Error and Contradictions in the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
Stan,

re: "I didn't say it didn't mean what it says."

Sure you did. You said they were figures of speech. Figures of speech are words that don’t literally mean what they say.

re: "I didn't ADD anything."

When you said that the phrase "the sign of the prophet Jonah" mentioned in Matthew 12:39 was an omission by the writer of Mark 8:12, you were implying that the phrase should have been included. That is adding to scripture.

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
Stan,

Sure you did. You said they were figures of speech. Figures of speech are words that don’t literally mean what they say.

When you said that the phrase "the sign of the prophet Jonah" mentioned in Matthew 12:39 was an omission by the writer of Mark 8:12, you were implying that the phrase should have been included. That is adding to scripture.

Well all I can say is no wonder you have problem reading scripture within the correct context. Not only that but you pick apart words instead of reading based on the whole of scripture and it's complete message. I'm pretty sure discussing this further with your will NOT reult in anything constructive.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Stan,

the question is, what are you even doing in a christian forum if you don't believe in scripture? wouldn't being in an atheist forum be a better place for you?

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
Stan,

re: "I'm pretty sure discussing this further with your will NOT reult in anything constructive."

I would guess that would most likely be the case since you continue to deny that you say what you say.