Elija And Enoch Going To Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dane01

Apr 14, 2010
South Carolina
In the bible Jesus said

"No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." (John 1:18)

"No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father." (John 6:46)

The bible gives an example of two people (Elijah & Enoch) going to heaven
"As they [Elijah and Elisha] were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind." (2 Kings 2:11)
"Altogether, Enoch lived 365 years. Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away." (Genesis 5:23-24)
"By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God." (Hebrews 11:5)

So as you can see those are two examples where someone did go to heaven/be with GOD before Jesus

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Both are clearly examples of "rapture" events. Today's Church should take notice, just like it should take notice that God did not pour out his judgment on Sodom & Gomorrah until the righteous were removed. And God removed the righteous before the Great Flood. I think the majority of the church today fails to see the great significance of these happenings. God removes the righteous before He DIRECTLY pours out a judgment Himself.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Oh, Robster, you mentioned the Rapture word....................Duck!!!!!!

Most around here want to stay and watch the tribulation on earth... They get better seating that way.

be blessed.

Jesus Is Lord.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Oh, Robster, you mentioned the Rapture word....................Duck!!!!!!

Most around here want to stay and watch the tribulation on earth... They get better seating that way.

be blessed.

Jesus Is Lord.

So that word is a slur around here? :lol: Well if they want to hang around and fight the AntiChrist along with those Christian Hutarees in Michigan, then by all means. :D It not's going to be my fight, that's for sure. Good luck living under the grid fellas!I'll be watching that whole drama from the balconies of heaven. God willing I always pray.

Dane01

Apr 14, 2010
South Carolina
Both are clearly examples of "rapture" events. Today's Church should take notice, just like it should take notice that God did not pour out his judgment on Sodom & Gomorrah until the righteous were removed. And God removed the righteous before the Great Flood. I think the majority of the church today fails to see the great significance of these happenings. God removes the righteous before He DIRECTLY pours out a judgment Himself.
Hey Robster who is Sodom & Gomarrah?

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
In the bible Jesus said

"No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." (John 1:18)

"No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father." (John 6:46)

"As they [Elijah and Elisha] were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind." (2 Kings 2:11)
"Altogether, Enoch lived 365 years. Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away." (Genesis 5:23-24)
"By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God." (Hebrews 11:5)

So as you can see those are two examples where someone did go to heaven/be with GOD before Jesus

I know Enoch's days ended after 365 years. Death has a way of doing that. If he didn't experience death at the time he was "taken" somewhere, from whom or what was seeking his death, all I know is according to scripture he is numbered with the rest of Hebrews 11:13, who "died in faith, not having received the promises".

Elijah ascended heavenward in a tempest, in the Hebrew language, and even wrote a letter later down the road (2Chron 21:12-15), ten years after his departure into the atmosphere. Not likely if he were dead.

The disciples saw a "vision" of Moses and Elijah during the Lord's transfiguration. But that was a vision, not a resurrection.

No one except the Son has seen the Father, and only resurrection and vivification will enable anyone to see with the "eyes" needed for that.
fivesense

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
So as you can see those are two examples where someone did go to heaven/be with GOD before Jesus ____Wafuwasi

Well, it doesn't say they went to see God the Father. It just said they ascended. If Jesus said no man has seen the Father... i believe Him.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
So as you can see those are two examples where someone did go to heaven/be with GOD before Jesus ____Wafuwasi

Well, it doesn't say they went to see God the Father. It just said they ascended. If Jesus said no man has seen the Father... i believe Him.

That is correct, No flesh haman has seen the Father, but Elijah & Enoch were no longer flesh men, they had been transformed, returning to their angelic bodies.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
That is correct, No flesh haman has seen the Father, but Elijah & Enoch were no longer flesh men, they had been transformed, returning to their angelic bodies.

Sorry jerryjohnson. Just because we think something is in the Bible, does not mean it is. Please direct me to the passages that say
1. They were no longer flesh men, or
2. That they had been transformed,
3. That they had angelic bodies.
I will be waiting with bated breath, although I will not hold it very long.
fivesense

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Sorry jerryjohnson. Just because we think something is in the Bible, does not mean it is. Please direct me to the passages that say
1. They were no longer flesh men, or
2. That they had been transformed,
3. That they had angelic bodies.
I will be waiting with bated breath, although I will not hold it very long.
fivesense

Sorry, I can't do anything about your bad breath, maybe use a strong mouthwash.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Elijah & Enoch returned to the Father in heaven so the were not in flesh bodies, (1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.) When we leave our flesh body we return to our spiritual body, which is the same as a transformed body, which is the same as an angelic body. You might not be able to understand that so put it on the shelf for now.

Ramon ben Shomer

Apr 24, 2010
That people say that no man has seen God 's face first let us go back in Genesis when both Adam and Eve walked with God and when in Exodus In Moses going up to Mt Sinai faced Face to face when recieving the Ten Commandments. just read and meditate on what I have said and read the areas of the Bible I have written about. Shalom Ramon ben Shomer

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 3

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
That people say that no man has seen God 's face first let us go back in Genesis when both Adam and Eve walked with God and when in Exodus In Moses going up to Mt Sinai faced Face to face when recieving the Ten Commandments. just read and meditate on what I have said and read the areas of the Bible I have written about. Shalom Ramon ben Shomer

Oh, maybe John and Christ made a mistake but these verses sound definite.

