Eyewitness. Non-eyewitness. Which one is the truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Xhavon

Oct 21, 2014
Eye witness and an Apostle of Christ

Matthew 27:
41 Likewise the chief priests also, mocking with the scribes and elders, said,
42"He saved others; Himself He cannot save. If He is the King of Israel, let Him now come down from the cross, and we will believe Him.
43 He trusted in God; let Him deliver Him now if He will have Him; for He said, 'I am the Son of God.' "
44 Even the robbers who were crucified with Him reviled Him with the same thing.

Non-eyewitness

39Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, "If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us."
40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?
41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong."
42 Then he said to Jesus, "Lord,remember me when You come into Your kingdom."
43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."

How is it that none of the eye witnesses accounts to the crucifixion saw what Luke wrote in scripture???. Not Matthew or John or Peter or James or Jude? In fact Matthews account refutes it?

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
Xhavon said:

Matthew 27:
41 Likewise the chief priests also, mocking with the scribes and elders, said,
42"He saved others; Himself He cannot save. If He is the King of Israel, let Him now come down from the cross, and we will believe Him.
43 He trusted in God; let Him deliver Him now if He will have Him; for He said, 'I am the Son of God.' "
44 Even the robbers who were crucified with Him reviled Him with the same thing.

Non-eyewitness

39Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, "If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us."
40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?
41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong."
42 Then he said to Jesus, "Lord,remember me when You come into Your kingdom."
43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."
If you read [an English] translated Bible (Ahem, Babel/Babble?), you will learn from it (and the Holy Spirit?) that 2 malefactors/criminals were "crucified" (a [Turkish-]Latin Romanized word?) together with Jesus.

But if you read the Greek given text, you MIGHT be able to learn from it that 4 (2 malefactors and another 2 criminals) were staked together with Yehshua.

I hope you don't feel insulted by me; I did not translate those "strange" Bibles/Joke books. I am merely trying to evangelize the Gospel, which we all know is not really easy. Even Yehshua was himself rejected by the "Godly/religious" mass/believers.

Xhavon said:

How is it that none of the eye witnesses accounts to the crucifixion saw what Luke wrote in scripture???. Not Matthew or John or Peter or James or Jude? In fact Matthews account refutes it?
It has been traditionally taught/presumed that the 4 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) were 4 separate narratives/perspectives from their individual/personal angle/point of view, but that is not the case. The synoptic Gospels are 'all touching the same elephant.'

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
HearGod said:
If you read [an English] translated Bible (Ahem, Babel/Babble?), you will learn from it (and the Holy Spirit?) that 2 malefactors/criminals were "crucified" (a [Turkish-]Latin Romanized word?) together with Jesus.

But if you read the Greek given text, you MIGHT be able to learn from it that 4 (2 malefactors and another 2 criminals) were staked together with Yehshua.

I hope you don't feel insulted by me; I did not translate those "strange" Bibles/Joke books. I am merely trying to evangelize the Gospel, which we all know is not really easy. Even Yehshua was himself rejected by the "Godly/religious" mass/believers.

It has been traditionally taught/presumed that the 4 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) were 4 separate narratives/perspectives from their individual/personal angle/point of view, but that is not the case. The synoptic Gospels are 'all touching the same elephant.'
[SIZE=16pt]Luke was not at the crucifixion of Jesus. I believe he needed to interview people to receive an account of all that happened.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]People who were at the scene of Jesus death, and reported on what they saw and heard, only wrote what they personally saw and heard. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Like any emotional event such as Jesus’ crucifixion, not everyone necessary sees and hears what others hear and see.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Luke by compiling what many different witness saw and heard was able to show us all that happened, and not just one person’s eye witness. [/SIZE]

Xhavon

Oct 21, 2014
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]Luke was not at the crucifixion of Jesus. I believe he needed to interview people to receive an account of all that happened.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]People who were at the scene of Jesus death, and reported on what they saw and heard, only wrote what they personally saw and heard. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Like any emotional event such as Jesus’ crucifixion, not everyone necessary sees and hears what others hear and see.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Luke by compiling what many different witness saw and heard was able to show us all that happened, and not just one person’s eye witness. [/SIZE]
This is probably not the case since the two books written by Luke were addressed to the patriarch of Antioch Theophilus who lived around 160 AD. This makes Luke a second or third generation scribe or keeper of the books that were handed down from the authors in the beginning. this is according to what Luke himself wrote.

Luke 1:1 Inasmuch as many have taken in hand to set in order a narrative of those things which have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word delivered them to us, 3 it seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write to you an orderly account, most excellent Theophilus,
It would be a lot like me writing you a letter telling you that I have perfect understanding of the whole Gospel and then other people later finding it and believing it and writing it into their cannon..

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Xhavon said:
This is probably not the case since the two books written by Luke were addressed to the patriarch of Antioch Theophilus who lived around 160 AD. This makes Luke a second or third generation scribe or keeper of the books that were handed down from the authors in the beginning. this is according to what Luke himself wrote.

Luke 1:1 Inasmuch as many have taken in hand to set in order a narrative of those things which have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word delivered them to us, 3 it seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write to you an orderly account, most excellent Theophilus,

It would be a lot like me writing you a letter telling you that I have perfect understanding of the whole Gospel and then other people later finding it and believing it and writing it into their cannon..
[SIZE=16pt]My understanding is just that. People do what he or she wants to do with God’s written Word. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]There is only one way to come to the truth. Only God can teach him or her to know God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]For me I believe what Jesus told me. Jesus told me that the Christian bible is his written Word. So for me what is written is what God wanted people to read.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I also believe one can come to a true understanding of God’s Word, only if he or she allows God to bring him or her to that understanding.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I also know just believing that it is God who is guiding one’s understanding of the bible, can be false.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]If the Holy Spirit is truly teaching one then he or she will be very aware it is God teaching. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Also the fruits of God’s teaching are good, and sin in not good fruit. If one still sins then it is the devil who is teaching him or her. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
Johnlove said:
1) Do you mean to say: Not every Scripture is God-inspired?

2) Or do you mean: Luke's hearsay was not God-inspired?

Johnlove said:
I don't see how or why you are responding to my earlier comment. Are you trying to tell me that one or more of my comments were wrong? Please clarify your point/s.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
HearGod said:
1) Do you mean to say: Not every Scripture is God-inspired?

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus told me the Christian Bible was his written Word. I believe the people who assembled the written Word of God, were led by the Holy Spirit. God put into the bible what he wants us to read.[/SIZE]

) Or do you mean: Luke's hearsay was not God-inspired?
[SIZE=16pt]I believe Luke wrote what he believed to be the truth, and God wanted people to read what he wrote.[/SIZE]

HearGod said:
I don't see how or why you are responding to my earlier comment. Are you trying to tell me that one or more of my comments were wrong? Please clarify your point/s.
[SIZE=16pt]I am not sure how to answer your question. I thought that my post confirmed your post. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]It maybe that I misread what you posted. [/SIZE]