Faith..in what

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
faith and believing are two different things not the same. faith is substance ,belief is trust. have substance in God and trust him for it.we obtain the knowledge of substance by hearing the word and knowing whats available to us. then we believe :rolleyes: the demons believed Jesus was the son of God but their was no substance for them but hell.their faith was hell and torment and believed it was coming :(

Reactions: gregg

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
faith and believing are two different things not the same. faith is substance ,belief is trust. have substance in God and trust him for it.we obtain the knowledge of substance by hearing the word and knowing whats available to us. then we believe :rolleyes: the demons believed Jesus was the son of God but their was no substance for them but hell.their faith was hell and torment and believed it was coming :(
I could be wrong but I see belief as bringing together, we gather together with people who believe the same thing, a commonality among the brethren, where faith is isolating, it's individual, between God and a person. It sets you apart from those who don't have faith. Belief is more superficial maybe, and faith leaves no room for shallowness, it has depth and a need for spiritual maturity. Again, this could be off a bit, but that's what it seems to be.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I could be wrong but I see belief as bringing together, we gather together with people who believe the same thing, a commonality among the brethren, where faith is isolating, it's individual, between God and a person. It sets you apart from those who don't have faith. Belief is more superficial maybe, and faith leaves no room for shallowness, it has depth and a need for spiritual maturity. Again, this could be off a bit, but that's what it seems to be.

I think of it somewhat the same way. :)

I see belief as something that brings us together according to our head knowledge, and also divides us according to head knowledge, thus creating denominations according to doctrine.

I see faith as something that brings us together according to the Spirit we walk by, and also divides us according to this Spirit. This requires people who recognize the Spirit of God, and who have the same brotherly heart in their hearts. This unites them!