*Eternity In Heaven*

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When we die, the belief of most Christians is that we go to Heaven for eternity.

So when you die and become eternal, were where you before this life? Being that you are now eternal, this means that you have always existed.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a different interpretation of the word eternal, as far as I know in this context it means "endless/without end" or "of infinite duration" which does not mean that you were around before your life or that you have always existed.

The eternal life would start at conception, then birth, death, and an infinite duration in heaven.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have a different interpretation of the word eternal, as far as I know in this context it means "endless/without end" or "of infinite duration" which does not mean that you were around before your life or that you have always existed.

The eternal life would start at conception, then birth, death, and an infinite duration in heaven.
What you say and what I say are the same thing. But, if you did not exist before now then that is not eternal is it?

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Dictionary: Eternal
"without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing (opposed to temporal):eternal life."

Something is either Eternal or it is not. As we can see, something that was not already eternal cannot just become eternal. It has to have always been that way.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing (opposed to temporal):eternal life."

Something is either Eternal or it is not. As we can see, something that was not already eternal cannot just become eternal. It has to have always been that way.
Eternal has more than one definition. The definition that you gave would mean that you have always existed.

However, it can also be defined as "having infinite duration" or "endless", which do not imply that you have to have always existed; as long as you always exist from your creation onward, your life will have infinite duration and will be endless, therefore eternal.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Eternal has more than one definition. The definition that you gave would mean that you have always existed.

However, it can also be defined as "having infinite duration" or "endless", which do not imply that you have to have always existed; as long as you always exist from your creation onward, your life will have infinite duration and will be endless, therefore eternal.
I would suggest that your definition of eternity is not right. We all know what eternity means, it means forever. We cannot change the meaning of a word to have it suit our beliefs. Doesn't matter how you put it, it makes no sence for something to be temporal and then become eternal. This defies the laws of God and rationality.

So it is either you always existed or... when you die, you die.

It has been proven that energy is never destroyed nor created, it just changes form.

Last edited:

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would suggest that your definition of eternity is not right. We all know what eternity means, it means forever. We cannot change the meaning of a word to have it suit our beliefs.
Merriam Webster definitions:

First definition: "having infinite duration," as I said

I'm not changing the meaning of anything. Do you really think words can't have more than one definition?

Orange is defined as "a globose berry with a yellowish to reddish-orange rind and a sweet edible pulp" or "any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue". If I pointed to a traffic cone and said it was orange, would you say I'm wrong because it's not a berry? Words have multiple definitions.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I have to agree here….only one Being in existence is “eternal” (with no beginning or end) and that is the Creator himself. All other things had a “beginning” because God is a Creator who caused their beginning.

Like mortal and immortal….they are opposites……life and death are opposites….

God can give “everlasting life” to his creatures and even “immortality” to some, but he cannot make a single being “eternal” because he pre-exists all things.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I would suggest that your definition of eternity is not right. We all know what eternity mean, it means forever. We cannot change the meaning of a word to have it suit our beliefs. Does it not say that our souls are eternal in this moment?
I have to agree here….only one Being in existence is “eternal” (with no beginning or end) and that is the Creator himself. All other things had a “beginning” because God is a Creator who caused their beginning.

Like mortal and immortal….they are opposites……life and death are opposites….

God can give “everlasting life” to his creatures and even “immortality” to some, but he cannot make a single being “eternal” because he pre-exists all things.
Nice post. We need to take into consideration our "essence" or "soul". Whatever it is you call the part that connects us to God. I would say this is eternal. Like it is said energy can not be created nor destroyed.

So realistically our essence and everything we are made up of is eternal. But when we die we lose our egoic self or "personality".

The nature of God is unification. It is inclusive not exclusive. It is compassion not passion. So rightfully so, when we die, we become one with source (God) losing all sence of self.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we die, the belief of most Christians is that we go to Heaven for eternity.

I have never heard anyone claim that.

So when you die

“When you die”….implies you were first born.

and become eternal,

“Become eternal”…implies not first born eternal.

were where you before this life?

“Were where you before this life?” ….
Implies an eternal birthed life and then wonders where that life existed.

Being that you are now eternal,

“Being that you are now eternal” ….implies you were not eternal, but ‘now’ are.

this means that you have always existed.

