Elijah and Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Stefan

Mar 23, 2022
Peterborough
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What are the big differences and simmilarites between Elijah and Jesus? I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the big differences and simmilarites between Elijah and Jesus? I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Hi John, you might find this interesting sir, Jesus actually said of John the Baptist:
(Matthew 11:12-14) . . .From the days of John the Baptist until now, the Kingdom of the heavens is the goal toward which men press, and those pressing forward are seizing it. 13 For all, the Prophets and the Law, prophesied until John; 14 and if you are willing to accept it, he is ‘E·liʹjah who is to come.’

Reactions: John Stefan

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

kind regards John Stefan
Hi @John Stefan In 2 Peter 1.16, Peter says: "For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty." This seems to refer to the Mount of Transfiguration, where Moses and Elijah appeared with the Lord Jesus.

In Romans 3 we read: "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" (Romans 3.23).

So Moses and Elijah, representing the part of the OT known as the law and the prophets respectively, attested to the righteousness of God and in appearing with the Lord Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration they showed that the OT and the righteousness of God revealed in it pointed forward to the Lord Jesus, Who perfectly fulfilled it.

Yet it was the Lord Jesus alone, the only perfect substitute Who could go to the Cross and be the perfect sacrifice for sin. In this we know He stands unique.