Financial Stewardship - The Rules of The Road

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: - Mark 12:41-43

I remember the story of the widow who only gave two mites and was said to have given more than all the other rich people who gave a percentage out of their abundance. If Bill Gates and Warren Buffet were to get saved and give a billion dollars a piece for ministry, that would greatly profit ministries and do Christianity a lot of good. But as far as Christ is concerned their donations would be small. If you take some youth worker who is donating nothing but time, as he has little money, to help youths along in their Christian walk, that mans donation would be great, as he is doing it with his whole heart and with a great sacrifice of time..

So financial steward ship rules of the road - God measures your sacrifice, not your dollars.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Consider your ways.

Haggai 1:5b-7a

6 Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.

7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.

Does this describe you and your family?

Study the book of Haggai and Malachi 3:6-11.

If you have not given to God what you should, he may have sent the devourer to take much more then 10%.

I am not a pastor that wants your money.

I am a Sunday school teacher that wants to make your life much better by explaining the opportunity of

giving time and money with a joyful heart.

If you tell me tithing was only for the Old Testament times then why does your wallet have holes in it.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Great points.. God loves a cheerful giver for it shows our heart condition towards God and others. All who say, To give to the work of God is wrong and evil, all the while feeding the mouth of the ungodly with the purchases for their fleshly desires, are in error. We really should not be supporting businesses that are involved in ungodly works, yet it is hard to tell what a business is up to when we participate with them.

In this day and age you won't be able to buy or sell without taking the mark of the beast for man lies, uses false scales, cheats, and steals and even kills when they do business to eliminate their competition, just a Cain killed his own brother to be on top without raising his standards.
They don't fool God for He sees their unfair business practices and their bad heart condition. They have been tempted to take the mark of the beast, the dog eat dog nature and will do ANYTHING for their gain even those who believe in God will be unfaithful to Christ by throwing down the Rod to gain the whole world, even deceiving their own soul.
God had Moses warn Egypt(ungodly) if you don't believe the first sign(Pick the Rod/Word back up before the enemy gets a foothold) you SHALL believe the second sign(DISEASE will set in your body for your sin) for your disobedience. Yet... God is able the heal you if you REPENT and turn from your wicked ways and exalt that Rod/Christ back up as to steady YOUR WALK, no longer CROOKED, but straight gate.

Prov 20:10
10 Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the LORD.
KJV
Prov 20:23
23 Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.
KJV
Mic 6:9-12
9 The LORD's voice crieth unto the city, and the man of wisdom shall see thy name: hear ye the rod, and who hath appointed it.
10 Are there yet the treasures of wickedness in the house of the wicked, and the scant measure that is abominable?
11 Shall I count them pure with the wicked balances, and with the bag of deceitful weights?
12 For the rich men thereof are full of violence, and the inhabitants thereof have spoken lies, and their tongue is deceitful in their mouth.
KJV
Ezek 28:12-17
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty (AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL, GOD SHED HIS GRACE ON THEE).
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
KJV