Explanations for Phenomenon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
One example is a statistician said the probability of life occurring by chance is the same as a lightning bolt striking A junkyard and when the smoke clears finding a fully functional B-52.
This is really apples and oranges. Just because something is highly improbable does not mean that it is not common. Meaning highly improbable things happen everyday. If I have 100 die and roll them the result will be highly improbable but that same low probability will happen every roll.

Anyway however you want to look at it, we cannot just assume a creator without sufficient evidence. Maybe there is a mechanism for life starting that we don't know about. You need to give sufficient evidence for a creator before it can be accepted.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is really apples and oranges. Just because something is highly improbable does not mean that it is not common. Meaning highly improbable things happen everyday. If I have 100 die and roll them the result will be highly improbable but that same low probability will happen every roll.

Anyway however you want to look at it, we cannot just assume a creator without sufficient evidence. Maybe there is a mechanism for life starting that we don't know about. You need to give sufficient evidence for a creator before it can be accepted.
Yet you assume Evolution without proof.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's funny , made me recall a conversation I had with someone who believed evolution & considered UFO's a real possibility but the story in Genesis too much of a stretch for them. I laughed and said "Interesting!! those who will scoff at the Bible story of Creation & Christian Gospel that Jesus is the son of God, born to pay the price for sins of all who would believe in Him, but they think believing in a planet being "seeded with DNA" by space ship flying extra-terrestrials from another solar system is completely Believable! LOL!! :p:rolleyes::D:cool:

Reactions: Helen

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Your arguments do not mean sciences is truth. That science should get the benefit of the doubt.
Science should not get the benefit of the doubt. That is the entire idea of science and how we do it. That the results are verifiable by anyone and reviewed by fellow experts.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's funny , made me recall a conversation I had with someone who believed evolution & considered UFO's a real possibility but the story in Genesis too much of a stretch for them. I laughed and said "Interesting!! those who will scoff at the Bible story of Creation & Christian Gospel that Jesus is the son of God, born to pay the price for sins of all who would believe in Him, but they think believing in a planet being "seeded with DNA" by space ship flying extra-terrestrials from another solar system is completely Believable! LOL!! :p:rolleyes::D:cool:
Amazing but true.

Reactions: tzcho2

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is that science has lead to the discovery of vaccines, farming techniques, medical equipment etc. as well as horrendous things such as bombs, nerve gasses etc. Where has any theist made a significant discovery that changes the world only due to their theistic writings?

You have not given me any reason to believe you over others that say something different about the nature of god.

1. Yeah, whoopdy doo, those extremes have produced no net gain. If you think that wrong, just look at the animals.

You are also wrong about theist, on two accounts: First, theists don't make discoveries, not really. It is God who reveals all things in his perfect timing. Second, it is theist who carry the water of truth from God to their fellow man.

2. I am not trying to convince you. If there is a deficit, it is on your part. You should be able to see the difference, it's a personal matter for every individual.

Reactions: amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Science should not get the benefit of the doubt. That is the entire idea of science and how we do it. That the results are verifiable by anyone and reviewed by fellow experts.
But evolution And creation have been verified by no one.

They refuse to look at anything by other than an atheistic lens.

Those that do are creationists and scorned.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing but true.
Thanks to the Lord, the look on their face revealed- that the light of truth exposed the silliness of their old stance & it began to shatter the old deceptive beliefs about origin.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
No I don't. But that is beside the point. If evolution were untrue it would not indicate a god or not. Whether a god exists has nothing to do if evolution is true or not.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
But evolution And creation have been verified by no one.

They refuse to look at anything by other than an atheistic lens.

Those that do are creationists and scorned.
Not true. Do you have evidence of this?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Evolutionary scientists an atheist sciences reject God and the Bible out of hand. They do not even consider it worth considering.

Besides, cannot test for God in laboratory.
That's because as you say how do you test for god? It is not science. There have been numerous experiments on prayer with all concluding that it has no effect other than a placebo effect on some.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because many of the things science claims it explains it does not.

It is not explained the existence of the universe.

It does not explain the statistical impossibility of life occurring by accident.

It does not explain how the walls of Jericho in defiance of science.

It is not explaining how moths and butterflies can exist.

It is not explained duckbilled platypus.

And a whole lot more.

It also doesn't explain how one gets something from nothing..