Eternal Life in Jesus the Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
They, who have been born of water and Spirit. Never ever tell another lie, or commit any sin ever again. This is the evidence and fruit of the gift of the Holy Ghost. That is Eternal Life in Jesus the Christ. This cannot be counterfeited by the devil or his children.

If someone has harmed you and they pretend to be Christians or something

Then I agree with what you say

I sure hope it didnt happen.

But it does sometimes.

Sorry.

Ekul7291

May 16, 2012
Ok. If you say that no true "Christian"...one born of water and Spirit, can sin again or lie...then do you claim those things about yourself? Do you never lie? Do you never sin? In thought, word or deed?
(By the way...this is a trick question...if you answer 'never'...you've just lied...which is a sin.)

By the way...coming out with somewhat cryptic, ambiguous one sentence answers that slag others trying to understand what on earth you've just uttered...is not a real good way to start out here. Lay out your beliefs, supported by scripture passages. Thanks.

None of this you have said has proved anything. Nor is supported by scripture. Everything I have stated I have proved and supported with scripture. By the way the Truth needs no support. It can stand own its own merit.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
There might be another perspective to this dilemma.

In the OT only unintentional sin was forgiven.

Intentional sin equated to death.

Ekul7291

May 16, 2012
There might be another perspective to this dilemma.

In the OT only unintentional sin was forgiven.

Intentional sin equated to death.

There is no perspective and there is no dilemma. There is the 1 truth. The rest are all lies. Is it not written in your law, Jesus Christ the same yesterday, to day and for ever?

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
There is no perspective and there is no dilemma. There is the 1 truth. The rest are all lies. Is it not written in your law, Jesus Christ the same yesterday, to day and for ever?

How this supposed to prove that all will be saved regardless or that those born of water and spirit never ever sin again?

What is the last judgement for?

Ekul7291

May 16, 2012
How this supposed to prove that all will be saved regardless or that those born of water and spirit never ever sin again?

What is the last judgement for?

The proof is in the pudding. What exactly are you trying to prove?

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
The proof is in the pudding. What exactly are you trying to prove?

Nothing.

Merely quoting from God's word whereby there are strings attached to the offer of eternal life. The final judgement will prove who followed Jesus and who paid a lip service or declared himself above God's word, above the truth.

Ekul7291

May 16, 2012
Nothing.

Merely quoting from God's word whereby there are strings attached to the offer of eternal life. The final judgement will prove who followed Jesus and who paid a lip service or declared himself above God's word, above the truth.

The truth is the only thing you have said to me is your own opinion of what you believe. Even though you said you are trying to prove nothing. And them who find themselves in hell can be assured that they have been judged long before the finial day of judgement. See even though it was not required I proved that there is a major flaw in your doctrine.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
The truth is the only thing you have said to me is your own opinion of what you believe. Even though you said you are trying to prove nothing. And them who find themselves in hell can be assured that they have been judged long before the finial day of judgement. See even though it was not required I proved that there is a major flaw in your doctrine.

Well, I don't say unless it is written.

Let me then post few texts.

The fundamental strings:

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

The judgement:

Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

I suppose you know what will happen with those of the second judgement.

Ekul7291

May 16, 2012
Well, I don't say unless it is written.

Let me then post few texts.

The fundamental strings:

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

The judgement:

Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

I suppose you know what will happen with those of the second judgement.

How does any of this prove anything you have said to me? In fact what does any of this have to do with anything I have said?

I said that, in reply, to a random statement that you made to me, that those who find themselves in hell have already been judged before the last judgement. Now if you like you may try to prove this false. Prove this is false if you can.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
How does any of this prove anything you have said to me? In fact what does any of this have to do with anything I have said?

I said that, in reply, to a random statement that you made to me, that those who find themselves in hell have already been judged before the last judgement. Now if you like you may try to prove this false. Prove this is false if you can.

I am not sure I understand your post. Perhaps we are talking about different things. So let me say it this way.

There will be two judgements:

1. When Jesus returns.
2. At the and of his "millennial" reign.

Those who pass the first judgement will not be subject of the second one.

