Executions...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh, you must have thought this was important. And why would you be shocked about executing murderers and such?
Canada hanged 710 people from the time capital punishment was made law in 1859 unto 1967 when a moratorium was put on the death penalty. It was officially abolished by their parliament in 1976. That's roughly 6 people every year for 108 years hanged under Canadian law while the death penalty was applicable.
In America to this day there are very few states that have capital punishment laws that afford hanging as an option.

As to the Federal prison executions during Trump's term. Federal courts prosecute Federal crimes. The death penalty applies to Federal crimes committed in all 50 states. This is not the same as state court prosecutions. Only those states that have the death penalty exact execution as part of that penalty process.

And while I am against the death penalty, because the risk of sentencing an innocent wrongly convicted person to the ultimate price is too great, it is Better the guilty go free than one innocent be wrongly convicted and killed.

However, since the DP is in place in federal prosecutions have we thought to consider what crimes received the ultimate penalty?
Let's take Lisa Montgomery as a for instance.
Montgomery murdered Bobbie Jo Stinnett in 1981. Bobbie Jo was a 23 year old woman who was pregnant and thought herself safe at home in Missouri. She wasn't. Montgomery broke into Bobbie Jo's home, strangled her to death, and then carved open her stomach and stole her baby girl.
The baby girl was found alive and safe in the custody of Montgomery, who was 36 at the time, when she was arrested. Her charge and cause for execution was, federal kidnapping resulting in death. She was executed via lethal injection on January 13th.

Remember those hanging stat's for Canada? There have been but 50 Federal executions carried out in all of America since 1927.

BOP: Federal Executions

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One reason I hate media is how they imply things with the way they word it.
In Trump’s final days, a rush of federal executions
Notice how it says in Trump's final days....
But let's take a look into it deeper...

They ....(who is they?)....make Mr Trump the country's most prolific execution president in more than a century, overseeing the executions of 13 death row inmates since July of this year.....(this statement is grossly misleading)

The five executions began with convicted killer 40-year-old Brandon Bernard who was put to death at a penitentiary in Terre Haute, Indiana. They ended with the death of Dustin Higgs, 48, at the same site on 16 January.

Attorney General William Barr has said his justice department is simply upholding existing law. But critics have said the move is concerning, coming just weeks before Mr Biden - who has said he will seek to end the death penalty - takes office.

Barr is the one speaking here

Image copyrightDREW ANGERER

_115978083_barr.jpg

Image captionAttorney General Barr has ordered five executions during the presidential transition period

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/16/us-executions-decline/

Excerpt:
One driver in these trends is the federal government, which conducted more executions in the past six months of 2020 than under any other president in the 20th or 21st century, the DPIC reported. Until this year, there had not been a federal execution since 2003. Last year, Attorney General William P. Barr announced plans to resume federal executions, using a new lethal-injection procedure, one requiring only the drug pentobarbital. Barr’s original schedule was blocked by court challenges to the lethal-injection procedure, which was eventually upheld.

Again Barr is the one who was in charge of the department of justice.

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this information this morning... I posted this on another thread but thought I would start my own. I wonder how many people are aware of this. I was personally shocked.

President Donald Trump’s Justice Department resumed federal executions last year following a 17-year hiatus. No president in more than 120 years had overseen as many federal executions. (Source: Politico).

The Trump administration together with the Justice Department, has scheduled five prisoner executions before President-elect Joe Biden’s 20th January inauguration, breaking the 130-year-old precedent of halting prisoner executions during a presidential transition.

And if all executions take place, Trump will be the country’s most prolific execution president in more than a century, overseeing the executions of 13 death row inmates since 2020 July. (Source: Newsweek).

Since Trump authorised the resumption of federal executions, which began again in July 2020, the US government has applied the death penalty to 12 people.

This number means that the Trump administration has executed more American civilians than all of the states combined - the first time this has happened in US history. (Source: The Scotsman )

"No-one has ever attempted to carry out so many executions at the federal level," he said. "No-one in modern American history has attempted to carry out so many executions in such a short period of time... and no-one has done so in a manner that so closely disregards the rule of law." (Source: Newsweek).
How many annual executions of unborn babies are there again - isn't it ~1 million per year. China joe and the Ho are now also planning to 'codify' abortion rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.