EPHESIANS 1:1-5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rmoore1021

Jan 21, 2012
what is the writer saying? How can I apply this to my life?

After identifying himself as the author the letter begins with an “explosion of praise”. verses 3-14 are one long sentence. Paul exalts the work of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in our lives. This is what is called the doctrine of the Trinity. In the Bible God has described Himself as one being who consists of three different and distinct “persons”. In simple propositions the Trinity can be stated this way,

1. God the Father is God.

2. God the Son is God.

3. God the Holy Spirit is God.

4. The Father is not the Son.

5. The Son is not the Spirit.

6. The Spirit is not the Father.

7. Nevertheless, there is only one God.[sup][sup][font="Arial""][1][/sup][/sup][/font]

tHE APPLICATION FOR ME IS
How do i KNOW God has chosen me ? I will know that God has chosen me if I embrace a genuine and life-changing faith in Christ. Only the one truly chosen by God is awakened to their own need of a Savior and embrace and follow Christ.

The bottom line is this: We may never fully understand the complexity of God’s nature or the reasons for the choices He makes. But what we can decide how we will respond to God’s offer of new life in Christ. We can agree that no matter how it all “works” we will spend the rest of our lives (here and in eternity) being grateful.

Eph 1:1-5
This letter is from Paul. I am a missionary for Jesus Christ. God wanted me to work for Him. This letter is to those who belong to Christ in the city of Ephesus and to you who are faithful followers of Christ Jesus. 2 May you have loving-favor and peace from God our Father and from our Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Let us honor and thank the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He has already given us a taste of what heaven is like. 4 Even before the world was made, God chose us for Himself because of His love. He planned that we should be holy and without blame as He sees us. 5 God already planned to have us as His own children. This was done by Jesus Christ. In His plan God wanted this done.

Leviman

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks and Glory be to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit for allowing me to be in existence and experience Gods most beautiful works and beautiful creatures. God has given us all the opportunity to experience love, the love of our fellow creatures in God and more importantly the love of God which enables the impossible to become possible and assured. He/She who lives to love, know and please God and Jesus is free from the fears of this world.

Nice post :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hey rmoore!
I agree with you up to point 4....but I do not agree with point 5.
The Son is not the Spirit.
Mark 14:36
And He [Jesus] said,Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.”
Galatians 4:6
And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”

nor do I agree with you on point 6...
The Spirit is not the Father.
Matthew 10
[sup]18 [/sup]You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. [sup]19 [/sup]But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; [sup]20 [/sup]for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

I agree with you on point 7.
Nevertheless, there is only one God
1 Corinthians 8
[sup]6 [/sup]yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
Ephesians 4
[sup]4 [/sup]There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; [sup]5 [/sup]one Lord, one faith, one baptism; [sup]6 [/sup]one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you[sup] [/sup]all.
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

Hebrews 1
But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

[sup]9 [/sup]You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

Shalom!!!

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
what is the writer saying? How can I apply this to my life?

After identifying himself as the author the letter begins with an “explosion of praise”. verses 3-14 are one long sentence. Paul exalts the work of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in our lives. This is what is called the doctrine of the Trinity. In the Bible God has described Himself as one being who consists of three different and distinct “persons”. In simple propositions the Trinity can be stated this way,

1. God the Father is God.

2. God the Son is God.

3. God the Holy Spirit is God.

4. The Father is not the Son.

5. The Son is not the Spirit.

6. The Spirit is not the Father.

7. Nevertheless, there is only one God.[sup][sup][1][/sup][/sup]

tHE APPLICATION FOR ME IS
How do i KNOW God has chosen me ? I will know that God has chosen me if I embrace a genuine and life-changing faith in Christ. Only the one truly chosen by God is awakened to their own need of a Savior and embrace and follow Christ.

The bottom line is this: We may never fully understand the complexity of God’s nature or the reasons for the choices He makes. But what we can decide how we will respond to God’s offer of new life in Christ. We can agree that no matter how it all “works” we will spend the rest of our lives (here and in eternity) being grateful.

Eph 1:1-5
This letter is from Paul. I am a missionary for Jesus Christ. God wanted me to work for Him. This letter is to those who belong to Christ in the city of Ephesus and to you who are faithful followers of Christ Jesus. 2 May you have loving-favor and peace from God our Father and from our Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Let us honor and thank the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He has already given us a taste of what heaven is like. 4 Even before the world was made, God chose us for Himself because of His love. He planned that we should be holy and without blame as He sees us. 5 God already planned to have us as His own children. This was done by Jesus Christ. In His plan God wanted this done.

It appears to me you are advocating Salvation by Election. The scripture does say God will draw us to Jesus, shown in John 6:44
and that He wants ALL to be saved, as shown in 2 Peter 3:9.

We have to decide.