Easter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Barney - you apparently DON'T care what Scripture says.

Scriptures DOESN'T tell us that Scripture is our SOLE rule of faith - but Barney Bright does.
Scripture tells us that Christs's Church is our earthly authority and we must submit to it (Matt. 16:18, 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23) - but Barney Bright doesn't think so.

You are one of those "Lone Ranger" believers who thanks that simply because he "professes" Christ according to his own terms, he can reject some of what Christ taught. You CAN'T.
You either accept ALL of what He taught - or you reject it.

The Bible NEVER condones "Lone Rangers" (1 Cor. 12).

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes I put what scripture shows me over what men say. The pharisees and saddusees were the religious authorities of Jesus days. I don't think listening to them over Jesus would have been a good idea. Jesus and the Apostles told us that when they left an apostasy would develope. That means in our day there would be the true church that belongs to Jesus and an apostate church which belongs to Satan. I am going by what scriptures show me. Which one of us do you think I believe is agreeing with what the true church says? I'm not a lone ranger, many others my spiritual brothers and sisters agree with me. The apostate church, that's the lone ranger cause it's without Christ. Jesus doesn't ignore scripture.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I put what scripture shows me over what men say. The pharisees and saddusees were the religious authorities of Jesus days. I don't think listening to them over Jesus would have been a good idea. Jesus and the Apostles told us that when they left and apostasy would develope. That means in our day there would be the true church that belongs to Jesus and an apostate chursh which belongs
Soooooooo, which one of the tens of thousands of perpetually splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach different doctrines yet ALL claim to have been "led" by the Holy Spirit is that ONE Church Jesus started??
OR - is it YOUR Lone Ranger system that is the ONE true Church??

As for listening to men - Jesus commanded His Church to TEACH ALLL NATIONS what He taught them (Matt. 28:19). We are SUPPOSED to listen to the teachers of His Church and not hide in a turtle shell like YOU do . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you said "pagan".
Wedding rings DID originate from pagan ceremonies.
Oh really? Prove it! This verse doesn't say "which" strength it is talking about either way. But whatever way it is talking about, they are the weaker vessel and your comments about wedding rings being pagan are false.
The mere fact that your KJV uses the term "vessel" shows that it is the BODY that is being spoken of.
A woman is weaker PHYSICALLY.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Didache Was not written in the first century.

It contains references to Gnostic Gospels and even old TV writings such as the Maccabees.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooooo, which one of the tens of thousands of perpetually splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach different doctrines yet ALL claim to have been "led" by the Holy Spirit is that ONE Church Jesus started??
OR - is it YOUR Lone Ranger system that is the ONE true Church??

As for listening to men - Jesus commanded His Church to TEACH ALLL NATIONS what He taught them (Matt. 28:19). We are SUPPOSED to listen to the teachers of His Church and not hide in a turtle shell like YOU do . . .

Jehovah witnesses do teach all nation's. They go door to door witnessing about the kingdom. In fact they are known worldwide for witnessing and teaching people of the nations about the kingdom Jesus is King of. You think the nation's listen, no they don't. There are those they find in the nations who listen. Those who don't, say the worst things about them just as the people did in Jesus day about him. We expect the world to not love us .If we were friends with the world we would be enemies of God. We listen to God by staying within his scripture not by ignoring it and listening to men instead.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 16
10 I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put sandals of fine leather on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments. 11 I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, 12 and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head.

So what is wrong with the wedding ring?

That was a practice in many pagan countries. But does that make it wrong?

My wife and I have worn ours 47 years.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah witnesses do teach all nation's. They go door to door witnessing about the kingdom. In fact they are known worldwide for witnessing and teaching people of the nations about the kingdom Jesus is King of. You think the nation's listen, no they don't. There are those they find in the nations who listen. Those who don't, say the worst things about them just as the people did in Jesus day about him. We expect the world to not love us .If we were friends with the world we would be enemies of God. We listen to God by staying within his scripture not by ignoring it and listening to men instead.

So do Mormons.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah's Witnesses weren't sent by Christ. They were sent by Charles Taze Russell after 1879.
Get your fact straight.

This STILL doesn't support your false "Lone Ranger" Christianity model.

Go to your bookshelf, dust off the Bible that's tucked away in the corner and turn to 1 Cor. 12. Read that entire chapter - THEN tell me that your Lone Ranger system is what Christ envisioned for His Body . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 16
10 I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put sandals of fine leather on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments. 11 I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, 12 and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head.

So what is wrong with the wedding ring?

That was a practice in many pagan countries. But does that make it wrong?

My wife and I have worn ours 47 years.
WHO said it was "wrong"??
I simply said that it had pagan ORIGINS - which it does, because some of you here have been whining about "pagan" origins surrounding Easter

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Didache Was not written in the first century.

It contains references to Gnostic Gospels and even old TV writings such as the Maccabees.
The Didache is absolutely a 1st century document.

As a matter of fact - the ONLY argument about that is WHEN it was written in that century. soe say as early as 50 AD, some say around 70 AD and other scholars say it was closer to 95 AD.

do your homework . . .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Didache is absolutely a 1st century document.

As a matter of fact - the ONLY argument about that is WHEN it was written in that century. soe say as early as 50 AD, some say around 70 AD and other scholars say it was closer to 95 AD.

do your homework . . .

And yet it cites Gnostic Gospels that were not written until the second and third centuries. Do your homework.

And the Maccabees. Never accepted by the Jews and only accepted by Catholics. Gnostic books.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference being Easter comes from pagan religions, rings do not.
Wedding rings are said to come from pagan marriage ceremonies in ancient Egypt.
What part of that is not a pagan religious ritual??

Sounds like your splitting hairs to justify your hypocrisy. . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet it cites Gnostic Gospels that were not written until the second and third centuries. Do your homework.

And the Maccabees. Never accepted by the Jews and only accepted by Catholics. Gnostic books.
There are said to have been updated versions of the Didache later on - but it was definitely a FIRST century document. Show me a reputable scholar who disagrees.

As for the Deuterocanonical Books - YOU LOSE this discussion because you base ALL of your arguments on emotion and hatred instead of documented evidence, and history. That's where I defeat you EVERY time.

Don't believe me?? Do your own research on the Rabbinical school at Jamnia, Rabbi Akiba and his false messiah Simon bar Kokhba. Another interesting thing you'll find about the 2nd Jewish Revolt is that most Jews and even pagans supported the Revolt. Christian Jews, however, did NOT because it would have been tantamount to rejecting Christ. The Revolt was centered around Akiba's false messiah Simon bar Kokhba.

Like it said - you Protestants hold to a POST-Christ, POST-Temple Canon of Scripture that was decided on by a FALSE prophet who endorsed a FALSE Messiah.

It stinks from the head to the tail . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What god is worship in the ancient wedding ceremony?
In the polytheistic world of Egyptian religion - I can only assume that it was Isis, who was the goddess of marriage, health and wisdom.