Fasting is important to prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've heard people discuss him on forums, but I've never been exposed to any of his talks. I did a quick search and it mentioned he had a radio broadcast.
Our group used to listen to his online talks. There are lots on You tube including ones on fasting.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our group used to listen to his online talks. There are lots on You tube including ones on fasting.
I like his message in the fasting talk already, I'm at 5mins, I'll include it:

Reactions: Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To my sister who is not a calvinist and that by her own choice , I say LEt the glorious LORD be praised .
Let us press unto , cling unto the glorious LORD . Learning daily and staying reminded in the TRUTH of our glorious Lord .
Lol brother, yes...by choice :D
Yes indeed, He is WORTHY of all our praise, all the time! Good OR bad...as "He works all things to the good..." And that is a FACT!

Last edited:

dominic

Jan 11, 2022
Okinawa, Japan
www.pureheart.page
Faith
Christian
Country
Japan
God has used fasting in many times in my own life too. Yes, glory to God. The Bible has the teachings and answers for fasting, if only we take time to read it. Thank you for the encouragement.

I remember a verse "blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted".
Thank you Jesus.

Reactions: Pearl and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has used fasting in many times in my own life too. Yes, glory to God. The Bible has the teachings and answers for fasting, if only we take time to read it. Thank you for the encouragement.

I remember a verse "blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted".
Thank you Jesus.
Thanks dominic, today I'm feeling sorrow for the potential war with Russia. I had a vision 10 years ago that I was killed by a nuclear type weapon and God comforted me then and told me he could withstand the weapon and save me. He taught me more about the resurrection. In such sorrow I started a fast and God comforted me, I feel much better now.

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that will mean anything if a person isn't keeping God's commandments:

"One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination." - Pro. 28:9

"And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight." - 1 Jhn 3:22

There have been times where God made an exception, but the Bible says God will generally refuse to listen to people who willingly reject His commandments. If a person isn't keeping His commandments, they are literally starving themselves and talking to themselves for nothing.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that will mean anything if a person isn't keeping God's commandments:

"One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination." - Pro. 28:9

"And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight." - 1 Jhn 3:22

There have been times where God made an exception, but the Bible says God will generally refuse to listen to people who willingly reject His commandments. If a person isn't keeping His commandments, they are literally starving themselves and talking to themselves for nothing.
There are other ways to interpret that. You posted your own words to state a position regarding that scripture. But I find scriptures speak for themselves.

Proverbs 28:9

King James Version

9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

This clearly means that the individual will not hear the law at all. That doesn't say that he heard the law and realized he is a sinner. In fact we find from the parable of the Pharisee and the Publican just the opposite is true:

Luke 18:9-14

King James Version

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Last edited: