Famine of the End Times

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The end time famine The disciples came to Jesus and asked him, what the sign of his coming and the end of the world would be. And Jesus answered and said unto them, take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. (Matthew 24:5) Many will say they are Christians, but they will be right from the synagogue of Satan. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilence's, and earthquakes, in divers places. (Matthew 24:7) At this time Nations are rising against each other, and there are plenty of quakes. Christ also speaks of famines at this present time, but is it a famine for food or for truth? There are famines occurring in some Countries, but there does not need to be. As for the U.S. and other major Countries with the majority of the population being overweight, I don't think there is any food famine here. And shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. (Matthew 24:10-12) Many are offended now because of so many different beliefs and separate themselves rather than seek the truth. There are also so many false teachers who thrive on tradition, voiding the word of God, leaving sin to creep in and run rampant cooling the love of many. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:13-14) Jesus makes it very clear that he needs his people to remain till the end in order to teach the word throughout the world. Not to deceive people with tradition or flyaway rapture doctrine. Even when Christ was tempted by Satan to turn stones into bread, he told him: It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Matthew 4:4) Christ is trying to tell us that the word is more important than food itself. We need to feed our spirit as well as our physical body. Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it. (Amos 8:11-12) Yes the end time famine is for hearing the truth of Gods word. Even today people wonder from church to church searching for truth or some new religion only to find traditions of men. There are some good Pastors and churches that teach the full Gospel chapter-by-chapter and verse-by-verse, but not that many. Paul would best explain this in the book of Romans: According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; unto this day. (Romans 11:8) Many will not see the truth at this time, because if they did they would not believe it or they would not pass it on to others like our Father intended. They are quick to pass on gossip, but are ashamed to talk about the word of God. Where does your faith really come from? Our Heavenly Father says: Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (II Timothy 3:16) The Bible was given to us to teach us and help us in our everyday lives and to realize what is wrong and is right. Yes the famine for the end time is for hearing the word and we must study and search for the truth. If we are real Christians, we will stand strong till the end of the tribulation, teaching and sharing the true word of the Father. As for the ones who come out of the tribulation and have the seal of God in their minds: They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of water: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. (Revelation 7:16-17)http://www.goodnewsministry.com/topics.htm

John

Mar 31, 2007
I think it is referring to a literal famine
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilence's, and earthquakes, in divers places. (Matthew 24:7) At this time Nations are rising against each other, and there are plenty of quakes. Christ also speaks of famines at this present time, but is it a famine for food or for truth?
For nation shall rise against nation We see this to be literal, we are expecting wars and rumors of warspestilenceWe see new diseases almost daily not to mention the old ones they keep bottled upearthquakes, well we have an earthquake watch here in this forum so why wouldn't the rest of the verse be literalRev 6 7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8 I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth. though, the world may be starving for the word, I believe Matthew 24 and rev 6 to be literal
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:13-14) Jesus makes it very clear that he needs his people to remain till the end in order to teach the word throughout the world. Not to deceive people with tradition or flyaway rapture doctrine.
You have expressed here why I feel the church is the two witnesses

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I think the famine will be both literal and spiritualAs far as the church being the two wittness's my problem is the chruch is not a new thing and how, when we can not even agree on doctrine and with all the false doctrine, how caan it turn the hearts of the children back to their father's (plural here because it speaks of two fathers the real and the fake).

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is referring to a literal famine
The famine of the hearing of the words of the LORD is literal, perhaps also figurative if you will, or a metaphor, but certainly real.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What does this change in how you live your life?

If it causes no change why is that? Are you living a perfect Christian life, most unlikely?

These attempts to cause fear and panic are not good Christian behaviour.

By all means raise your concerns, but you most I repeat you must also present your answer to the problem you are trying to cause panic over.

As ordinary Christian in every and any situation our response is always the same.
We praise and worship our gracious God.
We present our request about daily life to him.
We seek to live for him, to take opertunities to gossip the video, to give logical reasons why we believe. ( No rubbish appeals to just have faith )
We share what we have with those who have nothing.

Is there really anything else you think we should be doing whether the world continues or is ending?

Reactions: Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Famine of the hearing of God's Word, 'death valley' world, truth rare..... massive animal kills for a century plus.... and people's killed.....

ON television right now: abc, 20200410, 7am cst,
"oxygen" being used, 'finally'? 'too late' ? (used for patients who cannot breath) ... why not sooner ? >>>
Good News: (with every problem, until the end days wrath/punishment/ judgment,
there is a 'solution' from God and in Jesus)

Can viruses survive in oxygen? - Quora

https://www.quora.com/Can-viruses-survive-in-oxygen?share=1
First of all,viruses are intra cellular obligate parasites. So they require hosts for replication. They hijack host machinery and replicate. Outside host they cant do anything. Thus it is often said that viruses are on boundary of living and non l...
How Oxygen Kills All Germs & Diseases...

How Oxygen Kills All Germs & Diseases...
Did you know that germs, bacteria and most other diseases cannot survive in a high oxygen environment? Yes it's true, turns out it literally burns them up like fire kills ants. And the opposite is also true, germs and bacteria thrive in low oxygen environments. And this is the reason why there are ...
Ozone Can Be Used To Destroy The New Coronavirus And ...

Ozone Can Be Used To Destroy The New Coronavirus And Disinfect Areas - Thailand Medical News
Ozone gas has been proven to kill the SARS coronavirus and since the structure of the new 2019-nCoV coronavirus is almost identical to that of the SARS coronavirus, ... Ozone is a naturally occurring gas created from oxygen atoms. The oxygen molecule is made up of 2 oxygen atoms. ... Its killing action upon bacteria, viruses, fungi, and in many ...
Ozone kills 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses : Human N Health

Ozone kills 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses in 10 seconds, Here is how to use it to treat CANCER
Ozone kills 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses in 10 seconds, Here is how to use it to treat CANCER "Did you know that the lack of health that exists in every single cancer condition, without exception (no matter the location or stage of the cancer), has to do with impaired, oxygen-less respiration of the... View Article
The Best Cleaners for Coronavirus - Bob Vila

7 Cleaners That the EPA Recommends Against the Coronavirus
Read on for our selection of products from the EPA's list of verified virus-fighters. ... down into water and oxygen upon use. ... bowl cleaner kills 99.9 percent of bacteria and viruses while ...