Evan Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
I just finally watched this and I believe it's not only much better than the original Bruce Almighty, but a great movie about faith. What are other people's thought on this movie?

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
Really I found it moving like when God went and spoke to his wife. What gets me is that the animals came to Evan and no one was convinced that he may be speaking the truth. How else would you explain that? Also do you think that because of the events of Evan's life more people would turn to God?

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Is it to much to ask for a LITTLE PRECIPITATION
smile.gif
HAHAHAHAH
smile.gif
WOW.I loved that movie,it was great

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
I had a choice between watching that movie and the Blues Brothers on a plane:naturally I chose the Blues Brothers XD.

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
I loved Evan Almighty! (The wierdo with the beardo)I also love the Blues Brothers! (We're on a mission from Gawd)

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Although it has some kind of beneficial message telling us not to be God (I'm pretty sure I'll never have the chance to) I didn't quite enjoy the movie. I counted way to many abominations (1 is enough for me).1. God is black (God doesn't have a form except through Christ Jesus).2. God goes on a vacation (God is omnipotent and He'll never let us down).3. Our prayers aren't e-mails
rolleyes.gif

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
(Wakka;45422)
Although it has some kind of beneficial message telling us not to be God (I'm pretty sure I'll never have the chance to) I didn't quite enjoy the movie. I counted way to many abominations (1 is enough for me).1. God is black (God doesn't have a form except through Christ Jesus).2. God goes on a vacation (God is omnipotent and He'll never let us down).3. Our prayers aren't e-mails
rolleyes.gif
Are you serious Wakka?

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
(Wakka;45422)
rolleyes.gif
1) God would look like what like what he wants each individual to see. 2) He may not go on vacation, and he didn't let anyone down. Name me how he let people anyone down in either movie.3) the e-mail is how Bruce used his powers to organize all the voice he was hearing

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(walking4him;45428)
1) God would look like what like what he wants each individual to see. 2) He may not go on vacation, and he didn't let anyone down. Name me how he let people anyone down in either movie.3) the e-mail is how Bruce used his powers to organize all the voice he was hearing
1) You're saying it like God produced and directed the movie.2) That god in the movie wanted to go on vacation because he was tired of being god.3) So.I try to follow a rule in my life. Your flesh and soul have been bought for a high price, therefore glorify God in everything you do.I don't think that this movie glorifies God in any way.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Personally I don't see anything wrong with the movie. The main message was good. And anyone digging and looking for a mistake or something to point out as fault will always find one. But I personally think God has a sense of humor and would see nothing wrong with the movie. But then again this is just my opinion.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(followerofchrist;45447)
Personally I don't see anything wrong with the movie. The main message was good. And anyone digging and looking for a mistake or something to point out as fault will always find one. But I personally think God has a sense of humor and would see nothing wrong with the movie. But then again this is just my opinion.
You don't have to dig far. The whole point that God was portrayed in a way He's not is a huge reason not to like the movie. Last time I checked, the god character played by Morgan Freeman doesn't portray God's glory, majesty, awesome power, and love. It's just some old African American man who gives another man his godly powers for a week (or month).

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Wakka;45497)
You don't have to dig far. The whole point that God was portrayed in a way He's not is a huge reason not to like the movie. Last time I checked, the god character played by Morgan Freeman doesn't portray God's glory, majesty, awesome power, and love. It's just some old African American man who gives another man his godly powers for a week (or month).
Of course not, nobody could! I didn't hear yall complaining that the guy who played Jesus in the Passion of the Christ wasn't as perfect of Jesus. Nobody expected him to be because ITS JUST A MOVIE! Same thing here

Heaven_Bound

Apr 14, 2008
I haven't seen Evan Almighty. I didn't care for Bruce Almighty very much and wasn't sure if I'd like the Evan one. I agree with Wakka that the movie did not Glorify God. Though I also agree that it was never meant to be Glorifying to God. It was a movie ment to be a comedy about what happens when a man gets God's power. I have not totally decided if I will see Evan Almighty or not yet.

Joe Cervasio

Apr 16, 2008
many good comments from friends who saw it. I suppose it's expectations -- if you think it will be another "Anchorman," you will be disappointed.I'm interested in the variety of opinions here.