Dutch globalists closing farms, killing livestock to reduce the nitrogen emissions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually lived in North Syracuse, but worked for Goldberg's Furniture Store. I handled all the warehouse floor settings for the downtown store ....My Mom was the bookkeeper for the North Syracuse store. I remember sitting on the roof during the spring and summer during lunch and watching the secretaries going to lunch. i was amazed that they took off their heels and wore tennis shoes. I would leave for lunch, go through the Woolworth's across the street, go out the back turn and go into a Deli for a sandwhich. Italian Deli's were amazing to me.

The guy I knew was a friend. When I learned he was restoring a carriage house, I offered to help. We tore down a old barn to get the wood needed to restore the house. It was a hobby that turned into a respected project .....

Not a fan of the winter's, loved the spring and summer ....

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually lived in North Syracuse, but worked for Goldberg's Furniture Store. I handled all the warehouse floor settings for the downtown store ....My Mom was the bookkeeper for the North Syracuse store. I remember sitting on the roof during the spring and summer during lunch and watching the secretaries going to lunch. i was amazed that they took off their heels and wore tennis shoes. I would leave for lunch, go through the Woolworth's across the street, go out the back turn and go into a Deli for a sandwhich. Italian Deli's were amazing to me.

The guy I knew was a friend. When I learned he was restoring a carriage house, I offered to help. We tore down a old barn to get the wood needed to restore the house. It was a hobby that turned into a respected project .....

Not a fan of the winter's, loved the spring and summer ....
Lol, Yes I can see it, lot's of woman I worked with over the decades did this. Some would just have a small snack a few times throughout the day and on lunch, they "fast walked" lol...I'm sure it's affective but sure does look silly, lol.

Oh I LOVED Woolworth's as a child! It was quite the treat for us to have a sundae from there, loved the balloons with the prizes written on a piece of paper, and we would throw a dart to see if we won something from the ice cream parlor. Oh the innocent memories! Won't find anything like those places now.
Buffalo is lousy with Italian delis. Not to mention a few good Italian restaurants. Big Italian culture in part of the West Side of Buffalo, Polish on the East side, Irish on the South side, where I live now. So, it's a bar and or a Catholic church on every other corner haha!

I once lived in front of an old carriage house on Linwood Ave. It was gorgeous!
There were awesome houses there as well on many of the West Side streets. My apartment living were inside these beautiful Victorian houses. Right now, this day and age, I do not think I could even afford them anymore! The rent's for these places is almost three times my mortgage! Yikes. God say's to be content where ever we find ourselves and I get it. But, I sure do miss the West Side if living in the City itself, or my true preference would to be back out in West Falls, Colden area. Nothing beat my 5 years out there!

And yes, the winters are getting old, and so am !! :cold:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Born in 1959, lived in Buffalo NY (Tonawanda) on corner of Glenalby and Fries Rd and then in Williamsville from about 1963 to 1975. I know all about lake effect snow blizzards. And it was cold at night even in July at times. Went to see fireworks and once had to wear a winter coat. 4 feet or more could be expected at times in the winter. Was in a Woolworths many times with mom. Streets were snow plowed all the time and they would always pile up in front of the driveway. You had to own a snowblower if you wanted to clear your driveway. Went to Green Acres Elementary School and Mills Middle school, was there till the 8th grade. Mills Middle school had a large school pool, and all us boys swam naked, that was school policy back then. But the girls were given wool suits. Some people today do not believe that, but it was real back then, naked swimming at school. Was part of the culture of the times. And sometimes women PE teachers subbed for the men, all the adults wore suits. And at the end of the pool going into the hall was massive wall of glass windows, anyone wanting to see could walk right down that hall.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We had like a month of snow days in the school schedule every winter, and almost never got to use one of them. They plow and salt all night long. Sometimes it is too cold for the salt to melt the ice off the road. Moved down to Fairfax in VA (specifically Anandale), and snow flurries could get school canceled. No one knew how to drive in the snow like up in Buffalo. We went to Lake Braddock HS.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Born in 1959, lived in Buffalo NY (Tonawanda) on corner of Glenalby and Fries Rd and then in Williamsville from about 1963 to 1975. I know all about lake effect snow blizzards. And it was cold at night even in July at times. Went to see fireworks and once had to wear a winter coat. 4 feet or more could be expected at times in the winter. Was in a Woolworths many times with mom. Streets were snow plowed all the time and they would always pile up in front of the driveway. You had to own a snowblower if you wanted to clear your driveway. Went to Green Acres Elementary School and Mills Middle school, was there till the 8th grade. Mills Middle school had a large school pool, and all us boys swam naked, that was school policy back then. But the girls were given wool suits. Some people today do not believe that, but it was real back then, naked swimming at school. Was part of the culture of the times. And sometimes women PE teachers subbed for the men, all the adults wore suits. And at the end of the pool going into the hall was massive wall of glass windows, anyone wanting to see could walk right down that hall.
Sure enough, it was common across the USA back in the 60's 70's and earlier.

There is also a youtube video on what happened back then, boys swimming naked at school.

There must be some older folk you know, see what they say.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The coldest I ever experienced was in Wyoming. I got talked into going duck hunting. We arrived at the duck blind while it was still dark. Lifted the covers ...I refused to go in ....Burial vault. Got talked into going down. Coleman heater on one end and one on the other. One in the middle. We cranked them to the higest output. Covers glowed red ....Ducks smarter than we were. They sat around the island and never flew .....At 11 AM we packed up and left ....We listened to the radio on the way home. Wyoming 25 degrees below zero. No wind chill.

I don't hunt ducks anymore ....

Took a hot shower and ran all of the hot water out. Dover into bed and under the covers .....Could not get warm. We found out later that duck hunters froze to death from Montana to Texas ....Years later I sent an engineer to Dead Horse, Alaska ...... 45 below. They could only work outside for 15 minutes at a time. We compared notes on cold....Two weeks later, I sent him to Egypt ......

• Wow