“This means that you have always existed”….
Is setting a scenario for what no one here has claimed and yet you want someone here to defend/explain/ an unknown persons thoughts?

God IS without beginning, without ending.

God had thoughts, ideas.

God counseled (mulled over a thought God had ) and had a conversation amongst the WHOLE of Himself (Lord, God, Almighty)…and concluded the WHOLE of God IN Agreement:
Who, What, When, Why, Where, How, Order, Way……He Would CREATE and MAKE according HIS agreement amongst the WHOLE (Lord God Almighty) of Himself.

In brief…

Gen 1:
[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Gen 1
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[21] And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
[27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen.2
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
[4] These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they [/B]were created, [/B] in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Gen.5
[1] This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
[2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Gen.6
[7] And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

God Thought…God counseled amongst Himself…God Created (what He agreed with)…God Made ALIVE / Living (what He agreed with).

What God created and made ALIVE….He shall Change, Restore, Keep, or Destroy, returning it to “the MATTER from which He created the “things”…and “take back” unto Himself the “Life” He made such things Have.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Chains Broken

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have never heard anyone claim that.

“When you die”….implies you were first born.

“Become eternal”…implies not first born eternal.

“Were where you before this life?” ….
Implies an eternal birthed life and then wonders where that life existed.

“Being that you are now eternal” ….implies you were not eternal, but ‘now’ are.

“This means that you have always existed”….
Is setting a scenario for what no one here has claimed and yet you want someone here to defend/explain/ an unknown persons thoughts?

God IS without beginning, without ending.

God had thoughts, ideas.

God counseled (mulled over a thought God had ) and had a conversation amongst the WHOLE of Himself (Lord, God, Almighty)…and concluded the WHOLE of God IN Agreement:
Who, What, When, Why, Where, How, Order, Way……He Would CREATE and MAKE according HIS agreement amongst the WHOLE (Lord God Almighty) of Himself.

In brief…

Gen 1:
[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Gen 1
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[21] And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
[27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen.2
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
[4] These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they [/B]were created, [/B] in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Gen.5
[1] This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
[2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Gen.6
[7] And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

God Thought…God counseled amongst Himself…God Created (what He agreed with)…God Made ALIVE / Living (what He agreed with).

What God created and made ALIVE….He shall Change, Restore, Keep, or Destroy, returning it to “the MATTER from which He created the “things”…and “take back” unto Himself the “Life” He made such things Have.

Glory to God,
Taken
I do not think these things. I posted this because many Christians claim they are going to Heaven for eternity. All of the Christians I know, think this way.

It was a question imposed to help people think about what they simply accept as Truth.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say “energy” does not change…

Rather I would say “matter” is Created by God according to His Pleasure…

Matter “is” changed by God according to His Pleasure…

Matter “is” Given Life by Gods Making according to His Pleasure…

Matter “is” Denied Life by God according to His Pleasure…

Matter “is” Restored Life by God according to His Pleasure…

God IS “without” change…ETERNAL, the same without beginning or.ending.

Gods Creations ALL Began…with Gods Thought, Idea, Notion, Plan….and EFFECTED, by, through, of Him…
Lord…..Word that speaks and it manifests.
God…..Thought, Idea
Almighty….Power to effect thought / word.

God IS Life, without beginning, without ending.

God Makes His Creations receive life, takes away it’s life, restores it’s life, gives it a new life, reclaims His life, and destroys the “thing” that once “had” His life.

A Thought, is an idea.
A Creation, is manifesting the Thought.
A Making, is manifesting the Creation operable as the thought intended.
A Destruction, is retracting the Making, and returning the manifested Creation back to what it was.

Such as a MAN, created /manifested from the dust of the earth (ie dry land).
Such as a MAN, made alive / living with Gods breath of Life.
Such as a MAN…life given, returned to God.
Such as a MAN…void of life, returns to dust of the earth.

Such as for some (not all) of manKIND…man restored, Life in Gods care, returned to the man…FOR EVER…never “AGAIN” for THAT man to BE returned to the “MATTER” of “dust” or THAT man to BE “without” LIFE.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Chains Broken

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You say “energy” does not change…

Rather I would say “matter” is Created by God according to His Pleasure…

Matter “is” changed by God according to His Pleasure…

Matter “is” Given Life by Gods Making according to His Pleasure…

Matter “is” Denied Life by God according to His Pleasure…

Matter “is” Restored Life by God according to His Pleasure…

God IS “without” change…ETERNAL, the same without beginning or.ending.

Gods Creations ALL Began…with Gods Thought, Idea, Notion, Plan….and EFFECTED, by, through, of Him…
Lord…..Word that speaks and it manifests.
God…..Thought, Idea
Almighty….Power to effect thought / word.

God IS Life, without beginning, without ending.

God Makes His Creations receive life, takes away it’s life, restores it’s life, gives it a new life, reclaims His life, and destroys the “thing” that once “had” His life.

A Thought, is an idea.
A Creation, is manifesting the Thought.
A Making, is manifesting the Creation operable as the thought intended.
A Destruction, is retracting the Making, and returning the manifested Creation back to what it was.

Such as a MAN, created /manifested from the dust of the earth (ie dry land).
Such as a MAN, made alive / living with Gods breath of Life.
Such as a MAN…life given, returned to God.
Such as a MAN…void of life, returns to dust of the earth.

Such as for some (not all) of manKIND…man restored, Life in Gods care, returned to the man…FOR EVER…never “AGAIN” for THAT man to BE returned to the “MATTER” of “dust” or THAT man to BE “without” LIFE.

Glory to God,
Taken
I said energy is neither created nor destroyed. I did not say energy does not change. It changes form all the time.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think these things. I posted this because many Christians claim they are going to Heaven for eternity. All of the Christians I know, think this way.

Again, I have never heard anyone make that claim.

It was a question imposed to help people think about what they simply accept as Truth.

Okay. It seems far fetched since I have never heard anyone make that claim.

Gods INTENT was revealing what God “Created”…..which IS…
God created GOOD.
God created EVIL.

Good is what God “IS”.
Good is what God “desires’’ men to CHOOSE to be.

Regarding Heaven(S), High, Mid, Lower …Regarding Earth, (face, under, deep within)…
Both the Heavens (excepting the High Heaven) and Earth have enjoyed GOOD and suffered EVIL….and so also have MANY of the Occupants who do, have occupied each as inhabitants.

Restoration is IN Gods Plan.
TO restore, MAKE anew;
the OLD, evil, decayed, must first be OVERCOME.

Point being…
As long as THIS world is in it’s present condition….Gods PLAN for restoring, renewing, shall continue to be in effect.

Once, the divided WORLD, is separated (Right and Left) THEN shall the “habitats” be restored, made anew…..and BECOME ONE…

“Christians” / “people” will NOT go to Heaven. (THEY don’t NOW).
The Barrier BETWEEN Heaven and Earth shall be Opened…and Heaven SHALL come to Earth.

A Christian is an identifier OF a person.
a Person IS an Alive Body with a Living soul IN that body.
* Body’s die, begin rotting, stink, are buried, or burned or eaten by animals and their MATTER returns to dust from whence they came.
* Saved Living souls depart their dead body and return to God in Heaven.
* Un-Saved Living souls depart their dead body and are sent to Hell.

Matt 6:
[10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

God is without Beginning or Ending, Never changing, always the same.

Creations Have a beginning, Have multiple Changes, and ultimately land on a FINAL Change that SHALL be henceforth FOREVER.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said energy is neither created nor destroyed. I did not say energy does not change. It changes form all the time.

My point was it being “MATTER” not “ENERGY”…

Dust is matter, not energy.

God Bless you,

Taken

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My point was it being “MATTER” not “ENERGY”…

Dust is matter, not energy.

God Bless you,

Taken
My experience is that, most Christians claim they are going to Heaven for eternity after death. But that's my experience, not yours.

And matter is just light at a low vibrational frequency. In essence, everything is spirit at different levels of vibration.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would suggest that your definition of eternity is not right. We all know what eternity mean, it means forever. We cannot change the meaning of a word to have it suit our beliefs. Does it not say that our souls are eternal in this moment?
I would suggest that your definition of eternity is not right, mine came directly from the dictionary. You cannot change the meaning of the word to have it suit your arguement. I am not going to waste my time on this inane conversation where you refuse to understand the dictionary definitions of english words, goodbye.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My experience is that, most Christians claim they are going to Heaven for eternity after death. But that's my experience, not yours.

And matter is just light at a low vibrational frequency. In essence, everything is spirit at different levels of vibration.

I would categorize matter as substance.