Drying Up Egypt

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daciple

Feb 20, 2020
Cincinnati
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read more at My Thread Daciple Ministries

Drying Up Egypt

I came before the Lord tonight in prayer, in honest prayer asking God to reveal to me where it is I stand before Him. I have had so many things go on in my life over the past few months, I have become incredibly worried as to where it is I stand before Him. The things going on in my life have been causing me grief and worry, heartache and burdens. I have been in the midst of Sin, a constant raging battle in my heart and mind. I have been deluged with terrible thoughts and all of it has brought me to my knees to cry out before the Righteous and Holy Lord and beg Him to reveal exactly where it is I stand with Him.

I prayed that He please in His Grace manifest Himself where I was, to show me where I stand because I can tell you with zero doubts that I do not want to be standing on the wrong side of God. I asked Him if He could please as He manifested Himself in my presence to do one of two things, either bring the full weight of Conviction upon, to make Hell seem real, to bring a burden on me I have never felt before, if it is that I am not in Right Standing with Him. Either that or as He began to manifest Himself to me, to bring Peace, Love, to lift the burden I am carrying to wrap me up in His arms, to show me that I am indeed Right before Him.

And I say Right before Him, not because of anything I have ever done, but because of His Grace and Mercy that was seen as He shed His Blood upon the Cross. If I am Right before Him it is because of belief in Him, what He has done on the Cross and because He Resurrected from the Grave. So as I prayed and waited I didn't feel any type of Conviction at all, I didn't feel any greater burden, I didn't feel any fear, what I did feel was that Jesus was coming and sitting beside me and He began to speak to me in my heart of hearts.

If I sat down beside you, what do you think I would do? How do you think I would act? And I know what would happen if Jesus literally manifested in my room and sat down beside me. He wouldn't begin to berate me, He wouldn't chastise me, He wouldn't bring terror into my heart, no instead He would put His arm around me as I sat there crying. He would pull me in close, put His head on my shoulder, He would pour Love into me and He would begin to comfort me in my distress. Then He would start talking to me, lifting my head and giving me some understanding as to what was going on in my life, to give me strength and wisdom to endure what I am facing.

And that is exactly what He did, He sat down beside me and I could feel in my Spirit, in my Soul the manifestation of His Love and Grace and Mercy. I began to feel a sense of Peace, and even some Joy which has been eluding me as of late. And then when He allowed me to feel that Peace, to assure me that I am in Right Standing with Him, not because of me but because of Faith in Him, He began to speak to me, and what He spoke to me I would like to share with you.

I want to share this because I believe there are other people out here that are in a similar situation. Not only that I believe that there are people who are about to face a similar situation, and if not that then you have already came thru on the other side and what I write you will quickly be able to identify that yes that happened to me as well. I believe every person that lays eyes on this, you are going to be in one of these categories. I don't believe that God allows us to go thru things for no purpose or reason, there is a reason and purpose behind everything we face and it is up to us to reach out to God to find meaning in these times.

As soon as God began to speak to my heart, I immediately heard Isaiah 19, turn there and I will show you what is going on in your life and we will read it together, so I picked up my Bible and turned to that chapter. If you are following along, I strongly recommend that you turn to that chapter in your Bible and read it before going further because I am going to go over the entire chapter almost verse by verse, but at first I picked it up and read it, and it didn't seem to make much sense, but God went back and lead me thru it and that is what I would like to do with you today.

The first verse starts with, the burden of Egypt and when I first read it all I just couldn't understand why God would be leading me to read about Egypt. Egypt isn't a Good Place in Scripture so how is this chapter ever going to relate to me, or what I am going thru in a Positive Way. I was even wondering is God trying to show me that I am not in a Right Standing with Him? Am I Lost in Egypt? Here I feel this sense of Peace and Love, but then I'm being told in Scripture I am Egypt? So I stopped, prayed again and God spoke and lead me thru the chapter again and gave me an understanding completely different than what I originally thought on the first and surface reading.

There are some who want to take this as literal, and I am sure in some peoples mind they believe this chapter is about the End Times, and that is fine and dandy IDC what you believe in that aspect but I am telling you that this chapter has a significant Spiritual meaning and there is no need for us to wait till the End of Time for it to be fulfilled in your life and my life, it is and can be fulfilled now.

