Ever notice the shape of the cross?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
It is in the shape of a sword.

There are two kinds of swords.

One is the sword that literally sheds man's blood to kill the flesh and brings death.

But the sWord of the Spirit which is the Word of God and is the chosen weapon of God for His people also kills the flesh, but in a humane way that brings LIFE.

God did ordained both of these ministers of the sword, but He is hoping to only have to use the Spiritual Sword on us for His Word is the Love of God for us to Live by and not taste death.

When we allow His spiritual sWord of choice to penetrate our fleshly hearts, then there will be no need for the flesh to experience the natural sword.

Mar 8, 2013
i have only dseen that comparison made by athiests who denegrate the cross. I dont think your comaprison has any place in Christianity. the early chruch Fathers never made it and neither did Paul or Aquinas or luther to my rememory.

Beanied648

Mar 28, 2013
Oregon
The cross /tree, was THE way thieves were crucified. I don't really believe this was any more or less than what it was. The life He gave up is a whole differentstory. Blessings

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Just thinking with you outside the box....the 'sword' is upside down and in the ground, like a sword thrown down once the battle is over.

dripping yellow madness said:
i have only dseen that comparison made by athiests who denegrate the cross.
Hi, care to explain how and why they do and would please. I have not come across this.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
dripping yellow madness said:
i have only dseen that comparison made by athiests who denegrate the cross. I dont think your comaprison has any place in Christianity. the early chruch Fathers never made it and neither did Paul or Aquinas or luther to my rememory.
As I said, the Father wishes that all would come to repentance and not suffer physical punishment which is represented by the natural sword. But rather we are a ministering teacher of God's Word which only uses the spiritual sWord for Peace or we are ordained as a minister for God as a Peace officer that must use force physically both swords are of God. Jesus is the Word of God that proceedeth from the Father's mouth to create or strike down as the Father wills.
Again there are two types of Rod, there is the spiritual Word/Christ who raises us up in our standards and there is the physical rod that you will receive when you reject the first Rod. Pharaoh learned this as God showed Moses concerning what happens when one rejects Christ(The Word) and refuses to submit, disease and waste and plagues enter into your peaceful existence for you have rejected to hear the Voice of the LORD Almighty.

Rom 13:1-4
13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
KJV
Eph 6:17
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
KJV
Rev 2:16
16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
KJV

When you understand what the cross really represents.. then you will be able to see why it is shaped like a sword. The Word died on the cross so that we could receive the Spirit of God and begin our CROSS-OVER from Death unto Life and just as Paul suffered much as he was moved by the Spirit to renew his way of thinking and doing, so do we suffer through trials, temptations as we are dying daily to our flesh man to become one with Christ(The Word) to grow into our new nature.
You choose which sword it takes to get you there... the Word of the Spirit to learn, or the physical for the Hard way?

When my mother was angry at me when I was young, all she had to do was show her disappointment in me and it crushed me into doing better. But my brother was a different story. You could tell him you were disappointed in him all day long and it did not phase him a bit, but the belt impressed him some.

KingJ said:
Just thinking with you outside the box....the 'sword' is upside down and in the ground, like a sword thrown down once the battle is over.

Hi, care to explain how and why they do and would please. I have not come across this.
True......The physical battle will be over and Christ will be the Victor, for every knee will bow to the Word to the glory of God. Yet the sWord of the Spirit will always be exalted upward now and in the new earth to come.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013

The cross is the sign of Tammaz Before the birth of Jesus, it was the sign of the sun God.
The Romans used to nail people to an upright stake…not a cross. The hands would be nailed above the head, and the legs broken so they could not hold their weight up. With the full weight on the hands, they would suffocate.
It is a degrading thing to teach Jesus died on the symbol of a false God. The Bible used to say, “Stake,” not cross.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
domenic said:

The cross is the sign of Tammaz Before the birth of Jesus, it was the sign of the sun God.
The Romans used to nail people to an upright stake…not a cross. The hands would be nailed above the head, and the legs broken so they could not hold their weight up. With the full weight on the hands, they would suffocate.
It is a degrading thing to teach Jesus died on the symbol of a false God. The Bible used to say, “Stake,” not cross.

So, how do you think Jesus died since not a bone was broken?
John 19:31-32
31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath

day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.

33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:

34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.

36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.
KJV
And did you notice that it was only after they had hung there that they came around to break the legs just to finish them off because it was Friday the day of preparation just before the Sabbath? So that does not support the story you heard about the legs being broken once they were on the cross.

Obviously the cross was made of a tree/wood and if you understand the story of when Abraham took Isaac to offer him up to God, the wood was placed upon Isaac's back and he probably held it behind his neck with both arms extended to hold it up as he carried it. So did Jesus!
Gen 22:5-6
5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you,
6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
KJV

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
afaithfulone4u said:
So, how do you think Jesus died since not a bone was broken?
John 19:31-32
31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath

day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:

34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.

36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.
KJV
And did you notice that it was only after they had hung there that they came around to break the legs just to finish them off because it was Friday the day of preparation just before the Sabbath? So that does not support the story you heard about the legs being broken once they were on the cross.

Obviously the cross was made of a tree/wood and if you understand the story of when Abraham took Isaac to offer him up to God, the wood was placed upon Isaac's back and he probably held it behind his neck with both arms extended to hold it up as he carried it. So did Jesus!
Gen 22:5-6
5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you,
6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
KJV
It was almost sundown, which was the start of the Passover/ The bodies had to be down by then...sto speed it up, they used a spear on Jesus. He may have died from the beatings he took.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
domenic said:
It was almost sundown, which was the start of the Passover/ The bodies had to be down by then...sto speed it up, they used a spear on Jesus. He may have died from the beatings he took.

But according to You, they were hung on the tree with hands above head and feet at the bottom and then the LEGS WERE broken so they would die of suffication.. isn't that what you said? Excuse me, you did not say the feet were nailed in your statement, but we know they were because Jesus showed his hands and feet to the disciples along with his side.
But we see from the TRUTH of scripture that none of the legs were broken UNTIL the end of the day and Jesus' were not broken at all to fulfill scripture. So who told you that they were nailed to the cross that way and the legs broken so that they would DIE of suffocation? It is not true if you believe God's Word. So if that was not true, what else do they teach that is not in the Bible? Are you JW?
Do you know why Eve was deceived? She received her Word of God second hand and not from God.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this idea is irrelivant and superstitious. the cross is the shape of a cross; depite how the crusaders believed.

no wonder bill maher makes fun of christians for seeing holy images in our food.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
aspen2 said:
this idea is irrelivant and superstitious. the cross is the shape of a cross; depite how the crusaders believed.

no wonder bill maher makes fun of christians for seeing holy images in our food.
Spiritual understanding is not the same as fantasy and the Bible is full of spiritual truths that the natural eye is blind to. Jesus told us that!

However, Your signature is correct... Jesus taught NON VIOLENCE and I am not for any follower of Christ to pledge their allegiance to any military or punishing authority on this earth.
Luke 3:14
14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.
KJV

But God is the one who ordained ALL governing authorities for fallen man needs PEACE officers and evil needs to be dealt with. It is God's Word that tells us that ministers of the natural sword are as much a part of God for judgments purposes as the minister of the Word who brings the spiritual Rod for correction to the CHILDREN of God to keep them far from receiving the wrath of a physical sword. Don't get me wrong, they WORK for God but that does not mean they KNOW God or call Him Lord, for we know that the rulers of this world have drifted far from God's Word and they rule just as we have sown in our children for our children grow up in the manner that we have taught them and they will rule over others.

Rom 13:1-6
13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
KJV

Know that those who go to the physical sword for the most part, are not the children of God but the children of disobedience for they are unruly, lawless, disobedient, anti-Christ for they are still following their flesh that gets them to sin. They may in man's eyes appear to be GOOD PEOPLE even heros... but the fact is they have a willing heart to kill, lie, cheat, steal, fornicate, adultery, idolatry etc..... and these clearly have not the Spirit of God in them for God's Spirit does not teach us to do such things.
1 John 3:9-10
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
KJV

God knows good and evil and is for ever fighting for us against evil, to keep those who are GOOD in perfect Peace... so pray for the Peace of Jerusalem to reign in your heart so that you do not get handed over to the tormentors of the physical sword.

Gen 3:22
22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
KJV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cross represents the transition by crossing over from spiritual death unto spiritual life or dying to our flesh and becoming alive in the Spirit. Rather it be by the sword as in punishment for stumbling in our Christian walk being unfaithful the Christ by sinning, war, or persecution for the Word or perhaps martyerdom
Luke 9:23
23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
KJV

Or TORTURE stake if you prefer... it really doesn't matter it is all for the same purpose to bring our flesh into submission to Christ CROSSING over from death unto life.

That is what happens to a true born again believer and it is a process. We must deny our flesh and submit to the Word and Spirit of God to become overcomers no longer led by the sinful nature. This is by the Spirit that we are taken into our wilderness walk to be tempted and tested by the devil for God is choosing out a people for Himself. Just as Jesus was led of the Spirit into his wilderness to be tempted and tested of the devil.
Matt 4:1
4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
KJV

When the Hebrews came out of Egypt, they too had to pass through the RED sea or war of the flesh verses the Spirit. We must go through this as well when we come out and separate ourselves from Egypt and then into our wilderness walk to find our path to life. We shall go through trials and tribulations in life as God prunes us to make us fruitful for His kingdom that burn and cuts away the flesh man that holds us back from living by the Spirit.
We may be put in harms way or prison, physically and mentally just a Joseph was when God was raising him up to be second in command to Pharaoh. Our wilderness walk is where we begin to learn HOW to walk IN the WORD/CHRIST to be one with the him to walk as he did and to prove our self faithful to God's Word to be worthy of being called a child of God.