As the matter of fact, nobody goes to heaven or hell as commonly toughed. It is a pagano/platonic teaching accepted as the official Church teaching. It is not Biblical. People die (our perspective) or are asleep (God’s perspective) awaiting the judgement.

Otherwise, those who are in heaven should stand before the judgement seat and be cast to hell if found unfit for heaven.

Ekul7291

May 16, 2012
I am not sure I understand your post. Perhaps we are talking about different things. So let me say it this way.

There will be two judgements:

1. When Jesus returns.
2. At the and of his "millennial" reign.

Those who pass the first judgement will not be subject of the second one.

As the matter of fact, nobody goes to heaven or hell as commonly toughed. It is a pagano/platonic teaching accepted as the official Church teaching. It is not Biblical. People die (our perspective) or are asleep (God’s perspective) awaiting the judgement.

Otherwise, those who are in heaven should stand before the judgement seat and be cast to hell if found unfit for heaven.

What exactly does this unproven opinion of yours have to do with anything concerning Post #1

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
What exactly does this unproven opinion of yours have to do with anything concerning Post #1

As I said, I don't say things unless it is written so. Otherwise I say that "in my opinion" or "to me" and so on.

If you need me to add quotes I will gladly do so but I saw some people irritated with quotes because they say that all here know the Bible.

Your opening post is false.

You are just trying to manoeuvre yourself out of what you said in post 1 without responding to quotes clearly showing your fallacy.

Ekul7291

May 16, 2012
As I said, I don't say things unless it is written so. Otherwise I say that "in my opinion" or "to me" and so on.

If you need me to add quotes I will gladly do so but I saw some people irritated with quotes because they say that all here know the Bible.

Your opening post is false.

You are just trying to manoeuvre yourself out of what you said in post 1 without responding to quotes clearly showing your fallacy.

Nothing I have said is false. And you have not proved it so nor have you even proved anything you have said is true. All you do is read me random verses from the bible and claim it is your proof. I can do that myself if I so was so inclined. I have already PROVED a major flaw in your belief. And posting another one of your unproven opinions to prove your unproven opinion is worthless.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
Nothing I have said is false. And you have not proved it so nor have you even proved anything you have said is true. All you do is read me random verses from the bible and claim it is your proof. I can do that myself if I so was so inclined. I have already PROVED a major flaw in your belief. And posting another one of your unproven opinions to prove your unproven opinion is worthless.

All you have done is posted a false statement which you can not support with the overall scriptures.

I posted texts to prove my side.

You can not do so while your evasive rhetoric serves as a proof.

Ekul7291

May 16, 2012
All you have done is posted a false statement which you can not support with the overall scriptures.

I posted texts to prove my side.

You can not do so while your evasive rhetoric serves as a proof.

Prove this. Post your proof so I can see it.

Ekul7291

May 16, 2012
You want me to prove that you can not support your false statement with scriptures or you missed Jn 3:16, Jn 17:3 and Ac 17:31.

It speaks volumes.

You did not prove anything here. Except you can post verses and claim they are your proof of your opinions. Most everyone does that. Except I. And even if I did give you a verse. You would then precede to tell me why as your interpretation of it is correct and why mine is false. lol. Here we go round in circles.

You made this statement in trying to discredit what I had said...The final judgement will prove who followed Jesus and who paid a lip service or declared himself above God's word, above the truth. I PROVED THIS TO BE FALSE.

By saying that those in hell already know their judgement.

To which is proof that what you had said was false.

1 John 38He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

They, who have been born of water and Spirit. Never ever tell another lie, or commit any sin ever again. This is the evidence and fruit of the gift of the Holy Ghost. That is Eternal Life in Jesus the Christ. This cannot be counterfeited by the devil or his children.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Ekul7291 ...... You need to back up about 10 steps and read this part of 1 john 2

1. My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. [sup]2 [/sup]He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 38He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Ekul7291, on 13 September 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

Ekul7291

May 16, 2012
Ekul7291 ...... You need to back up about 10 steps and read this part of 1 john 2

1. My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. [sup]2 [/sup]He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

So which one do you believe?

I have witnessed this. I believe this. Do you believe this is true?