• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Specifically, the life is in the blood. Yes, we can say the blood is the life, but that's because the life is part of the blood or in the blood.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

The blood of animals has the same kind of life that human blood has. So the blood of animals could "atone" for humans in the way animals are like men. It could not fix other problems. The blood of Christ is a different kind of blood with a different kind of life.
Amen! Only Christ's blood could remove sin. For one to be symbolically covered by the blood (atonement) of animals, sin was only forgiven for one year, until the next Temple sacrifice.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Only Christ's blood could remove sin. For one to be symbolically covered by the blood (atonement) of animals, sin was only forgiven for one year, until the next Temple sacrifice.
Do remember now that he offered his blood to his disciples before he was crucified.

Reactions: amadeus

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said. And I'll say it again. Make sure you know what you are talking about before criticising someone's beliefs. SDAs do not teach that sinners cease to exist when Christ returns.
And I'll say it again:

READ THEIR OFFICIAL WORDS

Twice I posted from their own official sources. No matter how many times you want to "correct me" If you have a beef about those words, then take it with your denominational people who write that stuff. The only "beef" you have with me is that I used the words approved by Silver Springs.

They published it so deal with them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Reactions: BarneyFife

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I'll say it again:

Twice I posted from their own official sources. No matter how many times you want to "correct me" If you have a beef about those words, then take it with your denominational people who write that stuff. The only "beef" you have with me is that I used the words approved by Silver Springs.

They published it so deal with them.
I am x-sda. They most surely do teach that the unsaved sinner will be destroyed upon theday of Christ's Glorious return.
Even though I am not SDA any longer, because of their numerous false beliefs/teaching about the Law being applied to Christians, as being mandatory (a requirement) to keep verbatim, for salvation through Christ, I sincerely believe and shall always, that they do understand the simultaneous events of the Day of His return perfectly.
Unfortunately, the SDA haven't yet learned:
"No one single church has all of His truth, but all of the churches have some of His truth."- Earburner

Reactions: john t

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the SDA, as well as my own study of the Bible, on That Day there will be no one of the unsaved as "escapees", and most surely, no " future" second chances for any of them also.

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have misinterpreted your copy-and-paste blurbs

What I posted does not come close to the meaning of the word "blurb". You will do well to consult a dictionary before you use words you do not understand

What I posted was a full, in-context paragraph from the source with the URL indicating from where they came.

If you do not want to take the time or effort to tap on a link, then that is on you.

if you conclude that Adventists teach that the final destruction of the wicked occurs at the 2nd advent of Christ. And Adventists do not negate the doctrine of hellfire as you say; they simply teach it properly as taught in Scripture.

You are moving the goal posts here. I never mentioned anything of the sort.

I never claimed they don't teach annihilationism.

The double negative is grammatically a positive. Therefore, you just said that they do teach it.

Did I mention I've been an Adventist for 30 years of my adult life? Do you actually believe I don't know what they teach about end-time events? Really? You have to know it before you can join the church membership. <SNIP for childish ad hominem>. No promises. <SNIP for childish ad hominem>

It most certainly can.

perish
ἀπόληται (apolētai)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Middle - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's Greek 622: From apo and the base of olethros; to destroy fully, literally or figuratively.

It is always a good thing to leave Greek to those who have studied it, especially those who know the tense voice and mood of verbs. Also there is sometimes more than one meaning for a particular verb. Context often plays a big part in that, so one cannot say that the same verb means the same thing all through the NT

I know that you are attempting to defend the SDA church, plus Ellen and her theology. But since her theology is based upon her feelings and cataleptic states instead of learning the meaning of the Greek words, her theology (as well as the entire SDA church) is inconsistent and half baked.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should notice that after many of these events that you have spoken of, there is a resurrection and a Great White Throne Judgment that takes place.

And Revelation 20:10 most likely of all scriptures declares what it will be like for those who will be cast into the lake of fire.

Personally, I am not taking chances on whether my judgment will be less severe, in that I am merely annihilated rather than having to endure eternal torments.

I am putting my trust in Jesus Christ and what He did for me on the Cross.

As concerning my own fate therefore, it does not matter whether there is annihilation or eternal torments.