I began to think and dwell on Egypt and ask what is the overall meaning of Egypt in relation to what it is you are wanting to reveal to me in this Chapter God, and He turned my mind to what it is that Egypt represents in the Word of God. Egypt is almost always related as a Symbol of the World. Israel being in bondage for 490 years then coming out of Egypt and going into Canaan, the Promised Land is representative of us as people being enslaved in the Word and in Sin and being set free by Christ in Salvation and going into Heaven or the Kingdom of God. And God revealed that it is in that context of Egypt being the World, Sin and my Flesh is how He wanted me to read and understand this Chapter. So keep this in mind as we begin to read thru it, Egypt represents the World, Sin and your Flesh.

Is 19:1 The burden of Egypt. Behold, the Lord rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.

As I went back and read this for the second time, with that mindset, God began to reveal what He was doing in my life, and I believe as I stated originally, He either is going to, He is or He has been doing this in others who read this lives as well. I hope that God can give you some perspective about your situation as He has me thru these Scriptures. What God showed me is that there is a point and purpose to what I am going thru, and the first thing we see is that God came into Egypt. God came into Egypt for a point and a purpose and when He came into Egypt things began to take place, when God begins to come into your life, He is doing it for a point and a purpose and things are going to begin to take place.

God showed me that the things I am going thru is because God is showing up to deal with my Flesh, with my Sin and with the World around me and the influence I’ve let it have on me. When God showed up in verse 1 it caused the idols in Egypt to be moved and the heart of Egypt to be melted. What do you think the trial and tribulation your facing, with God showing up, is supposed to be doing in your life right now?

I can tell you it is to move the idols out of your life and to cause your Flesh to start melting or dying before the Presence of the Lord. I looked up the Hebrew Word for melt, and it means to dissolve. It is also translated as waste away, completely lose heart, and worthless. God is telling us that what we are going thru right now or will be or just have gone thru, the purpose of it is to cause our Flesh to become worthless, to make it lose heart, to force it to waste away.

I don't know about any of you, but I can say that my Flesh has been a roaring monster, it is always fighting against me, it is always trying to be strong and lead me the wrong way, it always has a massive grip on my thoughts, feelings, actions and my Faith. Even tho what I am facing right now is not fun, what a different perspective it is to know that it's because God is showing up to cause my Flesh to dissolve it's grip on me, to cause my Flesh to begin to lose heart in it's fight against me and the Spirit, to cause it to become worthless in it's mission to stop me from following God and His Will. I don't know about anyone else but that excites me, it turns the hardship of what I am going thru into a reason to rejoice!!!

--------------------------------------------Continued Below-----------------------------------------

Daciple

Feb 20, 2020
Cincinnati
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is 19:2 And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.
3 And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof:

In these verses I can see very clearly how my Flesh and Mind and the Sin I have found myself in are acting. My Flesh and Mind are in a constant war within themselves, my Flesh desiring to Sin, my Mind trying to tell me all sorts of negative things, my fight to get them to stop and failing at it, it is a warfare, I wonder who can relate?

But God showed me that He is the one that set that aspect in motion, He has shown up, He has done this for a point and a purpose and that is to cause My Flesh and my Mind to lose their Spirit, to finally give up and fail. And I can see that working out now, that I have been in this cycle of temptation and sometimes falling into Sin by my Flesh, and then my mind tearing me apart for it, and watched it go round and round until it has driven the Spirit of my Flesh to begin to fail causing me to turn from my Flesh and this merry go round and call out to the Lord to overcome and defeat it all.

And God has answered and said, I will cause the counsel, the thoughts, the path of what your Flesh wants to do, to fail, I am going to destroy its mission. Amen that is Good News!!

Is 19:5 And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
6 And they shall turn the rivers far away; and the brooks of defence shall be emptied and dried up: the reeds and flags shall wither.
7 The paper reeds by the brooks, by the mouth of the brooks, and every thing sown by the brooks, shall wither, be driven away, and be no more.

As I read this I had my mind turned to what I have learned about the real world Egypt, the Nile River, that it is the life of Egypt. And when God placed that on my heart He revealed to me what these verses mean to my life now. Just as if God were to dry up the literal waters in Egypt how it would cause Egypt to begin to die, the fruits, and all that need to survive from the waters, so to is it the same with God drying up the waters to my Fleshly Egypt to cause it to die.

What I am going thru is for a point and a purpose and God is cutting off the water that brings life to my Flesh. The defenses that my Flesh throws up to protect itself, to keep it alive and constantly attacking me and the will of God, He is drying that up as well. God is using these situations to kill off and destroy all the Fruits of my Flesh.

It hasnt been a pleasant experience, it hurts to have the things my Flesh needs to survive begin to be cut off, but when I start to see what the point and the purpose of these things are, I see that the pain is going to be worth it because it is leading to my Flesh drying up and it's defenses being moved away!!!

Is 19:8 The fishers also shall mourn, and all they that cast angle into the brooks shall lament, and they that spread nets upon the waters shall languish.
9 Moreover they that work in fine flax, and they that weave networks, shall be confounded.
10 And they shall be broken in the purposes thereof, all that make sluices and ponds for fish.

As I read back over these verses, I could see these fishermen casting out their nets and not being able to draw back anything of substance and what I began to see here is that these fishermen are those negative thoughts that have hounded me so much in my life and situation. These thoughts they cast out onto my Flesh, they derive their substance from the misdeeds and failures of my Flesh and they bring my mind into disarray, but God is choking out my Flesh, drying it up so that when my thoughts try and go fishing on that Flesh, they are not going to be able to pull back anything.

The purpose of those negative thoughts are to keep me in bondage to my Flesh, but the Word says here that God by drying up my Flesh is going to break the purpose of those negative thoughts. I am so looking forward to the end result of Gods Work in this area of my life!!!

Is 19:15 Neither shall there be any work for Egypt, which the head or tail, branch or rush, may do.

Amen, how glorious is that to hear!!! God is going to get us to a point where there will be no work for our Flesh to do any longer in our lives!!! This may only be fully completed once we move into Heaven but I am trusting that God is moving in my life in such a way to exceedingly decrease the ability for my Flesh to work any longer!!

Is 19:16 In that day shall Egypt be like unto women: and it shall be afraid and fear because of the shaking of the hand of the Lord of hosts, which he shaketh over it.
17 And the land of Judah shall be a terror unto Egypt, every one that maketh mention thereof shall be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the Lord of hosts, which he hath determined against it.

Here is where God really began to stir my heart, where I could really feel the Spirit moving as He lead me thru these Scriptures. In that day, well what day is that? Is it some End Times day? Do we have to wait God knows how long for this to take place? No not at all, in that day is NOW. It was when God revealed this to me, THAT was the day, for you when you read it, if you hadn't already understood what was going on, guess what TODAY is THAT DAY!!!

What is God telling us in these verses? In that day, when God had cut off the supply of water or the things in our lives that are feeding our Flesh, when He dries it up so that it has no power, so that it has become worthless, so that it dissolves out of your way, in THAT DAY, your Flesh will be going from the mighty powerful thing in your life to being weak and afraid just like the Women in Egypt. God is going to move so mightily in our lives over our Flesh that instead of it boasting and shouting in our ears, it is going to be scared to speak up because it knows the Power of the Lord is on it.

Is 19:19 In that day shall there be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the Lord.
20 And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the Lord because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.

In that day, which is today, right in the middle of our Flesh, God is building an Altar and that Altar where He is at, it is going to be a sign and a witness not only to our Flesh as to who is really in Power but to the rest of the World. This Altar will be set up to declare exactly who that Great Savior is that has Delivered us, and that is Jesus Christ!!!

Is 19:21 And the Lord shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the Lord in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the Lord, and perform it.
22 And the Lord shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the Lord, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them.

In that day, which is TODAY, it says our Flesh is going to vow a vow unto the Lord and not only vow it, it is going to perform it!!! Praise the Lord, it is amazing to know that God is going to bring our Flesh into Subjection so that it can stop warring so powerfully against us and that He is going to bring it into Submission so that it can begin to perform the things which He would will it to do, all for His Glory!!!

God smites our Flesh, and in the middle of the smiting it is sure to hurt, it is sure to be painful but thank God it's not just to leave us there, but He smites AND He heals, all for the purpose of causing us, and our Flesh to return back to Him where we shall be intreated and He shall be intreated by us!!

I am thankful today for Salvation, to know that God is working in my favor for a point and a purpose, to destroy the thing that is my biggest enemy and that is my own self, my own Flesh and my own mind. I am praising Him right now for what is surely to come, when I know my Flesh is under His subjection for His Glory and my Good!!!

I am thankful for God showing this to me today thru His Holy and Precious Word, it has made the trials much easier to endure, when I can have some clarity and see a finish line and the prize that awaits me!!! I am excited to reach that goal and I hope you are too, because that is an exciting and wonderful place that we will be in and at!!!

I love you all, have a great day and blessed day in the Lord! If you need prayer or anything else please feel free to reach out to me and I will help you the best I can and if I can't help I know one man that can, this man named Jesus!

Disciples

Are
Continually
Influencing
Peoples
Living
Existence

Gal 5: 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

https://daciple.wixsite.com/dacipleinc/post/drying-up-egypt

Read more at my website : https://daciple.wixsite.com/dacipleinc