Faith healing for today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you cough when you are camping?
I think the cough has got worse over the years as there is no cure. I only ever camped in a tent once and that was a borrowed one at the Dales Bible Week. We had a small caravan which we loved using for our holidays and I don't remember the cough being so bad then. And I used to enjoy going to the theatre but I can't do that anymore. I cough when I'm quietly reading on my Kindle or my bible, I cough watching TV, I cough in the night and sometimes have to get up until it passes, and sometimes I cough so hard for so long that it's hard to breathe I seem to cough for no apparent reason, no definite trigger. But, like I said I don't let it get me down and I don' let it define me.

As I said I have been miraculously healed a number of times - of a lump in my breast and Bell's palsy - but not the cough.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the cough has got worse over the years as there is no cure. I only ever camped in a tent once and that was a borrowed one at the Dales Bible Week. We had a small caravan which we loved using for our holidays and I don't remember the cough being so bad then. And I used to enjoy going to the theatre but I can't do that anymore. I cough when I'm quietly reading on my Kindle or my bible, I cough watching TV, I cough in the night and sometimes have to get up until it passes, and sometimes I cough so hard for so long that it's hard to breathe I seem to cough for no apparent reason, no definite trigger. But, like I said I don't let it get me down and I don' let it define me.

As I said I have been miraculously healed a number of times - of a lump in my breast and Bell's palsy - but not the cough.
Really a shame you took silver off the table.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Really a shame you took silver off the table.
I didn't take anything 'off the table' for years I took stuff until I was told by my consultant not to take anything. People are always recommending cough treatments but I will stick to the medical advice of the expert. Because of the condition of my lungs I need to cough so the mucus doesn't build up. I have been taught a technique by the hospital physio to help the cough be productive. People are very kind offering solutions.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't take anything 'off the table' for years I took stuff until I was told by my consultant not to take anything. People are always recommending cough treatments but I will stick to the medical advice of the expert. Because of the condition of my lungs I need to cough so the mucus doesn't build up. I have been taught a technique by the hospital physio to help the cough be productive. People are very kind offering solutions.
Doctors can not help you.
You have proven that.
Like i said, a shame you took silver off the table.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:

I.e., Jesus healed the sick to prove that he was sent by God.

Similarly for the disciples, Matthew 10:

And for Paul, Acts 19:

All of the above healings show that they were sent by God. Miracles are usually signs to demonstrate something. In this case, they showed that Paul was an apostle.

Later, however, Paul wrote in 1 Timothy 5:

Paul didn't send Timothy his handkerchief to heal him. The healing miracles/signs were no longer associated with him.

Wiki:

Should we pray for healing?

Yes, today, I believe that God still heals supernaturally by faith at times but other times, he uses doctors. When God heals miraculously, he is proving a point. It is a sign, Mark 16:

James affirmed that in 5:

Paul also in 1 Corinthians 12:
When I was first diagnosed with MS I was so depressed. I had no idea what it was but only what I’d heard. I thought my life was over. I would go up into the woods to pray and talk to God every day. There is a steep hill to the woods and every day I’d wonder how long I’d be able to walk up it. I remember one of the darkest days was …it was raining heavy outside …it was dark and gloomy and I was alone in my home. I laid on the sofa crying because at that point I had lost all the feeling in my left side from my breast all the way down to the toes in my left foot. I no longer could stand on my left foot and lift up my right foot without falling over. My left side had no strength in it. It was my first experience so to me …this was it…I would never regain the feeling in my left side again. It was months before the feeling returned. It was months before I had the strength back to balance on one foot, my left foot without falling over. So that was the darkest day laying there, so disconnected from life and from living and from health so I just kept crying. The sadness was so heavy and oppressive that day. Like the point of my being was over. I’m sharing this not for sympathy but to share out of this time …when I had never read the bible, for the first time I read the bible…I had all the promised healing verses tapped to my walls as reminders of God promised healing…if you just have Faith in what He promised. For a year I read every day asking Him constantly “do you want me to be healed God?” Because it seems like a “no”. I searched and searched for answers. I’m resolved now. I’ll never go back to questioning “do you want me healed.” As I started really reading all the healing verses I’d heard as proof of God’s physical healing. I started to take them down from the walls and read them in context. To study them in other passages that helped with what healing He promised unto His body. I studied faith healers and wow it depressed me when they all died of physical ailments that they preached God promised to remove, if only others had enough faith in the promise for physical healing. This I’ve come to see…it is Spiritual healing He promised unto His body. That I want! To no longer be broken hearted …to no longer be tossed about, pushed about as waves of the sea, to be healed from the spirit the world gave unto me of fear again unto bondage, to be born of power, of love and of a sound mind. After a long time of asking I received my answer to “God, did you promise me healing” and the answer was: it wasn’t physical healing but the most vital heart and mind that needed the promised healing of God. Out of all the verses that I removed seeing I had used those verses in an inappropriate context …one and the first that ever spoke to me about the promised healing of God through Faith in Christ was an odd verse from the suffering Job:
Job 38:25-27
"Who has cleft a channel for the torrents of rain and a way for the thunderbolt, [26] to bring rain on a land where no man is, on the desert in which there is no man, [27] to satisfy the waste and desolate land(come, and I’ll give you water for your thirst so that you never thirst again), and to make the ground (the ground where the seed of Christ is sown) sprout with grass?

Some versions say “the tender herb” sprouts to satisfy the waste and desolate land …I prefer the “tender herb” Isaiah 53:2-10 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. [3] He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. [4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. [6] All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. [7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. [8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. [9] And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. [10] Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, today, I believe that God still heals supernaturally by faith at times but other times, he uses doctors.

Yeah, chapter and verse please on the doctor stuff. (hint, it's not in scripture!)

The Lord never tells His people to trust in the wisdom of man to meet their needs.

Luke was on Jesus' staff and he was a physician... and oddly, Jesus never told anybody to go get an appointment with Dr Luke so he could experiment on them like a guinea pig and hope something works.

If God does actually use medical science... it's the only timer we see the Lord failing cause... many, many people who go to the doctor don't even get well while the doctor and the hospitals all pocket lots of cash along the way.

I have not used medical science since around 1987.... and have had numerous things come on me over the years that would cause those who don't believe God's promises for health / healing to run call 911.... Jesus delivered me out of all of these situations.

I can attest to that if one learns how to believe God's promises concerning healing He gave in His Word then God will keep them well... unless of course they have a "plan B" which shows they don't really believe what God promised.

And, there are reasons given in God's Word WHY some don't receive from the Lord whether it be for healing or other things the Lord promised in His Word.