But as concerning the fate of those who do not receive Christ, I believe that it is more fruitful for them (as a deterrent) to understand that they will have eternal torments if they do not ever repent, than that they will sleep for ever. The latter, impaho, is a reward rather than a punishment. However the holy scripture is clear:

Mat 25:46, And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The nature of this punishment is that it is everlasting. And the nature of it can also be found in Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50. It is a furnace of fire where there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. The fire there is never quenched (Mark 9:42-50). And if the worm in that place doesn't die, what makes you think that you will?
The scriptures always make the distinction between the lost living forever under judgement, while the saved have eternal life now with Christ!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. Annihilationists have been making Jesus out to be a liar ever since they manufactured their lies. Mark 9 should be sufficient to refute those lies.
Satan gets tossed in to eternal lake of Fire, and the Antichrist and False prophet been roasting there past 1000 years still alive!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I posted does not come close to the meaning of the word "blurb". You will do well to consult a dictionary before you use words you do not understand
So I had the wrong word. I should probably be drawn and quartered for being human. I'm not going to look up every slang word I use to avoid one of your highly amusing "You will do well to" remarks. Any more than you're going to be bothered with proper spelling and punctuation.
What I posted was a full, in-context paragraph from the source with the URL indicating from where they came.
Congratulations
If you do not want to take the time or effort to tap on a link, then that is on you.
I have a 28-year-old hard-back copy of the entire thing in my bookshelf. I've read the official words many, many times.
The only "beef" you have with me is that I used the words approved by Silver Springs.
I don't care if you post the Eskimo alphabet. If you think Adventists believe that the wicked cease to exist at the parousia, you're simply incorrect.
You are moving the goal posts here. I never mentioned anything of the sort.
You said the wicked cease to exist or words to that effect What's the diff?
The double negative is grammatically a positive. Therefore, you just said that they do teach it.
I'm glad you finally caught up with that one.
It is always a good thing to leave Greek to those who have studied it, especially those who know the tense voice and mood of verbs.
Sorry, Your Highness.
Also there is sometimes more than one meaning for a particular verb. Context often plays a big part in that, so one cannot say that the same verb means the same thing all through the NT
This much I know but thanks, anyway.
I know that you are attempting to defend the SDA church, plus Ellen and her theology.
Here's where you're dead wrong. I couldn't care less what people initially think or have to say about what I believe. I'm a seed-sower. If the soil is good, God gives the increase. I'm not the Holy Spirit.

My interest in you at this point is largely in making observations about your capacity for pomposity. :D

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures always make the distinction between the lost living forever under judgement, while the saved have eternal life now with Christ!
The lost, the unsaved living forever??
By whose ability/power do you ascribe that to? Their own, or God's?
The judgment of Genesis 3:22 is very final, as to anyone having eternal existence, of any kind, apart from believing in Christ as the Messiah/Savior.
What or Who exactly did you think the Tree of Life is?

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have a 28-year-old hard-back copy of the entire thing in my bookshelf. I've read the official words many, many times.

It is in their official web site now. Too bad that you are unwilling to do a simple mouse tap to see it. That you may not remember what is in the 28 FBs is not my problem.

I stand amazed at the many insults you throw out at those who disagree with you. Do you do the same sort of insulting with other third graders?

I know that you are attempting to defend the SDA church, plus Ellen and her theology.
Here's where you're dead wrong. I couldn't care less what people initially think or have to say about what I believe. I'm a seed-sower. If the soil is good, God gives the increase. I'm not the Holy Spirit.

Actually, you are sowing tares, making people slaves to the stupid words and rules of Ellen; and vilifying those who refuse to tithe into her works-centered false salvation. IMO the SDA church is a cult. In your many insults and refusing to reasonably discuss facts you are doing a good job proving that I am correct.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care if you post the Eskimo alphabet. If you think Adventists believe that the wicked cease to exist at the parousia, you're simply incorrect.
Barney, It is apparent that you have not thoroughly digested the words of the KJV in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.
Please pay attention to the words "when" , written two times in those verses.
We are expecting the visible and audible return of Christ, in all His Glory, in flaming fire.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
IMO the SDA church is a cult.
In his book The Kingdom of the Cults, Walter Martin included the Seventh Day Adventist denomination. However the book puts that in an appendix, since the SDA church is a mixture of truth and error.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In his book The Kingdom of the Cults, Walter Martin included the Seventh Day Adventist denomination. However the book puts that in an appendix, since the SDA church is a mixture of truth and error.
Great book and he was spot on with every ism/cult in his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.