FlyBoys and Flags of our Fathers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Went to see Flyboys and liked it very much. Some nice French countryside.No swearing or nudity, but some moderately bloody scenes with dogfights.Saw Flags of our Fathers. Disappointed that they were using God's name in vain a lot. Otherwise it was interesting.Because Hollywood doesn't seem to value social conservatives; even though they want their money, I rarely pay full price for a movie. I go in the afternoon (once in a while), go to the cheap seats or watch Noir ( black & white 30s-40s ) movies. Works just fine for me.
smile.gif

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wanted to take my grandfather to see Flags of Our Fathers if it is good enough to. He fought in that theater in WWII and was actually on Iwo Jima though I do not believe he fought there or saw limited action.I'm just worried that sooner or later Hollywood will start questioning what we as a nation did during this war in that regard. War is hell, but two antichrists were checked in that one.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(SwampFox;3673)
I wanted to take my grandfather to see Flags of Our Fathers if it is good enough to. He fought in that theater in WWII and was actually on Iwo Jima though I do not believe he fought there or saw limited action.I'm just worried that sooner or later Hollywood will start questioning what we as a nation did during this war in that regard. War is hell, but two antichrists were checked in that one.
Hi SwampFoxIt's worth seeing. Is not disrespectful to our Veterans. Bloody beach scenes, like that movie Tom Hanks was in-can't right now remember the name of it.A lot of focus on the photos that were taken with the men holding up the flag. And their feelings regarding the whole publicity thing. Don't want to give it away.
smile.gif