Evangelism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok here we go, the problem of division has been pointed out in many threads, but when it comes to forum group evangelism, spreading the good news to non-believers on these forums, everyone who is born again on these forums be should be unified in the message of "Jesus Christ and Him Only", we should not have one or two preaching the truth of Jesus, and a few try to push other forum members away from evangelizing, we should not have Christians taking sides against each other in those kind of threads and the same goes if you are involved in any other kind of group involved in evangelizing to non-believers.

Instead it should be the unified message of "Jesus Christ and Him only" that's being shared to non-Christians, in these sort of evangelism groups.

We should be sharing the good news in unity, that there is Power in Jesus, there is Power in the Gospel, that Jesus is God, He is the Son, He is the Father, He is the Holy Spirit, He is the Jesus that died for our sins on the cross and that whoever shall believe in Him, whoever shall follow Him, shall have eternal life in Heaven by the grace of God, He is the God of real miracles, signs and wonders, the Blood of Jesus washes our sins, Jesus helps us live clean, righteous lives through Him, He buried our sins in that tomb, He resurrected from the dead on the 3rd day, so that we may be given a NEW LIFE in Christ, He is the live risen God, who defeated Death at the Cross, who promised His Spirit, The Holy Spirit, and that promise has been fulfilled and He will one day come back. This is the stuff we should be sharing in those kinda threads, this is the stuff we should be agreeing on.

I hope you guys take this well.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok here we go, the problem of division has been pointed out in many threads, but when it comes to forum group evangelism, spreading the good news to non-believers on these forums, everyone who is born again on these forums be should be unified in the message of "Jesus Christ and Him Only", we should not have one or two preaching the truth of Jesus, and a few try to push other forum members away from evangelizing, we should not have Christians taking sides against each other in those kind of threads and the same goes if you are involved in any other kind of group involved in evangelizing to non-believers.

Instead it should be the unified message of "Jesus Christ and Him only" that's being shared to non-Christians, in these sort of evangelism groups.

We should be sharing the good news in unity, that there is Power in Jesus, there is Power in the Gospel, that Jesus is God, He is the Son, He is the Father, He is the Holy Spirit, He is the Jesus that died for our sins on the cross and that whoever shall believe in Him, whoever shall follow Him, shall have eternal life in Heaven by the grace of God, He is the God of real miracles, signs and wonders, the Blood of Jesus washes our sins, Jesus helps us live clean, righteous lives through Him, He buried our sins in that tomb, He resurrected from the dead on the 3rd day, so that we may be given a NEW LIFE in Christ, He is the live risen God, who defeated Death at the Cross, who promised His Spirit, The Holy Spirit, and that promise has been fulfilled and He will one day come back. This is the stuff we should be sharing in those kinda threads, this is the stuff we should be agreeing on.

The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you clarify the above in bold it sounds like modalism, not Trinitarianism. Thank you !

PS- everything else is great in your post.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
On a doctrinal note, I do think that according to the NT, it's the Gospel that is really the rule of the believer's life rather than the law... (Hebrews 7, etc.)

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without understanding or accepting the gospel is about the soon-coming Kingdom of God and that this Kingdom is literal, that kind of unity cannot and will not exist in the professing Christian world. At the very root of all the doctrinal disunity is the fact that people don't understand or don't want to accept what the gospel is.

Every professing Christian on the planet can talk about Christ being crucified, the miracles Christ performed, Christ being the Messiah, and so on, but they are still preaching another Jesus and another gospel if they're not talking about the same gospel and doctrines Christ and the other apostles proclaimed. Focusing on teaching things professing Christians can agree with is not a solution, especially because the apostles didn't do that. They exposed false teachings for what they were while teaching the truth, regardless of how disagreeable that may have been to people practicing counterfeit Christianity.
On a doctrinal note, I do think that according to the NT, it's the Gospel that is really the rule of the believer's life rather than the law... (Hebrews 7, etc.)
God's laws are part of the gospel. Even under the former covenant, the gospel and law were a package deal, as Paul clearly taught:

"For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it." - Heb. 4:2

That same verse explains why the adherents of Orthodox Christianity fail to understand or believe the true gospel to this day: it all stems from religious people's desire to separate the person of Christ from everything He taught and commanded.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Without understanding or accepting the gospel is about the soon-coming Kingdom of God and that this Kingdom is literal, that kind of unity cannot and will not exist in the professing Christian world. At the very root of all the doctrinal disunity is the fact that people don't understand or don't want to accept what the gospel is.

Every professing Christian on the planet can talk about Christ being crucified, the miracles Christ performed, Christ being the Messiah, and so on, but they are still preaching another Jesus and another gospel if they're not talking about the same gospel and doctrines Christ and the other apostles proclaimed. Focusing on teaching things professing Christians can agree with is not a solution, especially because the apostles didn't do that. They exposed false teachings for what they were while teaching the truth, regardless of how disagreeable that may have been to people practicing counterfeit Christianity.God's laws are part of the gospel. Even under the former covenant, the gospel and law were a package deal, as Paul clearly taught:

"For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it." - Heb. 4:2

That same verse explains why the adherents of Orthodox Christianity fail to understand or believe the true gospel to this day: it all stems from religious people's desire to separate the person of Christ from everything He taught and commanded.
I do see from Hebrews 7.12 that the law was changed and what we now have is better than the law (Hebrews 7.19).

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do see from Hebrews 7.12 that the law was changed and what we now have is better than the law (Hebrews 7.19).
If it really is better then God really will expect more from us, right? Would that not then do away with the idea of once save always saved as God is certainly no respecter of persons?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If it really is better then God really will expect more from us, right? Would that not then do away with the idea of once save always saved as God is certainly no respecter of persons?
...but I would not minimize the work of Christ in effectively saving the true believer, if that believer can supposedly be lost.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...but I would not minimize the work of Christ in effectively saving the true believer, if that believer can supposedly be lost.
You are the one that compared the way of the OT under law with the way in the NT. I only pointed out the conclusion I see from what you said. God is no respecter of persons as stated in both the OT and the NT.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You are the one that compared the way of the OT under law with the way in the NT. I only pointed out the conclusion I see from what you said. God is no respecter of persons as stated in both the OT and the NT.
We are probably looking at it from different angles, then...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Different angles, but the same picture? Is our vision improving?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12