Each of us as we get older generally answer this crucial question:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why didn't you simply say that when I asked twice? So now that we agree that Jehovah is the God of truth, are you able to identify His people InVissy?
Yes.
But even Satan will agree that Jehovah is the God of Truth. So not all people who say so too are identifiable as being true, the way, and the life.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
But even Satan will agree that Jehovah is the God of Truth. So not all people who say so too are identifiable as being true, the way, and the life.

Excellent sir, we even agree on that as well. Why? Because satan is very deceptive, as is his followers. They can deceive an unprotected individual into believing they are people of Jehovah, so it is very important to accept the Bible's identification of His people. We have progressed to that point don't you think Invissy? Lets examine some passages which identify His people, we being in agreement that Jehovah is God is the most critical point there is in identifying the faith. Mat 4:10; 22:37. This may sound strange but with that one belief, you have narrowed it down to just a few out of the tens of thousands of faiths. After all, how many faiths worship and serve Jehovah exclusively as God, out of the many gods and lords available 1 Cor 8:5,6.

So now that we have the main identifier, what passage will narrow it down further sir?

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From the start I answered the OP by saying that God is Truth. Then you sent me the following replies...
Hi Invisibilis, I must ask as did Pilate, what is truth sir?

Which God is truth Invissy?

You certainly did answer my question of what is truth in #9, by saying God is truth. Perhaps you misread what I asked the second time Invissy, I asked which God was truth, do you see the relevance of the question sir?

Why didn't you simply say that when I asked twice? So now that we agree that Jehovah is the God of truth, are you able to identify His people InVissy?

Do you know why you felt you had to test me?

No sir, actually I am at a loss as to understanding this post. Why did you ask that Invissy?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the start I answered the OP by saying that God is Truth. Then you sent me the following replies...

So then, since we have agreed that Jehovah is that God of truth, then are you able to identify His people through Scripture?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whom will I worship?

Who or what have you chosen as your God?
Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 22:12-13
“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 22:12-13
“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Amen Thinkr, do you know who those passages are referring to sir? and why did you remove the word God after Lord at Rev 1:8?
Re 1:8 I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.ASV

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen Thinkr, do you know who those passages are referring to sir? and why did you remove the word God after Lord at Rev 1:8?
Re 1:8 I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.ASV
The subject matter of these texts is Jesus.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The subject matter of these texts is Jesus.

You understand it to be so sir, and looking at those verses exclusively I would agree with you, however the Alpha and Omega is a title that belongs exclusively to Jehovah, in all it's 3 occurrences.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You understand it to be so sir, and looking at those verses exclusively I would agree with you, however the Alpha and Omega is a title that belongs exclusively to Jehovah, in all it's 3 occurrences.
Isn't that interesting?....Jesus takes on the title of the Almighty!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Check post #30 Robert.

I see how you can understand that to be referring to Jesus, and like I pointed out one of those reasons is because your quoted Bible chose to leave God after Lord out. Altered Bibles sometimes do change meanings. Although these verses appear to indicate Jesus, in reality they are referring to Jehovah Quiet.
While many commentators apply Alpha and Omega both to God and to Christ, a more careful examination of its use restricts its application to Jehovah God. The first verse of Revelation shows that the revelation was given originally by God and through Jesus Christ, hence the one speaking (through an angelic representative) at times is God himself, and at other times it is Christ Jesus. (Re 22:8) Thus Revelation 1:8 (RS) says: “‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God [“Jehovah God,” NW], who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Although the preceding verse speaks of Christ Jesus, it is clear that in verse 8 the application of the title is to “the Almighty” God. In this regard Barnes’ Notes on the New Testament (1974) observes: “It cannot be absolutely certain that the writer meant to refer to the Lord Jesus specifically here . . . There is no real incongruity in supposing, also, that the writer here meant to refer to God as such.”
The title occurs again at Revelation 21:6, and the following verse identifies the speaker by saying: “Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” Inasmuch as Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons,” the speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.—Mt 25:40; compare Heb 2:10-12.
The final occurrence of the title is at Revelation 22:13, which states: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation; verses 8 and 9 show that the angel spoke to John, verse 16 obviously applies to Jesus, the first part of verse 17 is credited to “the spirit and the bride,” and the one speaking in the latter part of verse 20 is manifestly John himself. “The Alpha and the Omega” of verses 12-15, therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences: Jehovah God. The expression, “Look! I am coming quickly,” in verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment. (Compare Isa 26:21.) Malachi 3:1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Jehovah and his “messenger of the covenant.”

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see how you can understand that to be referring to Jesus, and like I pointed out one of those reasons is because your quoted Bible chose to leave God after Lord out. Altered Bibles sometimes do change meanings. Although these verses appear to indicate Jesus, in reality they are referring to Jehovah Quiet.
While many commentators apply Alpha and Omega both to God and to Christ, a more careful examination of its use restricts its application to Jehovah God. The first verse of Revelation shows that the revelation was given originally by God and through Jesus Christ, hence the one speaking (through an angelic representative) at times is God himself, and at other times it is Christ Jesus. (Re 22:8) Thus Revelation 1:8 (RS) says: “‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God [“Jehovah God,” NW], who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Although the preceding verse speaks of Christ Jesus, it is clear that in verse 8 the application of the title is to “the Almighty” God. In this regard Barnes’ Notes on the New Testament (1974) observes: “It cannot be absolutely certain that the writer meant to refer to the Lord Jesus specifically here . . . There is no real incongruity in supposing, also, that the writer here meant to refer to God as such.”
The title occurs again at Revelation 21:6, and the following verse identifies the speaker by saying: “Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” Inasmuch as Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons,” the speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.—Mt 25:40; compare Heb 2:10-12.
The final occurrence of the title is at Revelation 22:13, which states: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation; verses 8 and 9 show that the angel spoke to John, verse 16 obviously applies to Jesus, the first part of verse 17 is credited to “the spirit and the bride,” and the one speaking in the latter part of verse 20 is manifestly John himself. “The Alpha and the Omega” of verses 12-15, therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences: Jehovah God. The expression, “Look! I am coming quickly,” in verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment. (Compare Isa 26:21.) Malachi 3:1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Jehovah and his “messenger of the covenant.”
Sorry Robert, your fancy footwork is not persuasive!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Robert, your fancy footwork is not persuasive!

Nor is it intended to be Thinkr. I am simply a seed bearer, my seeds might not even be truth, you have to determine that for yourself sir. All faiths that claim to be Christian will agree on some things, and disagree on others, I gather this is one we will disagree on. Not a critical point, and time will reveal the truth of the matter, so I guess that concludes this topic.