Father of lies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Firstly there is no such things as demons as is taught though it is true that Mythology throughout all the empires going back to ancient near eastern times have believed in evil spirits and is the devices of men's imaginations and easily proven to be error. Having said that I don't have an answer for everything which happens in the earth I doubt anyone does.

Here is a list of subjects to do with demons.

1. Demons Are Idols
2. Old Testament 'Demons' Were Idols
3. Healing The Sick and how this relates to demons
4. What was the language of the day concerning demons, devil's etc
5. Do demons caused illness and sickness?

Now these are individual studies in their own right.

Here is an example:

The NT said certain people were "possessed with demons" are said to be "healed" or "cured" - Matthew 4:24;12:22;17:18 - implying that demon possession is another way of describing illness.

From this simple reading can you see this?

So what do you think caused the people to suggest this fanciful nonsense? its rather simple really only we make it difficult.

P.
So; Purity knows more than Christ Jesus!?
The demons spoke to him on more than one occasion; Legion's being the most well known.
But of course, you know more than my Lord!
And of course, you will not answer this question, or the ones following you.
Floyd.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Ah Floyd,

Would you like to discuss Legion? Or not?

Purity
What a strange response from what; From what ; I wonder?
You deny demons.
You deny my Lord, Christ Jesus.
You deny Satan exists.
You deny the Deity of Christ Jesus.
You deny the Deity of the Holy Spirit.

You pontificate as a Pope.
You refuse to answer questions on your own teachings; (when you are cornered)!
You demand all and sundry answer your questions.
You teach; what exactly.

In other words; what are you man or..........?
Floyd.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Will take that as a no :)
Yes; take as a most definite no.
I will not debate anything with you again; unless you become honest, and answer these repeated questions.

Purity, on 27 May 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:
Purity said:
Ah Floyd,

Would you like to discuss Legion? Or not?

Purity
What a strange response from what; From what ; I wonder?
You deny demons.
You deny my Lord, Christ Jesus.
You deny Satan exists.
You deny the Deity of Christ Jesus.
You deny the Deity of the Holy Spirit.

You pontificate as a Pope.
You refuse to answer questions on your own teachings; (when you are cornered)!
You demand all and sundry answer your questions.
You teach; what exactly.

In other words; what are you man or..........?
Floyd.

Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:
Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

Satan's people:

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity said:
Firstly there is no such things as demons as is taught though it is true that Mythology throughout all the empires going back to ancient near eastern times have believed in evil spirits and is the devices of men's imaginations and easily proven to be error. Having said that I don't have an answer for everything which happens in the earth I doubt anyone does.

Here is a list of subjects to do with demons.

1. Demons Are Idols
2. Old Testament 'Demons' Were Idols
3. Healing The Sick and how this relates to demons
4. What was the language of the day concerning demons, devil's etc
5. Do demons caused illness and sickness?

Now these are individual studies in their own right.

Here is an example:

The NT said certain people were "possessed with demons" are said to be "healed" or "cured" - Matthew 4:24;12:22;17:18 - implying that demon possession is another way of describing illness.

From this simple reading can you see this?

So what do you think caused the people to suggest this fanciful nonsense? its rather simple really only we make it difficult.

P.
Fanciful nonsense? You obviously have no experience with spiritual warfare. I was at a neighbor's house one day and she started talking about her husband who had passed away. She said he had been appearing to her off and on. She was saying this like it was a good thing. As she was talking about this, even though it was hot in her house before that, now the temperature dropped and we both felt it. She asked me if I felt that and I said yes. I also felt that something was going to manifest itself. There was a strong feeling of an evil presence along with the coldness. So I told her that we needed to pray. So I said a prayer for protection and help and before I finished the prayer, the coldness in the room was gone and there was no feeling of an evil presence anymore.

Did the archangel Michael have a dispute with someone who doesn't exist?
Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil as he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke you.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
truthquest said:
Did the archangel Michael have a dispute with someone who doesn't exist?
Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil as he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke you.
I will only ever deal with those things which are provable.

Here is the verse before verse 9

Verse 8 Yet these men, as a result of their dreams, defile the flesh, reject authority, and insult the glorious ones.

Ok so we have mere men insulting angels.

Verse 10 But these men do not understand the things they slander, and they are being destroyed by the very things that, like irrational animals, they instinctively comprehend.

So your verse is hedge about with men, flesh, insults, filthy dreamers, slanders, like irrational animals.

Contextually you already have a problem with Jude 9 and its interpretation.

Would you like to provide us your exposition of Jude 1:9 given the context?

Thanks
Purity

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity said:
I will only ever deal with those things which are provable.

Here is the verse before verse 9

Verse 8 Yet these men, as a result of their dreams, defile the flesh, reject authority, and insult the glorious ones.

Ok so we have mere men insulting angels.

Verse 10 But these men do not understand the things they slander, and they are being destroyed by the very things that, like irrational animals, they instinctively comprehend.

So your verse is hedge about with men, flesh, insults, filthy dreamers, slanders, like irrational animals.

Contextually you already have a problem with Jude 9 and its interpretation.

Would you like to provide us your exposition of Jude 1:9 given the context?

Thanks
Purity
Michael the archangel is not a man.
If Michael the archangel dared not bring a railing accusation against the devil then how much more should men, being inferior to Michael, not slander and insult those in authority and the glorious ones.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Michael the archangel is not a man.
If Michael the archangel dared not bring a railing accusation against the devil then how much more should men, being inferior to Michael, not slander and insult those in authority and the glorious ones.
I know who Michael is truthquest - I am asking you to provide your understanding of the verse you quoted.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
I know who Michael is truthquest - I am asking you to provide your understanding of the verse you quoted.
I am asking you to answer my questions on your teachings; which so far you have refused to do!!!!!!!!!!!

Vis:

Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:
Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.