Followers Need What The World Cannot Give

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“Followers Need What The World Cannot Give”
Matthew 4:23-25 NIV
Jesus went through Galilee, teaching in the synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them. Large crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him.

I was just reading this passage recently and 4 words stuck out to me: Large crowds followed him. As I read these words, I thought about how Jesus went so many places and touched so many lives. This drew large crowds because He was doing something totally different from the norm. He was doing life different than anyone had ever seen. He had followers, but not followers like we might see today.

When we think of followers today, we think of social media and how so many of us want people to see our tweets and posts and to like them and comment. We often tend to want to draw people’s attention to ourselves because we want to be noticed. Jesus had followers, but it was because He was doing something different and people were drawn to what He had to offer. The followers were craving someone that the world couldn’t give them.

I think about people who follow my posts online and all who read the inspirational posts and the devos I write. I hope that all who follow what I write will be blessed and come to know God through something I share. I am so very grateful and honored that God has used me all these years to share devotional thoughts with others to hopefully inspire and bring hope. If you’re reading this, I thank you for taking time to read and hopefully you’re inspired to grow more in your relationship with God.

Who do we follow in life? Do we want to know Christ more and share His light more? If we have people who look up to us, I hope that we would want them to see God through us no matter what we are doing. For years, my kids have followed a lot of what my wife and I do. I hope and pray they have come to know God’s love in a powerful way through us in how we raised them.

Just think, if we live our lives in the way of Christ, people will take notice and people will want to know why you live like you do. They may follow your lead and do things you do if you are following Christ. If so, do your best to follow God and be an example to them. This was a huge prayer of the Apostle Paul. He wanted people to follow his example as he strove to follow God’s example.

Who do you follow and who follows you? Let’s pray that anyone who follows us is able to see the light of Christ shine through us.