Focus on the Family

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
What are you all's thoughts on James Dobson and Focus on the Family? I personally visit their site all the time and I think it is biblically based. The liberal media has a tendency to target Dr. Dobson as a wacko fundamentalist. What do you all think?

gartrout

Jun 14, 2006
I'd say that Dr. Dobson and Focus On The Family have shared God's love with many people in some very creative ways. Very much in the forefront of Christianity as viewed in our country. That makes them a target to start with. Personally, I feel that there has been a push to go more on the offensive with many political topics recently. That makes for a bigger target. I still generally agree with their approach and see it as Biblical and grace filled.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
While it isw not a bad thing to push for this law or that one, to advise governemnt to keep marriage the way God intended it. The Gospel does not stand or fall on any law we pass. Do we really need to advise those within the congregation on how to vote on issues such as abortion, sancification of homsexuality, teen sex, and other issues?In my book, Dobson lost his credibility when he allowed neocon talk show host Sean Hennedy to appear on his radio program and proclaim "God has blessed us with the most powerfull military that has ever existed. And if we don't use it to kill all the worlds dicators and liberate the world, God will Judge this nation!". And Dobson voiced agreement with those words.

bac2nowere

Jun 15, 2006
I think James Dobson is good. I listen to him when I can. And I have read some of his books. I enjoyed them and found them useful.Even if Dobson allowed Sean Hannity, I guess this is who Bernie was talking about, I still like James Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.