Evil in the World - why do we suffer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminds me of the story of the prodigal son.
We all go our own way while we go through life.
The goal is to find our way home.
There are those who put themselves through hell,
and then their are those who are dragged through hell, through no fault of their own.
I believe the latter will find more consolation, more peace and healing,
then those who made their own choices.

There are all levels of suffering. From internal/emotional to external/physical.

In my Father's house are many mansions. I go and prepare a place for you.

Each individual with their own unique experience...
the talents..
As the punishment fits the crime,
so the rewards fit the suffering.

As Dante's Inferno had levels down,
So Heaven has levels up.

For those who suffer,
Be strong, keep your sight forward.
Don't give up, and don't give in.
Have faith, Hope is alive.
And God has a mansion waiting just for you.
God Bless

Reactions: TLHKAJ

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love your video clip AJ. It is so uplifting and what all true Christians need to focus on in this evil world. We are truly Blessed indeed and look forward to our reward in the Holy City!

I was going to plaster a post on the evil side of things, an 'in your face' article. However I think you might not appreciate it on your thread. I guess I will add it to another existing thread that say Bobby J has already created. It speaks directly to Memorial Day in whatever country you live in, as those who dies are truly victims and not really heroes of a nation. They are the true victims of Satan's ongoing wars with his people, yesterday and today....and who are his foot soldiers. I believe you know of some of this already.

Bless you,

APAK

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love your video clip AJ. It is so uplifting and what all true Christians need to focus on in this evil world. We are truly Blessed indeed and look forward to our reward in the Holy City!

I was going to plaster a post on the evil side of things, an 'in your face' article. However I think you might not appreciate it on your thread. I guess I will add it to another existing thread that say Bobby J has already created. It speaks directly to Memorial Day in whatever country you live in, as those who dies are truly victims and not really heroes of a nation. They are the true victims of Satan's ongoing wars with his people, yesterday and today....and who are his foot soldiers. I believe you know of some of this already.

Bless you,

APAK
Yes, I know about suffering. As you know, I share a lot about the realities of Satan's evil system that works in this world. It helps to see God's overall plan and purpose.
I'll look for your post.
Blessings to you!

PS ....I'm glad you enjoyed the clip. I have found others by this same ministry that I really liked.

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be free, we have the ability to do evil, to turn away from God, the true ground of who we are. Thus, the reality of evil and suffering is built into the very fabric.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Did you watch the video?
Yes I did thank you
That's why I said, it reminded me of the story of the prodigal son.
Lucifer made a choice to walk away.. and many followed with him.
It could be that there are some amongst us that are the lost sheep of those angels.
And maybe they realized they wanted to go home too.

I was listening to the book of Enoch the other night.
It said when the Sons of God mated with the daughters of men, they begat giants.
But these giants were part human and part angel. And they became known as evil spirits.
Not the original that followed Lucifer, but the offspring of them.
Maybe these are those we see Jesus casting out in the NT.
And maybe what we are seeing today as well.

Can these "children of the devil" also be reconciled to God?
I suppose Grace and Mercy and forgiveness is available for all who seek it.

The video begins with the world made perfect.. and God saw that it was good.
What happened after is we swallowed the big lie and followed after Satan.

But then on the other hand, there are things we must learn to increase in the image and likeness of God.
As the gentleman in the video talks about... empathy.
How can you know what another's pain feels like unless you have had some experience with it yourself?
So in a sense, suffering is a blessing because it helps us help eachother.
And at the end of the day, all suffering and pain will be forgotten.
All tears wiped from our eyes.
And we would have had the greatest gift of all..
Learning to love thy neighbor as thyself.

Thank you for sharing..
Hugs

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is a very good question maam, and of course the Bible answers it. It all started with the disobedience of Adam, which resulted in inherited sin for his offspring and death as well. Rom 5:12

Why does God allow it? For our everlasting benefit, as if He would have executed Adam and started again, likely the same thing would have happened again. Looking at the account, satan told Eve that she would be like God making her own choices rather than God making them for her.

So when Adam joined her, Jehovah handled it best by allowing them to be their own god. A very good illustration given to explain it was to picture a classroom. A student disagrees with the teacher on a point, so the teacher has choices to make, sure he can send him to the principles office, but no doubt some in the class would agree with the rebellious student, so the teacher determines the best way to handle it would be to let the student prove his case and hands him the chalk.

Similarly, God granted their request and butted out, knowing full well the outcome, the world we are living in today, with suffering and injustice. So He has allowed man to rule over himself, and will do so until we take it to the point of extinction, and then will send His forces to remove the wicked and preserve the righteous Mat 24:22

Hope that helps maam.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suffering Necessary part of Salvation!

Heb 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

He is our model in everything!

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: