Final End of the Old Age - 70 AD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't listen I read what they have to say, according to the word of God. Sometime it is hard to understand because, like you, I have been fed a lot of Children Sunday School class. As an adult I moved past eating an apple as a sin.
What I have learned has never been a salvation issue. If you are Christian today, there is nothing I post that would say you are not saved unless you believe that Eve was sexually seduced by a man possessed of the devil.

Sorry, I don't deem you qualified to be able to say whether one is saved or not. Who is saved is up to our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

It's been a long, long..., long, long time, since I had children's Sunday school lessons. Nor do I heed quarterlies printed up by some far away denominational organization of men. God's Word line upon line, chapter by chapter is what I follow. And I find the many here that have hardly cracked open their Bible, but stay in a very small portion of it, and then try to act like they know everything, and don't check themselves, but will often push a doctrine they heard preached without verifying it in God's Word.

And by the way, what you have pushed here on your OP, is right out of the pulpit of men's doctrines and not God's Holy Writ.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
I do take some liberties in my posts but most have at least two scriptures to back it up. Which ones do you want me to explain?
I am qualified to say I am saved because God told me that he has saved me. He put me in a trance while I was reading his word, when he had finished I wrote down what he said, and for just one thing it was that he had grafted me into the vine.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

You don't have to believe me of course, but as a Christian I do not lie! God can talk to us if He want to. He did many times in the old testament.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do take some liberties in my posts but most have at least two scriptures to back it up. Which ones do you want me to explain?
I am qualified to say I am saved because God told me that he has saved me. He put me in a trance while I was reading his word, when he had finished I wrote down what he said, and for just one thing it was that he had grafted me into the vine.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

You don't have to believe me of course, but as a Christian I do not lie! God can talk to us if He want to. He did many times in the old testament.

Careful, you are beginning to place yourself in the role of one of God's prophets.

There are no more prophets. God has already given us everything in His Word that will happen.

The Holy Spirit will lead and direct us in our personal lives, but we don't hear literal words from Him like God's prophets did.

What we get as Christians, IF we listen to The Holy Spirit, are little urges to do or not do something. And if it is from The Holy Spirit, it will always... agree with His written Word, no exceptions. And therein is the 'rub'. If we stay in His Word as written, then we will 'know' beyond all doubt whether our urges our spirit receives are truly from God or not.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Careful, you are beginning to place yourself in the role of one of God's prophets.

There are no more prophets. God has already given us everything in His Word that will happen.

The Holy Spirit will lead and direct us in our personal lives, but we don't hear literal words from Him like God's prophets did.

What we get as Christians, IF we listen to The Holy Spirit, are little urges to do or not do something. And if it is from The Holy Spirit, it will always... agree with His written Word, no exceptions. And therein is the 'rub'. If we stay in His Word as written, then we will 'know' beyond all doubt whether our urges our spirit receives are truly from God or not.

I said I would try to explain anything that I have posted. I didn't say I heard literal words, although if He wanted to do it He could do it. You can keep browbeating or tell me what I have posted without scripture,
so that might explain through scripture!