Faith healing for today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 6:

2 A large crowd kept following him because they saw the signs that he was doing for the sick.
I.e., Jesus healed the sick to prove that he was sent by God.

Similarly for the disciples, Matthew 10:

1 Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
And for Paul, Acts 19:

12 so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.
All of the above healings show that they were sent by God. Miracles are usually signs to demonstrate something. In this case, they showed that Paul was an apostle.

Later, however, Paul wrote in 1 Timothy 5:

23 Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.
Paul didn't send Timothy his handkerchief to heal him. The healing miracles/signs were no longer associated with him.

Wiki:

Faith healing is the practice of prayer and gestures (such as laying on of hands) that are believed by some to elicit divine intervention in spiritual and physical healing, especially the Christian practice.[1] Believers assert that the healing of disease and disability can be brought about by religious faith through prayer or other rituals that, according to adherents, can stimulate a divine presence and power. Religious belief in divine intervention does not depend on empirical evidence of an evidence-based outcome achieved via faith healing.[2] Virtually all scientists and philosophers dismiss faith healing as pseudoscience.
Should we pray for healing?

Yes, today, I believe that God still heals supernaturally by faith at times but other times, he uses doctors. When God heals miraculously, he is proving a point. It is a sign, Mark 16:

17 these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
James affirmed that in 5:

15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
Paul also in 1 Corinthians 12:

8 For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 6:

I.e., Jesus healed the sick to prove that he was sent by God.

Similarly for the disciples, Matthew 10:

And for Paul, Acts 19:

All of the above healings show that they were sent by God. Miracles are usually signs to demonstrate something. In this case, they showed that Paul was an apostle.

Later, however, Paul wrote in 1 Timothy 5:

Paul didn't send Timothy his handkerchief to heal him. The healing miracles/signs were no longer associated with him.

Wiki:

Should we pray for healing?

Yes, today, I believe that God still heals supernaturally by faith at times but other times, he uses doctors. When God heals miraculously, he is proving a point. It is a sign, Mark 16:

James affirmed that in 5:

Paul also in 1 Corinthians 12:
He has healed me a number of times but I still have a chronic cough that has not been healed even though many people have prayed for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has healed me a number of times but like Paul I have thorn in my flesh that has not been healed.

Thorn in the flesh is a Hebrew idiom equaling our "pain in the neck." "Messengers of Satan." False teachers. Judaizers.

Judges 2:3
Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.’ ”

Numbers 33:55
But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then it shall be that those whom you let remain shall be irritants in your eyes and thorns in your sides, and they shall harass you in the land where you dwell.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thorn in the flesh is a Hebrew idiom equaling our "pain in the neck." "Messengers of Satan." False teachers. Judaizers.

Judges 2:3

Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.’ ”

Numbers 33:55
But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then it shall be that those whom you let remain shall be irritants in your eyes and thorns in your sides, and they shall harass you in the land where you dwell.
Thank you for that info. I just thought it meant he had a condition or illness that was not healed.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Faith healing for today​

Dang! I had hoped it would last more than 24 hrs!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Healing it real,

I do not walk up to people and ask if they want to be healed. God has led people to me to be healed. When I am asked and I have at least one other with me, the person is healed. God, through me, has healed a person who had a stroke, back problem, and kidney problems, and maybe others I did not know about.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Healing from physical sickness is a living metaphor for the forgiveness of sins; see Matthew 9:1-12.
It's odd how we can accept our salvation and God's forgiveness of our sin by faith but the healing part is much more difficult for us to believe.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's odd how we can accept our salvation and God's forgiveness of our sin by faith but the healing part is much more difficult for us to believe.
That's right. I said it before too. that If some Christians don't have (or use) a spiritual gift, they don't believe any Christian has it. What's worse they call you a false prophet.

Reactions: Lambano

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't know what that is so I Googled it. I'm not allowed to take cough suppressants. But thanks for the kind info.
It is anti bacterial.
Can be taken alongside any meds.
Cough suppressants are different

Been using it for over 20 years.
It will kill that thing getting you.
Ball is in your court.
To stay healthy i stay AWAY from doctors.
The doctors cant help you.
Holistic doctors can.
If you want to get well.

The reason devine healing is not working for you is because you, and others, are praying for healing.
You need deliverance from that thing that is eating your lunch.
Pray SPECIFICALLY to drive it out.
MAKE it leave.
We are praying wrong and the answer we get is EXACTLY what God told Paul.
He prayed wrong. (Said he prayed in vain 3 times)...He prayed that God would do his (Paul's) job.
So God told him "either you deal with it and get rid of it , or live with it"
I saw this happen to me when i had covid. I had the really bad one where you can not get well. I and others prayed for healing. No go. It got worse and worse.
Then Jesus came.
He told me; "stop praying for healing. YOU NEED DELIVERANCE"
So WITH AUTHORITY i came against it. I made it leave. The next day i was better!!!!!!
We need teaching on the AUTHORITY of the believer.
That is why prayer is hit and miss.
...and very few healings.
Get rid of the mice first. Then repair the damage they did.
Our protocol is killing us.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is anti bacterial.
Can be taken alongside any meds.
Cough suppressants are different

Been using it for over 20 years.
It will kill that thing getting you.
Ball is in your court.
To stay healthy i stay AWAY from doctors.
The doctors cant help you.
Holistic doctors can.
If you want to get well.

The reason devine healing is not working for you is because you, and others, are praying for healing.
You need deliverance from that thing that is eating your lunch.
Pray SPECIFICALLY to drive it out.
MAKE it leave.
We are praying wrong and the answer we get is EXACTLY what God told Paul.
He prayed wrong. (Said he prayed in vain 3 times)...He prayed that God would do his (Paul's) job.
So God told him "either you deal with it and get rid of it , or live with it"
I saw this happen to me when i had covid. I had the really bad one where you can not get well. I and others prayed for healing. No go. It got worse and worse.
Then Jesus came.
He told me; "stop praying for healing. YOU NEED DELIVERANCE"
So WITH AUTHORITY i came against it. I made it leave. The next day i was better!!!!!!
We need teaching on the AUTHORITY of the believer.
That is why prayer is hit and miss.
...and very few healings.
Get rid of the mice first. Then repair the damage they did.
Our protocol is killing us.
I was diagnosed with bronchiectasis (you can google it) which I told was caused by damage to my lungs when I had measles as a child. I have a reserve supply of antibiotics on prescription for if I start to get a chest infection.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was diagnosed with bronchiectasis (you can google it) which I told was caused by damage to my lungs when I had measles as a child. I have a reserve supply of antibiotics on prescription for if I start to get a chest infection.
Doctors cant help you IMO.
Just my 2 cents

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Doctors cant help you IMO.
Just my 2 cents
To be honest I haven't had much help from doctors. I've been coughing most of my life. One doctor said it was asthma and gave me an inhaler. But I used to get sent home from school and at one place I worked I was told to go out of the office and stand on the landing until it calmed down.

I eventually got a diagnosis at the age of 59 on my birthday after my GP had heard me coughing in the waiting room as I waited am hour to see him as an emergency patient. He used to say my lungs were clear but after that even though my lungs were clear he had no option but to refer me to the consultant at the hospital who gave me the diagnosis after a CAT scan. I thought I would then get treatment but there is no treatment. But I was advised to always have a supply of antibiotics for if it gets infected. But getting that request past a receptionist is like getting blood from stone.

I can no longer go to the theatre or cinema but I don't let it define me. And if I start coughing in a church meeting I know somebody will be praying and someone will give me a mint to suck.