off. There would be the "Dancers in Christ" church and the "Standers in Christ" church. The dancers would eventually break off into other denominations based on the types of dances prevalent in their new churches due to their apostolic ministry of starting new dance movements. The standers mostly stayed the same and denied that there was ever such a thing as a dance anointing. Dancers were seen as sensual beings in the standers church and they began to perform exorcisms on those who were thought to be overcome by a "dancers" (Oh No!) spirit.

The moral of this story... I think must be that I have some strong suppressed desire or need to dance. Also, that it can be a temptation to create structure and doctrine out of experience, and the other side is to deny God's power altogether and lose out on a beneficial provision to the Body of Christ.

Either side can cause division and the body of Christ can lose it's most important witness in this separation.

John 13:34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
It is a form of praise unto God it started with African American (which I am) doing a ring dance during the slavery time period during their worship services. Then as the African American churches grew it became an estatic and Spirit led dance (we call it a "shout"). I have been in services where the Holy Spirit has hit so many people and they have broke out into a shout/ dnace and the praise filled the sanctuary. I myself I have and do when the Holy Spirit leads me to dance/shout. You go into another place where you are jsut prasing God with your feet. You can not express your praise with your lips so you praise him with your body expecially your feet! It is an experience that you should experience. I can not explain it in totality.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Our Churches in the area tend to go through phases. There was a lot of emphasis on Spiritual dancing a few years ago and the use of flags and banners... It was an awesome time and very anointed...:lol:

There are still a lot of Christians who worship in this way but I do not think they are categorized in any particular fashion. When the Holy Spirit touches them, they break out into dance... Spiritual songs... or songs in tongues...just beautiful!

Bless ya!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give me some mountain music, hillbillies, and a little clogging!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZtwKmmneJk