EX-NUNCIO-s HOT LETTER NEEDS WATER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To:

Dr. William A. Donohue
President and CEO of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights
Re: EX Nuncio Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò

Dear Bill,

Debunking the Philadelpha 'grand jury' Report had me wishing your report was printed in full context in all the media, but we know that will never happen.

EX Nuncio Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò's letter accuses the Pope and the Roman Cura of coverups. It has the media delirious, including too may Catholic news sources. We want to know what the Pope knows. When asked about the letter, the Pope said, "The letter speaks for itself."

What is an ex-high ranking Vatican diplomat doing, playing patti-cake with an enemy of the Church??? Richard Sipe is mentioned in the letter THREE TIMES. The connection needs highlighting.

Pg. 2, 2nd paragraph.
Subsequently, around April 21-23, 2008, the Statement for Pope Benedict XVI about the pattern of sexual abuse crisis in the United States, by Richard Sipe, was published on the internet, at richardsipe.com. On April 24, it was passed on by the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Cardinal William Levada, to the Cardinal Secretary of State Tarcisio Bertone. It was delivered to me one month later, on May 24, 2008.

About Sipe:
PAT ROBERTSON LECTURES CATHOLIC CHURCH

PAT ROBERTSON HOSTS CHURCH CRITIC
page 2, 3rd paragraph:

I summarized Richard Sipe’s document, which ended with this​
respectful and heartfelt appeal to Pope Benedict XVI...

page 3, 3rd paragraph:
But finally I learned with certainty, through Cardinal Giovanni Battista Re, then-Prefect of the​
Congregation for Bishops, that Richard Sipe’s courageous and meritorious Statement had had the desired result.
Pope Benedict had imposed on Cardinal McCarrick sanctions similar to those now imposed on him by Pope Francis: the Cardinal was to leave the seminary where he was living, he was forbidden to celebrate [Mass] in public, to participate in public meetings, to give lectures, to travel,with the obligation of dedicating himself to a life of prayer and penance.​
"that Richard Sipe’s courageous and meritorious Statement" ?????
It gets worse...

page 5 of 11, bottom 3 paragraphs.

Cardinal Wuerl also clearly lied on another occasion. Following a morally unacceptable event authorized by the academic authorities of Georgetown University.0

I brought it to the attention of its President, Dr.John DeGioia, sending him two subsequent letters. Before forwarding them to the addressee, so as to handle things properly, I personally gave a copy of them to the Cardinal with an accompanying letter I have written. The Cardinal told me that he knew nothing about it. However, he failed to acknowledge receipt of my two letters, contrary to what he customarily did. I subsequently learned that the event at Georgetown had taken place for seven years. But the Cardinal knew nothing about it!​
The ex-nuncio gets his information from an embittered ex-priest, a psycho-ologist, and the nuncio calls Cardinal Wuerl a liar??? The Pope is right, the letter speaks for itself.

Sincerely,
epostle, CB

I will be writing up a petition to the bishop pending the proof-reading of my pastor.

Last edited: