Ever have a supernatural experience?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ever have a supernatural experience?

• A. Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • B. No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awesome! Can you describe what you saw?
I can.

During a praise and worship service in a Full Gospel Church we all had our eyes closed and our hands raised. I sensed a voice saying to me to open my eyes (I was already facing upward). I opened my eyes and saw shimmering waves of heat like you see at the end of a long road on a hot sunny day coming down from the ceiling. The instant it made it to the tops of the heads of the people in the congregation everyone exploded in tongues at the same instant. It wasn't until many years later that I made the connection between how the Holy Spirit came down as cloves of fire over the heads of the disciples on the Day of Pentecost and what I saw.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can.

During a praise and worship service in a Full Gospel Church we all had our eyes closed and our hands raised. I sensed a voice saying to me to open my eyes (I was already facing upward). I opened my eyes and saw shimmering waves of heat like you see at the end of a long road on a hot sunny day coming down from the ceiling. The instant it made it to the tops of the heads of the people in the congregation everyone exploded in tongues at the same instant. It wasn't until many years later that I made the connection between how the Holy Spirit came down as cloves of fire over the heads of the disciples on the Day of Pentecost and what I saw.
Oh wow! How awesome is that?!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll add one.

I was in the kitchen making dinner, mincing onions. I've got this little technique of slice and turn, then slice and turn, and slice, leaving perfect little cubes, except I was bothered that the top row wasn't perfect.

Then it was as though I were at a long table, some sort of instructional setting, and the instructor walked up, looked at what I was doing, said, That's pretty good! Here, let me show you something. And the next cut I made, my hand moved in a different way, first slicing back slightly, then making the cut, leaving every minced cube perfect! And that was it. And I thought to myself, how neat! Cooking tips from God! I finished my chopping, though wondering, how much better would I be able to do with some new really sharp knives? And the next day at the company Christmas party, I won the raffle, a new set of Cuisinart kitchen knives.

God cares about the little stuff too!

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody who's a Born Again Christian has had the Supernatural experience of being indwelled by the Holy Spirit and having everything change.
I'm not sure that's true.
For most Christians it seems the indwelling Holy Spirit is just a matter of factual knowledge, not a tangible reality in their lives. Most don't want to even hear about that and get mad when you talk to them about it.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is bringing back some things that I haven't thought about in years. God was very gracious to me in regard to the supernatural in the first few years of my Christian life. I think the key for the whole thing is fellowshipping in a church that knows about and believes in the gifts of the Spirit, and seeks contact with Him. I thank God that he started me out in a church like that.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll add one.

I was in the kitchen making dinner, mincing onions. I've got this little technique of slice and turn, then slice and turn, and slice, leaving perfect little cubes, except I was bothered that the top row wasn't perfect.

Then it was as though I were at a long table, some sort of instructional setting, and the instructor walked up, looked at what I was doing, said, That's pretty good! Here, let me show you something. And the next cut I made, my hand moved in a different way, first slicing back slightly, then making the cut, leaving every minced cube perfect! And that was it. And I thought to myself, how neat! Cooking tips from God! I finished my chopping, though wondering, how much better would I be able to do with some new really sharp knives? And the next day at the company Christmas party, I won the raffle, a new set of Cuisinart kitchen knives.

God cares about the little stuff too!

Much love!
I love it....even the smallest thing He considers.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure that's true.
For most Christians it seems the indwelling Holy Spirit is just a matter of factual knowledge, not a tangible reality in their lives. Most don't want to even hear about that and get mad when you talk to them about it.

Which would indicate that they've never REALLY been born again of the Holy Spirit, and are, in fact, only "Religious Christians" i.e. "Tares" in the congregation. Hopefully at some point they're convicted of their SIN by the Holy Spirit, surrender, repent, and call out to God in FAITH for Jesus' SIN OFFERING to be made theirs.

Reactions: Pearl

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My pastor recently said that in his life he is only sure that God spoke to him about 2 things - and that was after becoming a pastor. A friend of mine, a Catholic for 5 decades said he never experienced the Holy Spirit talking to him.