Joh 1:18 No man (G3762) hath seen God at any time (G4455); the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

G3762
οὐδείς
oudeis
oo-dice'
Including the feminine οὐδεμία oudemia
oo-dem-ee'-ah and the neuter οὐδέν ouden oo-den'
From G3761 and G1520; not even one (man, woman or thing), that is, none, nobody, nothing: - any (man), aught, man, neither any (thing), never (man), no (man), none (+ of these things), not (any, at all, -thing), nought.

G4455
πώποτε
pōpote
po'-pot-e
From G4452 and G4218; at any time, that is, (with negative particle) at no time: - at any time, + never (. . . to any man), + yet never man.

Joh 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

But I do not believe Christ made a mistake, so I expect you did.

Reactions: Christina

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Sorry, I can't do anything about your bad breath, maybe use a strong mouthwash.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Elijah & Enoch returned to the Father in heaven so the were not in flesh bodies, (1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.) When we leave our flesh body we return to our spiritual body, which is the same as a transformed body, which is the same as an angelic body. You might not be able to understand that so put it on the shelf for now.

The passages, Please? Is it right or fair to expect others to assent to your convictions without the evidence of Holy Scripture to verify your claims?Where does it say they were "transformed", obtained "angelic bodies", or "no longer flesh men"? Is it not preposterous to think our own words are inspired alongside, or even above what God has written?
fivesense

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
The passages, Please? Is it right or fair to expect others to assent to your convictions without the evidence of Holy Scripture to verify your claims?Where does it say they were "transformed", obtained "angelic bodies", or "no longer flesh men"? Is it not preposterous to think our own words are inspired alongside, or even above what God has written?
fivesense

Read my post #15

and again: 1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Oh, maybe John and Christ made a mistake but these verses sound definite.

Joh 1:18 No man (G3762) hath seen God at any time (G4455); the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

G3762
οὐδείς
oudeis
oo-dice'
Including the feminine οὐδεμία oudemia
oo-dem-ee'-ah and the neuter οὐδέν ouden oo-den'
From G3761 and G1520; not even one (man, woman or thing), that is, none, nobody, nothing: - any (man), aught, man, neither any (thing), never (man), no (man), none (+ of these things), not (any, at all, -thing), nought.

G4455
πώποτε
pōpote
po'-pot-e
From G4452 and G4218; at any time, that is, (with negative particle) at no time: - at any time, + never (. . . to any man), + yet never man.

Joh 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

But I do not believe Christ made a mistake, so I expect you did.

excellent post Jerry :)

I also agree with you other post flesh and blood can not enter heaven .........

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the bible Jesus said

Both Enoch and Elijah have not gone to heaven, but are in she’ohl´, the common grave of mankind, awaiting a resurrection from the dead.(Acts 24:15) At 2 Kings 2:11, it says that "it came about that as they (Elijah and Elisha) were walking along, speaking as they walked, why, look! a fiery war chariot and fiery horses, and they proceeded to make a separation between them both; and E·li´jah went ascending in the windstorm to the heavens." That Elijah did not ascend to heaven but was transported to another part of Israel is seen by the fact that some years later, Jehoram, Jehosphat's son, received from Elijah a letter concerning the calamity God is to bring on Jehoram and his household for ' walking in the way of the kings of Israel'.(2 Chron 21:12-15)

Of Enoch, the account does not say that God took Enoch to heaven, but that "God took him."(Gen 5:24) The apostle Paul wrote that "by faith E´noch was transferred so as not to see death, and he was nowhere to be found because God had transferred him; for before his transference he had the witness that he had pleased God well."(Heb 11:5) To further show that no one has ascended to heaven prior to Jesus, Jesus himself said: "Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man."(John 3:13)

Paul added weight to this, saying that "the way of entry into the holy place (heaven itself) by the blood of Jesus, which he inaugurated for us as a new and living way through the curtain, that is, his flesh."(Heb 10:19, 20) Thus, the "entry into the holy place" or heaven itself, was not opened until Jesus offered his life blood to his Father, with the "curtain" or Jesus "flesh" now being removed. Paul furthermore said that "the holy spirit makes it plain that the way into the holy place had not yet been made manifest while the first tent was standing."(Heb 9:8) Hence, the appointed time for anyone to be resurrected by God to heaven had to be after the literal temple itself was no longer "standing".

In Paul’s letter to the Hebrews, the curtain in the sanctuary before the Most Holy, which represented heaven itself, is shown to have been symbolic, representing Jesus’ flesh, for before he sacrificed his fleshly body, the way to life in heaven was not open. Thus, neither Enoch nor Elijah inaugurated this way, any more than David had, who in the first century was in the grave, still awaiting a future resurrection.( Acts 2:34)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic interested me also because of the enormous love of God wanting to take
E and E to His bosom - He just couldn't wait!

W., may a point out a verse that you have not mentioned and is quite exciting - you will love it: Gen 32:30

You know you can click onto a verse and it comes up right?

I always relate this place as the pineal gland - the Seat of the Soul - the Third Eye,
this place Penuel ---where else do we see
God face to face - but inside. LOL.
If thne eye be single thy whole body will be full of light"!!!
:)