Feeling down

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JonJT

Jan 7, 2008
I've taken a step back to examine my life as of late, and I'm feeling bad about it. Everywhere I look I see sin and it's something impossible to escape in this physical world. The sinful nature of man is in blatant defiance of God and Gods nature and this frightens and saddens me. My feelings on this are exacerbated by the fact that I am a very critical person, especially when critiquing myself. I want to be perfect before the Lord but, knowing this is not possible has me feeling worthless and undeserving. Its become hard for me to be happy about anything that I do, because I'm wondering if it's sinful. I'm constantly getting the feeling that I'm playing with my life and defying God in everything that I do. Sometimes I look to other people for assurance but in the end, your sins are between you and the Father, there will be no excuses and just because your pastor said it was ok doesn't mean its actually ok. I'm quite frightened of what God will say to me when the time comes. I would just like to be told that I am good and loved in some way. I know full well God loves us, that he wants all of us to be saved and be with him. But I fall very short of Gods expectations for men and I just don't like it.I have prayed about this a few times in the last 2 days, but I just wanted to put it out there. Being reminded time and time again of how sinful I am hasn't worked out well for my happiness.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Take this one step further. Besides the deep knowledge you have of your sins, you have to admit that you are an enemy with God. That's what I did. Once we realize this, then we can be saved and on the right track. Only such a person can God work with because of the realization of total depravity, i.e. all dependence is on God.There's something wrong with some people who are so self-assured before God that they feel they are on His favorites list. On the contrary, the bible says otherwise about all of us. I know you are probably aware of this already, but reread Romans 7. I think that would help in your case.Frankly, I'll tell you what I think of you based on what you said. I don't meet too many Christians that have the sense and faith you do.

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
yes
biggrin.gif
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
(JonJT;35225)
I've taken a step back to examine my life as of late, and I'm feeling bad about it. Everywhere I look I see sin and it's something impossible to escape in this physical world. The sinful nature of man is in blatant defiance of God and Gods nature and this frightens and saddens me. My feelings on this are exacerbated by the fact that I am a very critical person, especially when critiquing myself. I want to be perfect before the Lord but, knowing this is not possible has me feeling worthless and undeserving. Its become hard for me to be happy about anything that I do, because I'm wondering if it's sinful. I'm constantly getting the feeling that I'm playing with my life and defying God in everything that I do. Sometimes I look to other people for assurance but in the end, your sins are between you and the Father, there will be no excuses and just because your pastor said it was ok doesn't mean its actually ok. I'm quite frightened of what God will say to me when the time comes. I would just like to be told that I am good and loved in some way. [God loves you and so do I, even the "best" people sin] I know full well God loves us, that he wants all of us to be saved and be with him. But I fall very short of Gods expectations for men and I just don't like it. None of us do, we can only strive to be like Him. I have prayed about this a few times in the last 2 days, but I just wanted to put it out there. Being reminded time and time again of how sinful I am hasn't worked out well for my happiness.
Jon, my friend, it sounds that you are far from being a bad person, and again you are loved. We all sin, everyday, it is impossible not to., but as Christians, we strive not to, but when we do, our sins have been washed away.
1-h.jpg
bloodwiser_king_of-1.jpg

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
We all will fall short of Gods glorious expectations! Does that mean what we are doing is worthless? No,keep doing good deeds,sure in the end what you did is no match for what God did to you and I could understand why you feel depressed, But God is so great he forgives us of our sins,and loves us so much! Don't feel down,We all sin,and it is not something we can escape,the world is full of evil and we can not help it,Just keep asking for forgiveness! It seems you are trying TO HARD to be perfect that your actually hurting yourself,what I mean is you are getting so disappointed that you are failing when we all will,that your digging yourself in a whole and saying your not worthy,instead have a positive attitude know that when you sin God is there for you! Don't let it get you down in the dumps,No I am not saying hey go sin and not care,for you should,But just don't get to upset,We are humans doomed to sin!Just keep praying to God!
smile.gif

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
We all are sinners, just forgiven through our precious Saviour,Jesus Christ. Ask forgiveness and He forgives.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I know something that will cheer you up. Listen to worship music, and read the Bible from cover to cover. That cheers me up
smile.gif

JonJT

Jan 7, 2008
(tim_from_pa;35231)
Take this one step further. Besides the deep knowledge you have of your sins, you have to admit that you are an enemy with God. That's what I did. Once we realize this, then we can be saved and on the right track. Only such a person can God work with because of the realization of total depravity, i.e. all dependence is on God.There's something wrong with some people who are so self-assured before God that they feel they are on His favorites list. On the contrary, the bible says otherwise about all of us. I know you are probably aware of this already, but reread Romans 7. I think that would help in your case.Frankly, I'll tell you what I think of you based on what you said. I don't meet too many Christians that have the sense and faith you do.
I have never said I was an enemy of the Lord, such a thing never even crossed my mind, frankly. I see myself as completely bare and helpless before the Lord so being considered an enemy of the Almighty never really occurred to me. I do understand what you are saying though and I will pray on it.And as for Romans 7, believe it or not I just began reading the Bible for the first time maybe 3 weeks ago. And I read slowly simply because my Olde English is not up to par! I will read Romans 7 after I type this though. And thank you about the words concerning my faith. I feel as though one can never have enough faith in the Lord and I am constantly questioning if mine is good enough for God. I am in good company.

JonJT

Jan 7, 2008
(forgivenWretch;35235)
Jon, my friend, it sounds that you are far from being a bad person, and again you are loved. We all sin, everyday, it is impossible not to., but as Christians, we strive not to, but when we do, our sins have been washed away.
1-h.jpg
bloodwiser_king_of-1.jpg

You see, I do believe I am a good person relative to other men, but relative to God I do not compare. And there in lies my sadness. Your words are comforting though. I will trust in Gods word and pray that he forgive me.

JonJT

Jan 7, 2008
(Dukester;35240)
We all will fall short of Gods glorious expectations! Does that mean what we are doing is worthless? No,keep doing good deeds,sure in the end what you did is no match for what God did to you and I could understand why you feel depressed, But God is so great he forgives us of our sins,and loves us so much! Don't feel down,We all sin,and it is not something we can escape,the world is full of evil and we can not help it,Just keep asking for forgiveness! It seems you are trying TO HARD to be perfect that your actually hurting yourself,what I mean is you are getting so disappointed that you are failing when we all will,that your digging yourself in a whole and saying your not worthy,instead have a positive attitude know that when you sin God is there for you! Don't let it get you down in the dumps,No I am not saying hey go sin and not care,for you should,But just don't get to upset,We are humans doomed to sin!Just keep praying to God!
smile.gif

Thanks Dukester, I'll keep it up!

JonJT

Jan 7, 2008
(Wakka;35243)
I know something that will cheer you up. Listen to worship music, and read the Bible from cover to cover. That cheers me up
smile.gif
Working on both Wakka, especially the Bible reading. Have any good recommendations for worship music?

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
(JonJT;35279)
You see, I do believe I am a good person relative to other men, but relative to God I do not compare. And there in lies my sadness. Your words are comforting though. I will trust in Gods word and pray that he forgive me.
Jon...NO ONE will ever compare to God...NO ONE! We can only set a goal to become closer and closer, and that is all He expects of us. As long as one strives to get closer, God is so ever pleased. I noticed you asked about Christian music...one of my favorites is "Casting Crowns" man what a message they have...also go to www.wayfm.com and check them out...you can listen online for free. It is really a good station. Also check out www.afr.net.