So, that got me wondering. How many here don't have a supernatural experience compared to those who do?
I not only had supernatural experiences, but more importantly my life played out in my relationships the same way that of God's with Israel. For most people, a supernatural experience means a dramatic healing and what not. Well, Praise God! But when I look at the mind of God and what the bible means (as Sir Isaac Newton did), the EVENTS that occurred in my life reflecting biblical history is far more telling. Even the names I named my boys I later discovered followed biblical history. And before anyone says I subconsciously did that, my wife actually chosen the names which I went along with. While she is a Christian, she is not as well versed to know to do that! God is indeed in control. And to summarize, I learned it's not about ME, and what God does for ME, but rather to vindicate His Word. It's about HIM. I don't want a supernatural miracle. I want it all to glorify the LORD.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I not only had supernatural experiences, but more importantly my life played out in my relationships the same way that of God's with Israel. For most people, a supernatural experience means a dramatic healing and what not. Well, Praise God! But when I look at the mind of God and what the bible means (as Sir Isaac Newton did), the EVENTS that occurred in my life reflecting biblical history is far more telling. Even the names I named my boys I later discovered followed biblical history. And before anyone says I subconsciously did that, my wife actually chosen the names which I went along with. While she is a Christian, she is not as well versed to know to do that! God is indeed in control. And to summarize, I learned it's not about ME, and what God does for ME, but rather to vindicate His Word. It's about HIM. I don't want a supernatural miracle. I want it all to glorify the LORD.
Amen!

There is something amazing when you are reading through the Bible, and you realize that this history, or this teaching, or Psalm, or whatever part it is, is describing the personal details of your life, or you mind at the moment, or the confusing mixture of emotions, and you remember,

God knew how you would read His Word on that particular day, when He wrote it. He wrote it to you, and sends His Holy Spirit to make certain you receive His message, sometimes so personal and detailed, there is just no other explanation than that the Creator God knows you, and is amazing in His ability to reveal Himself personally to us.

Much love!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw heavenly Father and heavenly Mother. The vision was two white spirits. And I was filled with the Holy Spirit at that time.
There is no heavenly mother.

Sounds like you got in touch with the wrong spirit.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody who's a Born Again Christian has had the Supernatural experience of being indwelled by the Holy Spirit and having everything change.
As Sid Roth says, Christianity is naturally supernatural.

I’ve had some Baptist friends at work, and surprisingly found that even they know about the Holy Spirit presence that is tangible at times.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which would indicate that they've never REALLY been born again of the Holy Spirit, and are, in fact, only "Religious Christians" i.e. "Tares" in the congregation. Hopefully at some point they're convicted of their SIN by the Holy Spirit, surrender, repent, and call out to God in FAITH for Jesus' SIN OFFERING to be made theirs.

Repentance is absolutely necessary for salvation, but today many deceivers are teaching that no repentance is necessary, or that it’s automatically included in having faith, which it is NOT.

Therefore many who believe aren’t saved, and aren’t born again.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance is absolutely necessary for salvation, but today many deceivers are teaching that no repentance is necessary, or that it’s automatically included in having faith, which it is NOT.

Therefore many who believe aren’t saved, and aren’t born again.

And it isn't ABOUT "Belief" anyway. It's about FAITH which possesses SUBSTANCE, and is an EVIDENCE of what's not seen (Heb 11:1). There's no "Substance" to belief (mental assent), and it's not an "evidence" of anything other than what you feel at the time. Saving FAITH is Gifted by God to those He draws to Jesus (Eph 2:8,9)

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it isn't ABOUT "Belief" anyway. It's about FAITH which possesses SUBSTANCE, and is an EVIDENCE of what's not seen (Heb 11:1). There's no "Substance" to belief (mental assent), and it's not an "evidence" of anything other than what you feel at the time. Saving FAITH is Gifted by God to those He draws to Jesus (Eph 2:8,9)
Faith is available to all who hear the word of God preached Romans 10 17, and then we have a choice whether to accept the drawing of the Holy Spirit, or to resist the Holy Spirit, as Jesus’ own whom He came for did, Acts 7:51-52, and John 1:11.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My pastor recently said that in his life he is only sure that God spoke to him about 2 things - and that was after becoming a pastor. A friend of mine, a Catholic for 5 decades said he never experienced the Holy Spirit talking to him.

So, that got me wondering. How many here don't have a supernatural experience compared to those who do?
Man's fascination with the supernatural becomes a trap for his hurt.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I think it's more than a fascination; can we call it a longing for the supernatural? Don't we long to hear from God?
Wouldn't you agree that everything concerning God is supernatural? He spoke and everything became as He spoke it....He
Parted the water, flooded the earth, spoke to Moses through a burning bush.
It's only natural to expect a manifestation from God to be supernatural.
Heb 11 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
² For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
³ By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

In my opinion all physical, tangible things that exist are subject to the supernatural power of God or it wouldn't exist.
No one can ever convince me that the supernatural doesn't exist today...that is the very essence of what God is...as well as experiencing it personally.

Reactions: Keturah and Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sometimes I think it's more than a fascination; can we call it a longing for the supernatural? Don't we long to hear from God?
Is that supernatural?...he communicates with us in his Word?