Earth millions of years Old

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;50625)
Thats not even the question your post dosent even address the Point of what the problem is It is what you believe and understand about Gods Word not whether or not we should take it over scieince that obvious its why we do not believe in evolution. but to throw all science down the drain because one is wrong is folly.I can show one 2 Peter where he says there was three world ages I can show you hebrew that says the earth became void I can show you scripture that says he will make a third age (new heaven and eath)But it makes no difference one will still deny God said, it even though he did.Why? because one will choose to hear men over God because of what they have been told/taught by men. Science is only a second witrtness to what God said. my point was that men choose to hear men in spite of What God says and scientific evidence only backups his Words .
Kriss, there is no point in trying to reach them...it is tiresome, and we both know this. On another note, I wish people stop calling Evolution is science because it is not as I can only quote 1 scripture.I Timothy 6:20 - O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:Evolution is a religion as every man-made lie is a religion.(Wakka;50628)
NOT BECAUSE of what MEN TOLD ME. But because I read it in the Bible. Right now, MEN ARE TELLING ME TO BELIEVE IN AN OLD EARTH.
Wakka, this scripture is for you, treeoflife and every other people that needs life.Romans 8:6 - For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Wakka;50631)
I'm taking God's word as it is literally. Kriss, are you calling me a heathen?
No Wakka if you were taking Gods Word literly it clearly say there were three world ages period Im not calling you anything im saying you choose to follow mens teaching 5 But it is hid from them willing this thing, that heavens were before, and the earth of water was standing by water, by God's word [that heavens were first, and the earth of water and by water being, or standing, together by God's word]; Noahs flood did not affect the heavens and was never hid from anybody6 by which [things] that same world cleansed, then by water perished. 7 But the heavens that now be, and the earth, be kept by the same word, and be reserved to fire into the day of doom and perdition of wicked men. [Forsooth the heavens that now be, and the earth, by the same word put again, be kept to fire into the day of doom and perdition of unpious men.]

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(thesuperjag;50548)
I half-agree with this... And yes there are a minor confusion in it... Yes the account of Adam to Christ, yes that is true... But the thing is, I don't believe that Adam was the first man on Earth at all. There were people existed before Adam did. (Genesis 1:26-28) Adam existed on Genesis 2:7.Adam was just the "first" man for Christ to come through...not the "first" man on Earth though.
I can't believe I am reading this. Now you are sayin Adam was not the first man. This am afraid is where such ridiculous ideas of the 1000yrs leads. God clearly made it clear Adam was the first man to say he wasn't is to say the Bible is wrong.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(treeoflife;50633)
Kriss, the problem with that is I don't believe that the earth was created in six days because that is what men teach... I believe it because that is what the account in Genesis says. I can't stress it enough. Morning, and evening... the first day. Morning and evening... the second day.It's still there, right now. Regardless of what anyone is teaching, that is what God's Word says. Morning and evening... morning and evening... morning and evening... every single time a day is described... morning and evening is there. The only way a person can arrive at a 1,000 year date is by applying a verse which is obviously a metephore for how time is meaningless to God, being outside of time. Peter only repeated it because He was repeating what was in scripture.If I told you, "Remember, the Lord's righteousness is like a mighty mountain," do you suppose I am telling you the Lord's righteousness is literally a mountain? And that we should now say all mountains = God's righteousness? No. I am calling to rememberence a psalm which was a metephore then, and is a metephore still.With all do respect, you need to get off the "That's what men taught you" thing because that is simply not true. I believe what I read in God's Word, and take the days (which are morning and evening) literally just as intended.
Which subject are you debating the word literly says what it says men have decided it doesnt say what it says and you choose to believe what men say. As far as a thousand years being a day to God again that is exactly what God says it is men who say this is a mans day not God at best you have 50/50 chance of being right as I do So you need to get off saying God says its 6 literal days he doesnt specify men dobut when you take into account the other evidence that is the sun and moon didnt exist, time as the earth rotates around these planet couldnt have existed as there were not yet in place there was no man on earth to make a 24 hour period for and most importanly God does not take every 7th day of the week off to rest he takes every 7000th day off. all this taken into account I think the odds go down to 80/20 my favor but believe what you like this is an not a major issue except in understanding the plan of God So I done discussing this but that doesnt change God said what he says whether you believe him or men is your choice.5 But it is hid from them willing this thing, that heavens were before, and the earth of water was standing by water, by God's word [that heavens were first, and the earth of water and by water being, or standing, together by God's word]; Noahs flood did not affect the heavens and was never hid from anybody6 by which [things] that same world cleansed, then by water perished. 7 But the heavens that now be, and the earth, be kept by the same word, and be reserved to fire into the day of doom and perdition of wicked men. [Forsooth the heavens that now be, and the earth, by the same word put again, be kept to fire into the day of doom and perdition of unpious men.] 8 But, ye most dear, this one thing be not hid to you [be not unknown], that one day with God is as a thousand years, and a thousand years be as one day [and a thousand years as one day].

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Alistein;50638)
I can't believe I am reading this. Now you are sayin Adam was not the first man. This am afraid is where such ridiculous ideas of the 1000yrs leads. God clearly made it clear Adam was the first man to say he wasn't is to say the Bible is wrong.
No this is where you need to read the Word God created men on the sixth day the command was go forth a REPLENISH the earth. Who do you think he gave that command to ?? Adam is not mentioned until after he rested and then he is put in a special place who do you think Cain married?? I suppose you chose to believe the pagan concept written in hieroglyphs on Egyptian walls and sumarian tablets that he married his sister. That's what the church decided to go with. Who was Cain afraid of that would kill him??? Where did all the races come from. do you know ?God answers all these things for us have you ever been taught that the answers are there? Its a ashame men never taught these things, but instead choose to teach what the pagans taught. The God of the bible did not start the earth on a sin of incest. If one believes he did as the pagans wrote,thats one choice. But don't say that's Gods Word he never said that Cain married his sister Men did.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(thesuperjag;50636)
Kriss, there is no point in trying to reach them...it is tiresome, and we both know this. On another note, I wish people stop calling Evolution is science because it is not as I can only quote 1 scripture.I Timothy 6:20 - O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:Evolution is a religion as every man-made lie is a religion.Wakka, this scripture is for you, treeoflife and every other people that needs life.Romans 8:6 - For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Your right Jag but you and I know later in scripture there are other things that canot be understood without this knowledgeso I just felt obligated to keep trying to teach it so later things could be understood but you are right if Gods wants one to understand it he'll have to do the enlightning because Im done

Status
Not open for further replies.