Ever have a supernatural experience?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ever have a supernatural experience?

• A. Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • B. No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wouldn't you agree that everything concerning God is supernatural? He spoke and everything became as He spoke it....He
Parted the water, flooded the earth, spoke to Moses through a burning bush.
It's only natural to expect a manifestation from God to be supernatural.
Heb 11 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
² For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
³ By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

In my opinion all physical, tangible things that exist are subject to the supernatural power of God or it wouldn't exist.
No one can ever convince me that the supernatural doesn't exist today...that is the very essence of what God is...as well as experiencing it personally.
I doubt thats what Wrangler had in mind when he asked the question this thread is based on.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can.

During a praise and worship service in a Full Gospel Church we all had our eyes closed and our hands raised. I sensed a voice saying to me to open my eyes (I was already facing upward). I opened my eyes and saw shimmering waves of heat like you see at the end of a long road on a hot sunny day coming down from the ceiling. The instant it made it to the tops of the heads of the people in the congregation everyone exploded in tongues at the same instant. It wasn't until many years later that I made the connection between how the Holy Spirit came down as cloves of fire over the heads of the disciples on the Day of Pentecost and what I saw.
There will be 'supernatural' manifestations as Jesus return gets closer......many, amongst those claiming to be Christian will be counterfeit ie, claiming God as their origin when they are not.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Wouldn't you agree that everything concerning God is supernatural? He spoke and everything became as He spoke it....He
Parted the water, flooded the earth, spoke to Moses through a burning bush.
It's only natural to expect a manifestation from God to be supernatural.
Heb 11 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
² For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
³ By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

In my opinion all physical, tangible things that exist are subject to the supernatural power of God or it wouldn't exist.
No one can ever convince me that the supernatural doesn't exist today...that is the very essence of what God is...as well as experiencing it personally.
@Heart2Soul The funny thing is that it seems popular for ppl to look for the supernatural, but then to ignore what Scripture records about the power of God in Creation, in birth of the Lord Jesus, in redemption, in the Resurrection...

Degas

Mar 28, 2022
Lourdes, France
shaktilence.com
Faith
Christian
Country
France
There will be 'supernatural' manifestations as Jesus return gets closer......many, amongst those claiming to be Christian will be counterfeit ie, claiming God as their origin when they are not.
Indeed! Some supernatural experiences are given by luciferian entities. The difference between a christic experience and a luciferian one lies in peace and love. Luciferian entities can give visions or deliver messages but they cannot bestow peace and love.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Jesuslove

Mar 31, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
Bahrain
When I was 7 years old, I saw my grandfather who had died two weeks earlier, came back to say goodbye. Since then, I have been forced to consider these experiences in my life.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When I was 7 years old, I saw my grandfather who had died two weeks earlier, came back to say goodbye. Since then, I have been forced to consider these experiences in my life.
You can be certain Jesuslove, that whatever you saw was a masquerade of your grandfather and certainly not your grandfather. The devil throws wobbly's like this to disorient the uninformed. At 7 yrs old you were a prime candidate.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When I couldn't sleep one day in the middle of the night, I turned on the monitor in the study and found that my computer turned on by itself, and after about ten minutes it suddenly turned off by itself, and I stared at the monitor for a while and it suddenly turned on again! I shivered and sent a message to my roommate who lives next door, but he apparently slept too deeply and did not wake up, and I did not dare to leave the room, so I lowered my voice to call him, and finally got through on the third time! I told him about the spooky incident in the living room and agreed to go out together to check it out, and when we finally got up the courage and came to the living room with our "weapons" (pillows), we found my cat lying on the computer mainframe under the table, and it turned out that its paws kept pressing the boot button. I think this is a very memorable "paranormal experience" for me.
:):)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sometimes I think it's more than a fascination; can we call it a longing for the supernatural? Don't we long to hear from God?
God is constantly knocking at our door. It is our ears which are dull and our hearts which are stubborn.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I couldn't sleep one day in the middle of the night, I turned on the monitor in the study and found that my computer turned on by itself, and after about ten minutes it suddenly turned off by itself, and I stared at the monitor for a while and it suddenly turned on again! I shivered and sent a message to my roommate who lives next door, but he apparently slept too deeply and did not wake up, and I did not dare to leave the room, so I lowered my voice to call him, and finally got through on the third time! I told him about the spooky incident in the living room and agreed to go out together to check it out, and when we finally got up the courage and came to the living room with our "weapons" (pillows), we found my cat lying on the computer mainframe under the table, and it turned out that its paws kept pressing the boot button. I think this is a very memorable "paranormal experience" for me.
Don't leave the kittens out of the fun:
two-kittens-laptop-computer-books-male-orange-tabby-kitten-looking-miniature-type-female-calico-tortie-sitting-behind-71290629.jpg

Reactions: Lambano

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As others have intimated, not all supernatural experiences are of God. I have seen demons, and I have seen holy angels. With the demons there came also fear... Hair raising skin tingling type stuff...which the holy Spirit turned into anger giving me the strength to resist. With the angels came encouragement, and on one occasion, a life saving miracle in traffic.
But miracles, life changing miracles, where the natural and normal things of this life are supernaturally altered ( no physical or temporal possibility) in such a way that your hopes and walk with Jesus are realized and confirmed... Those are the ones we should cherish and remember. But the "feel good" extravagant happy times type experiences need discernment. The devil would love that we rely on the supernatural to confirm that God loves us. Then he can counterfeit all day long and we will never question.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dead don't come back beware of the trickery of the Devil, and be careful what you accept into your home, when things like this happen renounce Satan and all of his false promises and pray the Lords Prayer and say the name of Lord, Christ and Savior Jesus.

Reactions: Dropship
Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dead don't come back beware of the trickery of the Devil, and be careful what you accept into your home, when things like this happen renounce Satan and all of his false promises and pray the Lords Prayer and say the name of Lord, Christ and Savior Jesus.
I guess Lazareth didn't get the memo then? Chkl:

J/k...:Broadly:

Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is SUPERNATURAL.
We do not see nor touch him physically but our faith in him brings us into his heavenly realm.
To believe in something you neither see nor touch is not the norm in any world and unless the whole of a large group of folks have a mental disorder, auditory, scents in our olfactory, spiritual visuals and other things are possible.

I encourage self awareness. If all is well mentally or not, try the spirits to see if they are of God! In discernment with a Spirit filled vessel, you will not be deceived!

Remember Satan to is an angel of light but God is not a God of confusion, chaos nor disorder!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Agreed, in fact if my dead relatives all appeared to me in spirit form, I'd tell them "Clear off, you're just demons pretending to be them so that you can get an invitation from me to enter our world"..:)
PS- another trick they use is to pretend to be a lost little child (usually a little girl) saying "help me...help me.." to trick us into talking to it.
It happens all the time in paranormal investigation TV shows.

Last edited:

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, my spiritual experiences have only left me with more questions than answers. Every time I prayed about them, God just indicated in one form or another that He is working in my favor and I won't receive answers just yet.