• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, but she DID prophesy that Great Britain would enter our Civil War on the side of the South. That proves her to be a false prophet, and according to the penalty listed in Deuteronomy, she should have been stones. False prophecy is the same as making God into a liar
ha well GB played both sides i guess? But def financed the Confederacy...so im not getting you i guess
the Rothschilds plainly threatened Lincoln with a civil war should he decline to institute their Central Bank, in London papers? "and Mr Lincoln shall find himself in a most unfortunate civil war..." yeh, its all been scrubbed now i guess, any ref to Rothschilds prolly...lol

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yeah, "I AM THAT I AM."

I get hiding wisdom from the wise but I don't think God is into obfuscation for its own sake, do you?
hmm
why do we tell our kids "Santa Claus?"

We shall have to gather warmth from the coldness of others.
ha
or go find some warm ppl i guess
or make cold ppl warm maybe

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Labels are handy daggers.
Agreed.

Labeling gives the labeler the excuse to stop seeing their victims as an actual person, and instead some de-humanized thing to be assaulted without remorse.

Such is COMPLETELY against the way of Christ where we are called to love each other, even the those that sin. Let us each cast out the bean from our individuals eyes, and instead actually come to see and love each. Yes, of course showing the love of Christ every step of the way.

Reactions: bbyrd009

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
guess you better Quote it

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory

These verses in John’s prologue reveal the pre existence of the Eternal Word/Son who was God and became flesh. He was the Creator of all things. Nothing came into existence apart from Him. He is before everything that has a beginning.

John 1:15
John bore witness of Him, and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'"

John 1:30
"This is He on behalf of whom I said, 'After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'

John the Baptist was 6 months older than Jesus Christ. So it is impossible for Christ to be before him unless Jesus pre existed.

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven — the Son of Man.

Again we see the pre existence of the Son and where He declares that He came from heaven to earth.

John 3:17
"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him.

This verse shows the Son was sent from heaven by the Father to the earth.

John 6:38
For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.

Human beings come into existence when they are born into this world, but we surely do not come from Heaven.

John 8:23
"You are from beneath I Am from above, you are of this world I Am not of this world"

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am."

Here we see that Jesus lets the Pharisees know that He existed as a person before Abraham was born. Once again we see Jesus claiming to be the Eternal God.

Jhn 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

John 17:5
And now, Father, glorify Me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

Here we see the Son declared that He shared the same Glory together with the Father prior to creation. This passage makes Him equal with the Father as the Eternal God.

John 17:24
"Father, I desire that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am, in order that they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me; for Thou didst love Me before the foundation of the world.

Below we read it was the Son who already existed as the Son which the Father sent into the world.

John 3:16-17
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him.

1 Cor 15:47 The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven.

Gal 4:4
But when the fulness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law,

1 John 4:14
And we have beheld and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

In 1 John 3:8 we see that the Son of Gods appearance or manifestation was for this very purpose, that He might destroy the works of the devil. The verb φανερόω means to make manifest, appeared, to make visible or to bring to light something that was previously hidden. This clearly means that Jesus had already existed as the Son of God and He was made manifest or visible to us.

Now we also know from Johns writings that those who deny Jesus came in the flesh are the spirit of antichrist. Those who deny God became flesh and dwelt among us are deceivers. The Incarnation was permanent as we read in 2 John 7- Jesus has come in the flesh. A past action with present results.

Col 1:13-18
For He delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. 15 And He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities — all things have been created by Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Heb 1:2-3
in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. 3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.

Heb 1:8
But of the Son He says,

"Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever,

Heb 5:7-8
In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety. 8 Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.

The question is who or what was He before the days of His flesh? It is obvious that He pre existed before His birth(days of His flesh) as the Son.The Father sent the Son into this world and we know this as the Incarnation. Meaning God became flesh( a man). Since the Son is God, the 2nd Person of the Trinity scripture calls the Son- God manifest in the flesh.

hope this helps !!!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cult is meant to be a "dirty word", as it describes a group or church that claims to be Christian. and yet is not!
ha well that is what you think cult means, and so for many i guess it does, now; but fwiw "the Oaks of Mamre" was a "cult," "Methodists" are a cult, etc, in the old order anyway. Cultures are not inherently evil iow--except maybe to Christians, now, but we are told hate your family right

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed.

Labeling gives the labeler the excuse to stop seeing their victims as an actual person, and instead some de-humanized thing to be assaulted without remorse.

Such is COMPLETELY against the way of Christ where we are called to love each other, even the those that sin. Let us each cast out the bean from our individuals eyes, and instead actually come to see and love each. Yes, of course showing the love of Christ every step of the way.
Do you think there is ever a time for harsh treatment of an evil-doer, say, when he/she does so in the name of God? I'm a bullyphobe at heart. When I see someone being bullied, I can barely stand it.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From working with the LDS folk on another site, I found that the "mishies" are taught to lie and evade when they go out on their missions. Even though they may presently call themselves, (Christians" (according to their own definition) the history.

What many do not know is that during the "Mormon Wars" they took up arms against the people if Missouri because they wanted to turn the state into a Mormon theocracy because Joe Smith said that was where Eden was. They started ALL the shooting, and lost all of the "wars".

That is the reason why Governor Boggs made the Mormon Expulsion Order

from Wikipedia:
In October 1833, anti-Mormon mobs drove the Mormons from Jackson County. At that time, opponents of the Mormons used a pattern that would be repeated four times, culminating in the expulsion of the Mormons from the entire state.​

To hear them tell it, they were all peaceful people and that is prima facie evidence that the Mormons are taught to lie about things detrimental to their history

But that is really a background post, not intended as a derail

id be curious to know how so, Jane? ty
not that i would hold that against any extant Mormons anyway :)
Hitting the major points:

-It was stated that LDS Christians don't acknowledge the salvation of non-LDS individuals. Reality: LDS Christians totally acknowledge that possibility of those folk's salvation <- such is actually a major theological point.

-It was stated that LDS missionaries are taught to lie. Reality: no. That's just a false slandering statement designed to de-humanize.

-It was implied that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints aren't Christians. The definition of "Christian" = one whom has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord & Savior, then LDS folks are indeed Christians. That's the definition this site uses and LDS folks use. LDS folks do do indeed acknowledge that many other non-LDS folks whom are Christians. If you want to add other stuff to your personal definition of "Christian" you can do that and we'll talk about that definition.

-As to events in Missouri: there were mobs on both sides of conflict, it was a huge messy issue all around, lots of folks (including the Governor) flat out disregarding the law, etc. There's no denying the messiness of the entire affair.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well that is what you think cult means, and so for many i guess it does, now; but fwiw "the Oaks of Mamre" was a "cult," "Methodists" are a cult, etc, in the old order anyway. Cultures are not inherently evil iow--except maybe to Christians, now, but we are told hate your family right
When organs were first used in church it was a huge scandal. Same with bound Bibles. Like iPads or other devices today. When my dad first went to Japan was when he noticed that Americans have a bubble about 2 inches thick extending from all parts of their bodies and they don't like their bubbles popped. Japanese have no such bubbles. He was horrified for a while. We differ so widely, even within the commonness we call Christianity.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think there is ever a time for harsh treatment of an evil-doer, say, when he/she does so in the name of God? I'm a bullyphobe at heart. When I see someone being bullied, I can barely stand it.
I am also a bully-phobe. Such is a complete turn off for me. And when they do so in the name of God .... *shudder in disgust*

To answer your question: nothing ever justifies bullying. It's almost always better to turn the other cheek or walk away. There are points you do need to stand up and be very blunt about things, but such should always been done with the upmost charity possibly.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hitting the major points:

-It was stated that LDS Christians don't acknowledge the salvation of non-LDS individuals. Reality: LDS Christians totally acknowledge that possibility of those folk's salvation <- such is actually a major theological point.

-It was stated that LDS missionaries are taught to lie. Reality: no. That's just a false slandering statement designed to de-humanize.

-It was implied that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints aren't Christians. The definition of "Christian" = one whom has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord & Savior, then LDS folks are indeed Christians. That's the definition this site uses and LDS folks use. LDS folks do do indeed acknowledge that many other non-LDS folks whom are Christians. If you want to add other stuff to your personal definition of "Christian" you can do that and we'll talk about that definition.

-As to events in Missouri: there were mobs on both sides of conflict, it was a huge messy issue all around, lots of folks (including the Governor) flat out disregarding the law, etc. There's no denying the messiness of the entire affair.
hey, my def of Christian excludes virtually all professors, includes some Muslims and whores, etc
lol

my Q was mostly about the Missouri thing, idc really about what Christian professors state tbh

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yes but I think they multiply faster than the warm people (whomever they are)
hmm
darkness cannot exist in light i guess
nothing better than witnessing the evil just...lose their grip lol, bc the light they cant function in. Man, that particular look, when some evil yack pastor or whatever is compelled to publically agree with you, when really he just wants to kill you
priceless

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am also a bully-phobe. Such is a complete turn off for me. And when they do so in the name of God .... *shudder in disgust*

To answer your question: nothing ever justifies bullying. It's almost always better to turn the other cheek or walk away. There are points you do need to stand up and be very blunt about things, but such should always been done with the upmost charity possibly.
I really don't mind when I'm the one being bullied so much. The bullying of others is what gets me.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey, my def of Christian excludes virtually all professors, includes some Muslims and whores, etc
lol

my Q was mostly about the Missouri thing, idc really about what Christian professors state tbh
Which type of professor are we talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.